1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Season Over?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelers '08, Dec 9, 2018.

1. BehindEnemyLines

BehindEnemyLines Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2017
    Wow, as the saying goes, “When you’ve lost Blast, you’ve lost Steeler Nation”.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    Dont forget the fact that NE still needs to win 1 more game to win their division, we are next up to give them their division title, I just feel they will come here ready to get that win to vindicate that freak loss in miami, we need to have a perfect game to stop them but this team and a perfect game in the same sentence is nonsensical..............

3. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Correct. Thought there was a win separating those two losses. Thats even bleaker IMO, them doing it twice in the same season. They clearly are not the same dominating team they've been but I just don't see them losing again next week. Steelers offense will need to be perfect to outscore them because this defense sure isn't going to stop Brady.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Would be the 3rd time Steelers have lost 4 in a row under tomlin, and he has never lost 5 in a row but that might change this season lol

5. sjromano

sjromano Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    What I saw yesterday was a team in disarray, one that has no backup plan should the catalyst for our offense go down - a vision of our near future. That is, until Sandlot Superman showed back up. And then we marched right down the field like we were playing a JV team and scored an easy 6. It's what has been said on here previously - talent has been carrying this team for some time. But to say Ben is over the hill or done - you obviously were watching a different game than I was.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. sjromano

Nov 3, 2011
    The problem lies in the fact that with this team, NE doesn't need to be dominant. Our coaching gaffes, mis-(lack of)preparation will bring NE their division title.

7. Sojourner

Sojourner Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2015
    Dilly Dilly!

Er..Dilly Dilly?

Dilly...oh crap.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Sad but true.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Between Patriots and Saints, we will win one of them, and it will come down to Bengals game to get in.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2018
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  10. Junebug

Junebug Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2018
    Didn't say Ben was "done". I said he's going to need to be replaced soon. You all seem to think he can play forever. I don't think his heart is in it anymore. Personally, I think his hanging on too long will damage his career. People are very much into the " what have you done for me lately " mode. I don't want to see him drag his playing days out to where the QB he used to be is forgotten. If you all think Ben will still be bringing us a "come from behind" win in the last quarter five years from now, you're crazy.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2018
  11. sjromano

Nov 3, 2011
    Ok, I stand corrected on the 'done' part. But you did say OLD (in caps). Ok, after seeing that drive late yesterday, I'd rather have that OLD QB starting for the foreseeable future than any other on our roster.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    to be fair i think mason will be better than dobbs. Dobbs is horrendous

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. sjromano

Nov 3, 2011
    Won't disagree - but he hasn't shown us anything yet. Which is why I say "foreseeable future".

To be fair to Dobbs, yeah, he hasn't been playing consistently (at all) but he didn't impress me as the 3Q progressed. Didn't appear to have much pocket awareness, relies too much on his legs, etc. That can be taught though. But he's not the answer this season, nor next. Unless, of course, everyone wants a trip back to the 80's.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    you either have it or don't. Dobbs doesnt have it. Jury is out on rudolph

15. sjromano

Nov 3, 2011
    I never could see what they see in Dobbs, but I'm also not a scout. I'm holding out hope for Rudolph though, they talked him up as being "Ben-like", which could be a good thing?

• Like Like x 1
  16. Drumhound

Drumhound New Member

Dec 10, 2018

17. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    Ben is amazing but has a ton of WTF moments. Factor in a defense that can't get a stop with the game on the line and Tomlin's decisions and you have a disaster lol

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Drumhound

Drumhound New Member

Dec 10, 2018
    After being a Steelers fan for 45 years, I'm finally as mad as I can be! When playing the worst team in the league, and every other team that we needed to lose did so, we find a way to be worse than the worst team in the league and let the Ravens back in. They start out awful, get our hopes up with consecutive wins, then look worse than ever. It's like they are trying to cut our hearts out. I'm rooting for the Chiefs the rest of the year. At least they are trying. And yes, the Steelers are done and will be as long as Tomlin is coaching.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I’m actually hoping it comes down to the Bengals game for two reasons.

1) We are better when we keep playing hard every week. Bye weeks and games that don’t count kill us.

2) I have 4 tickets for the Bengals game, taking 3 buddies, and I would been bummed if I had paid for an exhibition game.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    The season is over for Reggie Mckinzie The Raiders just fired him....lol

21. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    If we lose to NE, our chances of making the playoffs drops to 40%.

And my chances of asking for your tickets rises to 75%.
    :hehehe:

22. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Hater :lolol:

Bet you liked him earlier in the year when he came in and got a crucial first down when they were backed up at their own end zone. Audible out of a run and made the play.

Reaching a final conclusion based on 9 pass attempts yesterday is a little absurd.

Having said that, I think Mason is the future of this team.

23. rocketdog

rocketdog Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2016
    Our defense sucks mainly because we cannot get any pressure on the opposing QB. Except for Watt, our D line sucks almost as bad as our linebackers. You have to get Brady out of that pocket by pressure up the middle. Good luck with that.