1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Browns fans post game on NFL Network

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by NE Missouri Steeler, Dec 15, 2018.

1. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    It is but the solution is simple, the Steelers need to win more games than the Browns . If they don't, the fans deserve to trash talk. Past super bowls count of course, but winning today is really the only goal .I have zero interest in bragging about past super bowl wins to a team that finishes ahead of us in the standings .

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    I would pump the brakes at that statement. Yes they have some players now and made a great decision in dumping Hue Jackson (and to think their were some who wanted him to be the OC) and making Williams the interim coach in which they have excelled. But it's the clowns. They still don't have a head coach. And if they hire Williams who knows. So lets wait to crown them a contender for years to come.

That being said our Steelers have to make some major changes in this off season. If the same as it ever was trots out there then they are in trouble.

3. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Yeah all five of the inbreeds!!! my dad is my uncle and my mom is my cousin!!!!:brownssuck:

4. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    If the Steelers need some Browns fans to get up for this game then it's already over.

5. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    So your saying there's a chance

6. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Steelers play patsies this week. You are a bit premature. Is that a pattern for you?

• Like Like x 1
  7. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    They have their franchise QB. Baker Mayfield is special. Once you have that guy then everything else becomes much easier.

8. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    I'll reserve that judgment on Mayfield until he plays more than part of a season. He could just as easily follow Johnny football's footsteps or countless other QBs who showed promise and then turned into journeyman backups.

9. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Depending on who the Brown hire, Steelers fans better get use to
    Brown fans, They have talent in place to be very competitive.

10. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    The Browns might be the team that gets us into the playoffs this year, It is quite possible that we need the Browns to beat the Ravens in Baltimore the last game of the season to allow us to win the division. A lot of things need to happen for that to be a possibility but it certainly is a possibility, Why not, the Bengals helped us last year in the final weekend so maybe this year the Browns do the same and knock the Ravens out.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Maybe the Browns can beat the Patriots. I'll never forget....Mangini led Browns wiped the floor with the Patriots in 2010. Next week... Patriots go to Heinz Field and annihilate the Steelers. Browns are rising and Steelers better get their sh!t together quick...or they will be dueling Bengals for bottom of the North.

12. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    They have a 0.09% chance of making the playoffs this season. California might have better odds of falling into the Pacific Ocean.

13. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    We do tend to crown QB's the next great thing a bit to fast. Injuries play a big part. Eagle fans are scared Wentz is going to be injury prone. Mahones and Mayfield will be studied a lot harder this off season and adjustments will be made. I just hope the Steelers can grab the next great thing instead of the long wait from Bradshaw to Ben.

14. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    You mean, like Patriots fans after 2001? Or Seahawk fans after SB 40?

15. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Actually I think it's almost a certainty that it plays out that we need the Browns week 17. Way I see it we lose next 2 while they win today and lose next week thus leaving us needing to beat Bengals while watching scoreboard rooting for Browns. Now it sure would be nice if Tampa Bay shows up and gives them hell today.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    :beg:

17. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    I wouldn't go that far but, somewhere in between...Good young team...Nice QB ( finally I think ) RB...Lots of cap room, and maybe, finally, a competent ciach ( if he's retained ) ...

Can see them being competitive...As in 7-9 wins a year...Maybe even better, who knows...WE, Need to make more moves than them, to keep them in our rear view mirror imo...ESPECIALLY if Ben hangs em up

18. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    I think it's safe to say the browns won't become either the Seahawks or patriots lol

19. Jares

Jares Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2016
    At least Browns fans have something to be optimistic about right now. The Browns are playing much better than we are right now. The Browns fans just need to get used to having something to cheer about and maybe they'll get classier. They've got excitement and momentum. We've got nothing but a 3 game losing streak that could reach 5 before it ends.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Johnny's problem wasnt that he couldn't play. His problem was he wanted to be a celebrity more than a football player.

21. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I read this book a few years ago when the Browns were having a decent season by their standards.
    Their fans were yapping and people here were jumping on the bandwagon.
    Until the Browns put together a few good seasons they’re not getting any respect from me.

22. Junebug

Junebug Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2018
    I can tell there are a lot of younger fans on here. I can remember when the Browns were an elite team, and the Steelers were a pitiful joke. The Steelers were horrendous for a long time, youngsters, and the Browns do have a great history. The Steelers during the '60's were as bad as the Browns have been recently.......

"From 1963, the next few years were total disasters for the Steelers. Another 1,000-yard season for John Henry Johnson was the only bright spot in a lackluster 1964 season that ended in a 5–9 record. Another retirement stung the team, this one of coach Buddy Parker. The wheels totally fell off in 1965, when the team finished at a league-worst 2–12. Over the next four years, the Steelers never finished higher than 5–8–1 (1966), with the team using eight quarterbacks between 1965 and 1969."
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Pittsburgh_Steelers#The_1960s

I remember that ^^^^ Things go in cycles. The Browns weren't always bad, and the Steelers weren't always good. I remember the epic battles between the Browns and the Steelers in the '70's. The Steeler/Brown rivalry was once voted the greatest rivalry in all of sports. I miss those days. To think the Browns are always going to be a bad team, you're crazy. Heck, they're not a bad team right now!

I think the Steelers are looking at mediocrity for a few years. Here's what I see in the not too distant future-I think Ben will be retiring, and things in shambles until we replace him and get a new coach. I'd be careful about bashing the Browns, we may be headed right where they're just now climbing out from.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 2
  23. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    We'll see. They look pretty good now.