1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

So if Boswell doesn’t hit that 48 yard FG...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steel_ben7, Dec 17, 2018.

1. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    And the Steelers lose to the Pats what in the hell would Mike Tomlin have done about the kicking situation moving forward?? Forbath signed with the Jags this week so he is not available anymore. So what would have been the other options moving forward?? There would have been no way they could have brought Boswell back after being highly responsible for losing another game and completely and totally shanking that 32 yard FG. I still don’t feel good about Boswell at all even after that 48 yard FG.

2. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    That 48 yarder doesn't make up for the fact he completely shanked a 32 yarder earlier.. Still have zero confidence in him making a kick

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

I dont know who they would use as a replacement however The Wizard of Boz better have been fired.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    One kick doesn't mean you can now rely on Boswell. I don't know what you do with him. Maybe you cut him with the idea of bringing him back next year? Can he put on the practice squad? Deactivated? I don't know the rules. I would hate like hell to go into the playoffs <if we make the playoffs> and have to rely on him to hit another field goal. Famous yogi quote that applies - Baseball is 90% mental and the other half is physical. One kick cannot get rid of all the demons running through his mind at this point.

5. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    If Boswell misses that kick and we lose.... he’s unemployed. Simple as that. He needs to continue to make kicks to keep his job. Even if he manages that through the end of the year, there will definitely be camp competition next year

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Even Romo said after he made the second field goal 48 yard, that it meant he will be here next week.

7. Kreighoff

Kreighoff Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2017
    Watching Boz miss all year I noticed most of his misses and even a few that snuck through all have a wicked slice to the right. Then on last nights miss he crosses me up by hitting it dead nuts straight but way right.

What was scary was when they showed the pre game warm up and he was all over he place and visibly pissed at himself.

Hard to tell if its mechanics that have messed him up and now its mental or both.

I hope going forward they all look like the last one and not some of the twisty disasters he has been serving.

8. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I say dump BOZ at end of season and offer a huge 5 year contract to Adam Vinatieri:)

Funny seeing his gray hair on the sideline. Without him factored in the Colts are the youngest team in the NFL. Needless to say he brings that average way down.

9. quark12000

quark12000 Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2015
    Kathy Ireland?

• Like Like x 4
  10. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    One year Gary Anderson (please note this is one Steelers kicker that should of been kept longer) was kicking for the Vikings. They made it to the NFC championship game. He was perfect for the entire season. He then missed a Field Goal that would of sent the vikings to the Super Bowl. Instead the Falcons went (ended up losing to Denver).

For an NFL kicker your only as good as your next kick.

11. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    God she was smoking hot in that Necessary Roughness movie.

12. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Vinatieri has fallen off a bit this year with some misses himself. I think he will retire this year.

13. R2sojr

R2sojr Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2018
    Steelers fans are the only fans that complain when we don’t win and make a thread after a win complaining about what if we didn’t win lol

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  14. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    I've been to other team's boards, and I can say that Steelers fans are definitely not the only fans that do that. ;+)

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    But he did so move on.

16. R2sojr

R2sojr Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2018
    I know it’s just funny. That like saying if Bens TD pass to AB was intercepted what would of happened.

We played horribly for 3 weeks and dominated the Pats. Let’s enjoy this as those types of games are a rarity anymore

• Like Like x 1
  17. Hoot

Hoot Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2018
    I would bet mental. You start overthinking it, over adjusting, pushing too much, etc. Dude is in his own head. Sometimes you just have to close your eyes and be the ball.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Steelers '08

Steelers '08 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2016
    I don’t care that Boswell made that kick as far as that means all is good, because he made one kick. Plus that kick didn’t win the game for us. The score was 17-10. Even if it’s 14-10 they still needed a TD to win.

This is something we need to address this week and as soon as possible this week. I like Boswell, but he’s lost it completely. He’s missed the most field goals in the league and he’s missed the second most extra points in the league. Unacceptable especially if we want to make any kind of playoff run. He needs to go right now.

19. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    So, if the Steelers lose the coin toss and have to kick off then there is no opening TD drive but the Pats march right down the field and score thus causing the Steelers to play from behind while losing the game, does Tomlin get fired?

See how easy that is?

• Like Like x 1
  20. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

Boswell was money last year. He's had a bad season but if you get rid of him who are you going to sign that can get the job done at Heinz field? I'd rather roll with Chris right now. This isn't game 2 of the season.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    The season isn't over yet. The Steelers really can't afford to lose any more games and it is certainly possible he will cost them another one before this is over.

They should have made the move weeks ago. If you don't want to take the cap hit and hope he can fix himself in the offseason, fine. Sign somebody for now and keep Boswell on the roster, but inactive the rest of the way. I hate wasting a spot on a kicker, but they wasted a helmet on a third running back they didn't use the last two weeks. If Conner really is ready to play this week, cut Trey Edmunds and use that roster spot for a kicker who might actually be able to consistently make attempts from under 35 yards.

22. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Even if Boswell missed the 48 yd FG, the Steelers would've still won 14-10 instead of 17-10.

23. Daddymac10

Daddymac10 Well-Known Member

May 1, 2015
    Still can't believe his struggles, cost us at least 3 games this year. This guy was clutch last year. Remember when he was considered part of the killer Bs??

24. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    He certainly cost them a win in the tie against the Browns and at least a shot at overtime against the Raiders, but which is the third?

25. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Out right cutting Boswell is not an option.
    The only option I can see that makes sense is if the Steelers feel they need to make a change then bring in another kicker and put Boswell on IR.