1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Tomlin fans ...some perspective before you say how great he is.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Ytownsteeler, Dec 17, 2018.

1. Ytownsteeler

Ytownsteeler Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2015
    I love the win yesterday but if all you Tomlin fans think it wipes away the horrible coaching of the past 7 years ..your crazy. So we beat an aging Patriots team at home when it was win or go home for the playoffs team at home/. Great ...glad we won but we came close to gagging that away and still have not even made the playoffs. If the Raven win at LA chargers, there is a solid chance we all will be free the first week of the playoffs. I posted after the early losses that this is a typical Tomlin team. Undisciplined and inconsistent. We chocked a bye an home field for the playoffs by losing to rotten teams like the Raiders and Broncos. Does anyone really think we are going to Beat the chargers at home ( I think we will) Then go to KC and beat the chiefs ( maybe) and then go to Foxboro ( patriots not losing at Houston)and beat the Patriots( they never lose with their hometown officials) won like 60 of last 63 games there. . . Team and coach threw away any chance at Super Bowl when they laid an egg against West coast teams. Hope I am wrong but that path looks pretty tough. Season will be just like last 7 for my beloved Pittsburgh team and another wasted talent year of Big Ben.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    I hate Tomlin as much as anyone but today isn't the day to be ripping on Tomlin man

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. sjromano

sjromano Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    • Like Like x 2
  4. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    The coaching hasn't been horrible for the past 7 years. So that's not true. Tomlin would had lost his job by now if the coaching was horrible. They've been in the hunt for a championship the past 4 or 5 seasons. Being in the hunt for a championship doesn't happen with horrible coaching. Being in the hunt for a championship is what you hope for as a fan. A championship or two would had been nice but that's not enough for this fan to be disgruntled.

I guess the season is over for some folks. No need for some to waste time watching the games at this point.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    I haven't seen anyone anywhere saying it changes anything? Just people happy that we finally beat the Pats after far too long.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Yawn

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Thigpen82

Oct 17, 2011
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  9. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    Man would Steelers fans freak out if we ever actually had a bad coach.

10. GoalLine

GoalLine

Oct 16, 2011
    Someone tries bringing the rain and I'm all like

raining.gif

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Brandon556211

Brandon556211 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    Not a Tomlin fan but honestly that may have been one of his best days as a Steelers coach.

12. FeedTheMachineFTM

FeedTheMachineFTM Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    I get it ,He slayed the dragon ,but can we be a little honest with ourselves ,This ain't the same ol dragon ,this was a slow ,old ,tired dragon who can't really fly any more ..

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    So true. Since 1969 it has been Noll, Cowher and Tomlin. I don't think any other team has had only 3 in that time frame. Damn shame we only had 2 Championship caliber QB's in that same time.
    Neil O'Donnell and Bubby Brister:)

14. sjromano

sjromano Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    I'm going to take it easy on ol' MT this week. He's earned a bye for me.

However, he still needs to slay that playoff dragon before I'm convinced anything's changed. Let's be totally honest with ourselves - the Pats beat themselves yesterday, with a little help from us.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Steelerssix

Steelerssix Active Member

Aug 12, 2017
    I know a lot of folks will disagree, but I find a lot in your comment to agree with, especially the inability to put away the lousy teams time after time. Let's not forget that the Patriots had what 12 or 13 penalties and several dropped balls. Yeah, I know luck of the draw and it happens to all teams, but with all that going on yesterday they should have buried the Patriots. I don't like the next game going into NO with a hot Brees. And the ravens still in the hunt is a problem.

16. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    This is all hypothetical, but what happens if the Steelers beat the Saints and the Ravens lose to the Chargers this week... and Steelers wrap up the North? Will Tomlin sit Ben, AB, etc.. for the Bengals game? It would be better if the Bengals game had some meaning... and Steelers continue to play starters to avoid the rust we saw last year vs. Jacksonville. But then again... this is the Bengals and Burfict.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    I don't think he will rest any one. Even in that scenario, your still playing for seeding. I'd rather get the 3rd seed and play the 6th seed at home. We would have to win out, and have the Patriots lose once more, of course they got Buffalo and the Jets. I don't have confidence of either teams upsetting the Patriots.

If we get the 4th seed, your either going to have to play either the Chargers or Chiefs, both really good teams which we both lost too.

18. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    Colts and Chargers are both on a hot streak. Chargers look to be slightly better than the Chiefs at this point. Either team will be hard to beat.

Colts actually have a good defense and Andrew Luck has been nearly perfect over the past month. I don't think it matters whether Steelers get 3 or 4 seed. Every team is going to be damn good and it's gonna take 60 minutes of good, mistake-free football to win. This is the strongest the AFC has been in years, IMO.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Against The Rules Against The Rules x 1
  19. Thigpen82

Oct 17, 2011
    You've changed, man. Where has all this "hypothetical winning" come from?

More seriously... I think if we had the division wrapped up, we'd start Dobbs and sit Ben and AB. If Connor is healthy, prob let Samuels start. In that kind of game, the benefits of playing stars (keeping the mojo going) is outweighed by the risks (injuries, introducing bad mojo, increase season fatigue etc.).

20. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    It's something to ponder. Saints could come out flat after a tough MNF game vs. desperate Panthers and Steelers could wipe the floor with them for all we know. It's not very likely, but it could happen. The Bengals scare me, because they would love nothing more to spoil the Steelers playoff chances... by inflicting injuries on key players.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. IZONUFOTO

IZONUFOTO Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    I stopped reading when I saw you misspelled "you're".

22. KMM

KMM Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2018
    Can you imagine how much Tomlin would be getting crucified if the Steelers had played the game the Pats did yesterday?

a) Unprepared - Opponent scored on first drive
    b) No Adjustments - Could never get their best receiver open or targeted on consistent basis. Couldn't stop 3rd string RB from getting 140 yds
    c) No discipline - 14 penalties!

• Agree Agree x 2
  23. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    First place in the division with two games to go and having just knocked off the Pats ... enjoy the moment and on to the next one.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  24. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012

Thank god we got some people on here, that's concerned how others spell. and punctuate....:lolol:

• Like Like x 1
  25. MeanJoeBlue

MeanJoeBlue Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2013
    If they are locked into the 4th seed, it would let the Steelers play Burns in a game where he couldn't hurt the team. I don't see him around when his rookie contract is up, but I can always hope that something finally clicks (so that finding his replacement becomes less urgent).

Definitely sit Ben, if the report about him having cracked ribs is accurate.

• Disagree Disagree x 1