1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Calling all Trolls

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steel4Blood, Dec 16, 2018.

1. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

For me, oh most definitely Butler. Tomlin is still getting there for me but my proverbial dial has been turned down a bit. :)

That said, I still say this was big for him; an even bigger step no less. Biggest winners though was #SteelersNation. It was truly has been a long time.

However, it was well worth the wait. :herewego:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Yep wheres the trolls , Ben looked incredible out there, over throwing everybody and throwing into quadruple coverage. He is back!!!!

Last edited: Dec 17, 2018
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    You're drunk.

;+)
    :drinks:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I still say they should take him out and get him drunk, ride the incline to the top of Mt. Washington and kick some balls into the river. Much better than screwing with his head about bringing in a couple of kickers

5. Jares

Jares Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2016
    I know it annoys some people to no end (I could tell listening to some of the calls on the call-in show on TV) but Tomlin isn't all of a sudden a great coach because he held on to be beat the Patriots after they played one of the worst games I've seen them play. Am I happy they won? Sure. And I'll root for them next week too. Does one regular season win change my mind on Tomlin and this faults of his football team? Nope. He still mismanaged the clock at the end of the first half. He still botched a challenge. However, the team finished today which was a nice change of pace. As far as my belief in Tomlin goes, ask me again when he gets us back to the Super Bowl. He doesn't even have to win it, just get there.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. bleednblackngold

bleednblackngold Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    There were at least a couple people trying to make money betting against the Steelers. Those people can suck it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011

Heck of a game for both of them. Hold Tom Brady and company to 10 points is very impressive.

We know how good this team can play unfortunately we also know how poor they can play and there is one more such team on the schedule which could cause it to rear its ugly head.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    First off: people who disagree with you, being critical of aspects of gameplan, decisions or express displeasure at their team underperforming are not trolls. To call them that is to say their opinion is invalid and not sincere. GTFO with that nonsense.

Second: You'd be hard pressed to find anyone not happy to the gills that we won this game.

Third: We did NOT play a great game. We should have won by 27 considering how badly NE played at times. Yes. A win is a win and I'm going to celebrate it and the fact that for the first time in a very long time, Brady didn't completely embarrass our defense. But this was not a championship game. It's not even a playoff game. Perspective. We've a long way to go.

Fourth: Now imagine we didn't play down to the competition. Imagine that we finished games we're dominating. Imagine we didn't brain fart against teams we should have beaten. Imagine how nice it could have been knowing we were vying for the #1 seed... not praying we win out to even make the playoffs.

This was a great step forward. I hope we build on it.

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    U mad Bros?

• Like Like x 1
  10. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    I will be if we miss the playoffs lol

• Agree Agree x 4
  11. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Why? Cause they want to make money?

12. lewisha

lewisha Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Damn Ray, hit this thread like Ju Ju hit Burfict!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Ben still sucks, MT is still an idiot ,and Bos is still garbage, 1 kick doesnt fix garbage. The 14 penalties and many dropped balls did the steelers a favor. It was a game of mistakes.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2018
  14. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Today's outing shows that this team was perfectly capable of vying for the 1 seed if they took every game more seriously.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Great, a thread all about the OP trying to feel better about themselves and their sh!tty life. What a pile of :bscow:

• Like Like x 2
  16. TomlinSux

TomlinSux Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Great win last night. I did not expect to see us beat NE any time soon, so it was nice to see the win and actually compete for the win versus giving it away.

That being said, the continued losses to inferior teams is unacceptable and always comes back to bite us in the arse and puts this team in must win situations.

This team/coaches need to fix the inconsistent/undisciplined play among other things. Coaching is just consistently horrible with zero game management, zero clock management, zero adjustments and creating an atmosphere where players can do whatever they want when they want to do it. I know...it is the new NFL.

We all have our opinions and I’ve been watching this team since the early 70’s and have seen alot of ups and downs, but since Tomlin has taken the reigns, this team and true Steeler football has not be up to par IMHO. But I guess I am a troll for expecting to see one of the most prolific teams in NFL history consistently play up to their potential. I am ok with losses...that happens, but not how we lose and who we lose to.

Always a huge fan of the black and gold, but not a fan of cheerleader coaching.

17. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I would not call them haters just fans being realistic. They love the Steelers but just get so frustrated and we all HATE Brady but he sure has owned us. We just beat an old Tom Brady on his way out.

To put it in context, I absolutely love the Pittsburgh Pirates, hell I got their emblem tattooed on my arm, but I know they will not make the playoffs next season.

And the Saints will beat us.

18. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I doubt they would lose to the Bengals at home, with the playoffs on the line.

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    But when the Steelers have 14 penalties they're undisciplined :shrug:. The Steelers defense held the Patriots to 3 of 10 on third downs, and 0 for 3 in the redzone.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I have lost money every time I have bet on them. I won’t bet against them. Now I just don’t bet.

21. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Great win!! We still left alot of points on the field and they had some uncommonly dropped passes by normally reliable receivers. But, I'm still rejoicing in a great and must win! What a way to show some testicular fortitude gentlemen.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  22. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Ben has to quit forcing throws to AB. It is getting old and will cost the Steelers in the playoffs. Steelers have 4 other good to great WRs that can make plays besides AB.... JuJu, Washington, Rogers and Switzer. Plus McDonald and James. Patriots did a good job of shutting down AB and JuJu.

The refs finally starting calling obvious holding on the Pats O-line. Patriots have been getting away with that crap for years. Ask James Harrison.

Steelers will have to live and die with Boswell. Jags got the last decent kicker available.

23. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    You are wasting your time. I mean...super wasting it.

• Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  24. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    I bet some fans on here were hoping the Steelers would lose out the rest of the season, get blown out by the Patriots, so the coaching staff would get fired

• Like Like x 1
  25. sjromano

sjromano Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    I'll have to find the article, but there was a noticeable amount of bets in Vegas for the Pats. I'm thinking a ton of folks this morning are smarting over this one...