1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Going 2-1 these last 3 will be good enough to make the playoffs.,,

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steel_ben7, Dec 12, 2018.

1. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    ... and then one and done again. Steelers are not good enough to win a playoff game. Ravens have a better defense. Ravens would have a better chance of winning a home playoff game, if they won the North.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    I like the colts at home after what they just did to Houston. Andrew luck is playing on another level right now.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    colts defense playing well too

4. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Yupp they got a solid young team and frank Reich is proving to be a very good coach. Philly is missing him right now I know they are wishing josh McDaniels didnt back out of the ne job. I wouldnt be shocked if the colts made a run in the playoffs.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    I honestly wouldnt be shocked if they went to NE or Houston and upset them. They still play tough and physical defense. They also run the ball in nearly upset KC at home if not for the greatness of mahomes. Funny how ray has been retired for years and his mystique and persona is still looming over the franchise.

6. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012

Yeah right I can't stop laughing either. Could you imagine if that happened, Tomlin would go from "fire that man" to " coach of the year"
    especially if them two wins were against the Pats and Saints.........:eek::eek::eek:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  7. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    everyone was talking about chiefs rams saints as the juggernaughts but its the others that will make the most noise. titans, colts, bears, cowboys, seahawks, even chargers lol.

8. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Please please please do me a favor bring a sign that reads, Dear Rooney's all I want for xmas is another Head Coach!!!!!! This way when we are down by 35 in the middle of the 2nd cause we are bringing the usual 2 man rush vs Brady you can hold the sign up!!!!!!!

9. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Of course Im hoping that happens but I think you'd just see more of the same next year. I really am buying in now that the man is arrogant. He's going to keep doing what he does.

Although, they could lose out and we probably will see no changes anyway. :maintete:

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    All you need to know about Sunday's game against the Pats is that in last year's close December game, some guy named Bell had over 160 all purpose yards which was the difference until the 4th Qtr when this D showed previews of coming attractions for 2018. :facepalm:

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    No camera's up in section 528, just crows.

12. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Out of the big 3 I think the most likely to fall is LA. Now I could be wrong because they have 2 of the maybe 5 best players in all of football in Gurley and Donald. Both are capable of making plays that could take them home. But mcvay is getting too cute and trying to prove that Goff is elite. He's been abandoning the run.

I love the bears defense. Very good and if they had home field man they would be tough. I do not think they can go on the road with trubisky and win. And they do have some playmakers but not on the level of Dallas. Both cooper and Zeke are elite game changing players. I think Dallas has an excellent chance to actually win it all better than any non high seed team in both conferences. Best defense, very good offensive line, and elite playmakers on offense. And a not great but good enough qb with right pieces to win. They have the tools to win at home or on the road and they are getting hot at the right time. Seattle i have in the boat with Dallas and they have an actual top 5 qb.

I think either the chiefs,saints, rams, cowboys, chargers, texans, seahawks, colts or Pats all have a chance to win it. This should be a very good playoffs much better than the last few years.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    Yep spot on

14. Jay31

Jay31 Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Steelers better treat each of the remaining 3 games like it's their last chance to make the playoffs.

15. PDXSteelers

PDXSteelers Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I am still hoping for a miraculous turnaround, but I am not sure how the Steelers will stop Gronkowski.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    The saddest thing is he is a shell of himself and he will still light up this defense.

17. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    They were supposed to treat last weeks game like that until the HC decided he was gonna treat it more like a preseason game. They knew the schedule coming up. They knew they struggle in Oakland. What do they do they come out start the game by giving up one of the easiest TD drives I've ever seen. They continue to flub their way through the game. HC decides he doesn't need his QB. They give up two 75yd TD drives in the 4th quarter and then the HC decides he'd rather save his TOs like a doomsday prepper saves canned goods...You'd think they would be mad and prepared after the Denver loss...couldn't tell. You'd think they'd be even more upset and prepared for the Chargers....couldn't tell. Certainly after this past week they gotta be fuming and come out guns blazing. They have a very small chance of winning this game. That's if they play their most complete game of the year. I have a bad feeling though if things start to go bad. It's gonna get ugly. This team will fold like a cheap suit and their HC will be in full deer in the headlights mode.....

Yeah I'd say they better treat each of the remaining games like its thei last chance too.....because it is.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    You mean like Grampa Gates?

19. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    When Gronkowski goes to the HOF, 90% of his highlight reel will be vs. Steelers. :facepalm:

20. NDsteelerfan

NDsteelerfan Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    there is a scenerio out there wich has the browns in the playoffs. they could come out of nowhere and get in as a 6, or possibly even win the division. at this point, i wouldnt rule it out.

21. NDsteelerfan

NDsteelerfan Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    i just double checked the browns winning the division scenerio....it is actually pretty plausible. :facepalm:

22. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Well aren't you a ray of sunshine lol. Yeah I am rooting as well but I am just being realistic. I hope your wrong on the part of him being arrogant cause I am not sure I can handle another season of this.....

• Like Like x 1
  23. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011

Browns need to win out and go 8-7-1
    Steelers need to lose 3 and go 7-8-1
    Balt needs to lose to TB or LA Chargers, and with a lose to Cle will be no better than 8-8

This happens in 3 of 256 possible scenarios, So plausible perhaps, but still around a 1% chance.

24. Jay31

Jay31 Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    The bad thing about the past 3 games is that they lost them in 3 different ways. They lost by an interception thrown in the red zone with a chance to take the lead. They lost a game when they were up by 16 points at home. And they lost by giving up a touchdown on 4th down in the red zone with under 1 minute left in the game. It's a damn shame.

25. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    A bad team finds ways to lose and that's exactly what they're doing right now....

• Agree Agree x 1