1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Going 2-1 these last 3 will be good enough to make the playoffs.,,

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steel_ben7, Dec 12, 2018.

1. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    As the 6 seed in the AFC worst case scenario even if the Ravens somehow go 3-0 and finish 10-6 and win the division. The 3 teams in the AFC right now that are 7-6 Indy,Miami and Tennessee I think all will at least lose 1 game looking at their schedules and all will finish at 9-7. Miami plays At the Vikings, home to the Jags, and at Buffalo. The Colts play the Cowboys and Giants at home and then finish at Tennessee. And the Titans play at the Giants, the Redskins at home, and Indy at home. So their is a good chance all 3 of those teams looking at each of their schedules all finish at 9-7 so if the Steelers go 2-1 these last 3 games and go 9-6-1 worst case scenario that should be good enough to be the 6 seed and get in the playoffs.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    2-1 with Patriots and Saints on deck? :lolol:

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. blackNgold

blackNgold Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2014
    I say we beat the saints and patriots. Ravens lose one to either Bucs or Chargers.

We rest against the bengals.

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Don't discount the Browns. They aren't the old lay me down they used to be. Gregg Williams has them playing like he wants to be the coach of that team. Ravens finish against the Browns.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    If by some miracle the Steelers beat the Patriots and Saints in the next 2 weeks... this will be the most impressive back-to-back regular season wins since '04 when the Steelers beat two undefeated teams, Patriots and Eagles in consecutive weeks. I don't see it happening.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    They only time I ever saw Tom Brady play in person I was a college freshman and I was at the 04 game Ben's Rookie year. It was only the 2nd time I ever went to a Steelers game and it was the 1st Steelers win I ever saw in person.

I've missed every other game he's ever played at Heinz Field.

Your in luck that I will be in attendance Sunday. LOL

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    of course nobody does, which would make it more exciting lol.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I give them zero chance of beating the Saints, thats a loss.

So 1 victory against the Bengals, that's doable and need a win against a team that routinely shreds this pitiful secondary. Meaning the Steelers have to outscore them with no running attack and a less than 100% Ben. Good luck.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    I wouldn’t say they have zero chance of beating the Saints that’s a bit of a stretch. As I pointed out in another thread the Saints have to play Monday night in Carolina this week then turn right back around and prepare for a Steelers team 5 days later that is going to be desperate for a win fighting for a division title or playoff spot. So it’s not gonna just be an automatic Brees shows up for the Saints in the dome with his offense and they shred the Steelers type of game and beat the Steelers by 20-30 points. It will be a tough game for the Saints to win against the Steelers I believe. They aren’t just gonna show up and automatically beat the Steelers like so many people keep guaranteeing they will.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I know, any given Sunday but it’s a terrible matchup. How will they stop Brees, Thomas, Kamara, Ingram, Watson? Saints defense is better than ours. I’m about as positive a board member there is but this is a loss. I’ll be happy to eat crow if I’m wrong.

• Like Like x 1
  11. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    If they can't respond after the debacle in Oakland at home against a team that is impossible to overlook. They won't stand a chance in NO....

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    THIS week...Will say all we need to know about this team and Tomlin...* Obviously ( I love saying that ) They have to / should come out with their hair on fire...

Tomlin/ Coaches in trouble
    Players ( Boz ) others
    And most importantly, See what kind of heart this team has...Lost 3 in a row, which we could have actually won all 3...

But shoulder woulda coulda...Now the rubber meets the road...This is it...No more " Get em next weeks " This is it...

I'm actually excited...Excited because I think, one way or the other...These next 3 weeks will dictate the whole make up/ direction of the team...

Win, play well, or get in the playoffs...Same ole same ole, other than some tweaks...maybe a little more splash in the offseason with Bells money...

Lose, play like ****, or melt down..." Could " I would hope so...Be major changes...From players, to coaching staff, maybe even Tomlin

13. LoneGranger

LoneGranger Well-Known Member

May 5, 2016
    Who cares if the make the playoffs? They will be pound into the turf in the first game. But don't be concerned. They have no hope of making the playoffs.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    The part that's worrisome is that even if they come out and play with their hair on fire. Do you have any confidence in this coaching staff to hold up their end of the bargain? We can play very well and still lose in the end. We've seen it so many times before against lesser teams. I know it's cliche that you have to play 60 minutes but this time against this team it's a reality. 59m 59sec might not get it done.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    2-1 will very likely get the Steelers in. I doubt that the Ravens win out, and unless they do, 2-1 gets the Steelers the division.

And then, even if Balt should sweep, for the 9-6-1 Steelers to miss the last WC at least one of 7-6 teams (Indy, TN and Mia) would have to win their last 3. And Indy and TN play each other. I'd guess that if they get to 9-6-1, the Steelers would have about a 90% chance of making the playoffs.

The trick is beating Brady or Brees and getting to 9-6-1.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. MeanJoeBlue

MeanJoeBlue Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2013
    For passing defense, the Saints are 28th in the league with 7.0 net yards/attempt.

17. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Saints are playing better defense right now. They haven't given up more than 17 points in any of the last 5 games. Held Dallas to 13 points and Eagles to 7 points.

The defense makes plays when they need one. If the hope is to outscore them, their defense will rise to the occasion before ours.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    The dead will rise before our D yet Tomlin keeps relying on them like he always does to get stops when they never do.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  19. Spock

Spock Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2015
    I believe 2 and 1 with a loss at New Orleans. The Ravens will sweep and Pittsburgh gets the 6th seed. Houston will get the three seed and fall to NE in pitiful fashion during round two. Baltimore or Pittsburgh will knock off KC in round two and the Pats waltz again to the super bowl.

20. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    With our secondary and also with how bad we have been on the road we arent beating them. Brees will probably have his best game of the season that game.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  21. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    I see the colts getting in over bmore if they are the 6th seed. I dont see them losing another game including dallas.

22. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    dallas will beat them although they have the division locked up so maybe not

23. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I think the Ravens have 2 home games left as we do but on paper their opponents are easier. I think we both suck and both go 1-2 and we win AFC North by default.

24. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Plus we have our coaching staff to game plan. OMG

25. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    And how well did we do against the Raiders 31st rushing defense? The goal of getting into the playoffs is about like climbing Mt. Everest barefooted. Lets see what we do against the Pats in desperation mode. I doubt we can get by Bungles with their back up qb, at home, as we possible end the season losing 6 straight. This game against the Pats is a must win or we fall behind the Rats, unthinkable only a few weeks ago.