1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Answer this question for me for all you Tomlin haters.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by dominilate, Dec 9, 2018.

1. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I've read on this site many times that the front office picks Tomlin's coaching staff, he has no say in the matter. So which is it?

2. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I doubt any members of the site actually know how that works.

If it is Tomlin's decision, that should be taken out of his hands. Butler should be fired immediately. If they want to wait for the offseason, fine, but no way should he be back in 2019. The same is true for Smith.

3. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012

If this is true, Then i truely believe Tomlin lost the lockerroom ..( tho i dont think he ever had it )

4. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Munch turned down an interview last off season, I bet he will be offered more this year, too. I think he'd be a fine candidate. Players respect him, he's meticulous and detailed oriented, has a mean streak in him and gets the most out of whatever talent you give him.

If by some miracle the Rooneys did let Tomlin go, I would hope Munch would be among the people they consider for the job. They should search long and hard though. I don't think they looked very hard the last time, some in house candidates and then ultimately Tomlin.

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    The speculation was from analysts, not players, so it really has nothing to do with losing the locker room.

6. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I think they went in believing it would be Grimm or Whisenhunt and Tomlin blew them away in the interview.

I also don't think we have good reason to criticize the hire. Tomlin has had a great deal of success. He led the team to one Super Bowl victory and another appearance. He has the team in contention just about every year. He is a good coach. I'm not saying otherwise. I think he was a good hire, but it's time to move on.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Yeah but some of these games the offense puts up enough points to win, the sorry ass defense can't hold a lead. They shouldn't be giving up 24 points to the Raiders :shrug:.

8. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    The Raiders aren't bad offensively. Sure, the defense folded badly in the fourth quarter, but the offense is the stronger part of Oakland's team. The Raiders did just score 30 the previous week against the Chiefs, the likely top seed in the AFC.

The way you beat the Raiders is by lighting up that terrible excuse for a defense. The Steelers were on the way to doing that when Roethlisberger was playing. He was in there for six drives. The Steelers scored touchdowns on three of them and got into field goal position on two others.

The real issue is the Steelers giving away four drives in the second half by using Dobbs.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. chris2fer

chris2fer Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2016
    Hire Pete Carroll and get on with it. This is ridiculous the Raiders were penalized what 200 yards? Most fans could pick better draft picks Burns should be selling popcorn , no inside linebacker.No clock management skills. If Tomlin had what’s left of Carroll’s roster he would have no wins.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Pete Carroll? Isn’t he under contract in Seattle?

11. SteelersFanFromTX

SteelersFanFromTX

Jan 1, 2012
    Kris Richard is a younger guy with lots of passion, discipline and accountability. Look what he has done for the Cowboys D in his first year as their DB coach and defensive play caller. He also played a huge role in the creation of the Legion of Boom in Seattle before it was dismantled. I live here in Cowboy country, and this guy is legit. Tell me this guy wouldn't light a fire under the players' arses.

• Like Like x 2
  12. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    I believe that in the beginning Tomlin was limited in what changes he could make to the staff. Tomlin was taking over a veteran team, with Super Bowl potential, and I believe the Rooney's wanted keep Lebeau and Arians because that gave the team the best chance to win.

All that being said, I do not see Art II as a meddling owner. I believe that Tomlin now has full control over his staff, and most likely has had full control for sometime. If Tomlin wanted to make coaching staff changes, there would be changes. I highly doubt Tomlin wants to make staff changes and is being told no.

Just my two cents. Like you said, none of us know for sure.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 2
  13. Sun & Steel

Sun & Steel Active Member

Sep 6, 2017
    Nah bruv we don't want a lateral movement...go for a meatball sub. That will be an upgrade over both and take the Steel nation back to the homeland. And just to ensure its success lets add 4 different types of cheeses. I'm not taking the piss anymore with this rubbish!:herewego:

MvCarthy is a worse coach than Tomlin. Bloke had one of the greatest QBs of all time, carrying him and his offense, which is the only reason he lasted as long as he did. If MM didn't have Erin Rodgers he would have never won his lone Superbowl or lasted a quarter as long as he had Turd Bay.

14. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Excellent post and spot on.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    I see Munch as coordinator but not a legit HC candidate. His track record as HC was pretty underwhelming.

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Davis always gets there late and when he's actually on time he's hitting our own guys or dropping INTs. The entire secondary minus Haden has zero ball skills and even he seems to be regressing.
    Speaking of regressing....has anyone outside of Hargrave and Watt actually show signs of improving. Everyone else on D seems to be getting worse ,you name them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Listening to Savran on the way home he said that he felt Mr Rooney would mandate changes to the coaching staff this offseason. To me that sounds like Tomlin has his say and that he will be mandated by ownership to make the changes.

18. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

who the f is erin rodgers?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  19. TomlinSux

TomlinSux Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Yep...apparently he baffled them all with psycho-babble BS, but that ship as now sailed and shouldn’t come back. The standard should not be the standard anymore.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    It's fun to imagine but won't happen :(

21. chris2fer

chris2fer Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2016
    Yes might have to wait idk if you could buy his contract or not but he does a lot with much less his best receiver is Lockett? Lol.

22. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I wouldn’t take the information on this site as the gospel truth. Just saying.

23. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    That was the point of my post.;+)

24. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011

Scott Frost.

25. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    How can a team be unprepared and undisciplined consistently but win games because of superior talent? Why don't they win more if they win because of superior talent?

The fact that the team was usually in close games shows they were prepared.

People are also wrong when they believe the Steelers have superior talent when in comparison to the other teams in the league.

The fact that other teams can compete with and win vs the Steelers proves that the Steelers are not superior. Especially when you consider the mistakes the players make on the field.

Ultimately players win and lose games in the NFL.

• Disagree Disagree x 1