1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Chris Boswell????????

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Jay31, Dec 10, 2018.

1. Jay31

Jay31 Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    I miss the days when the Steelers had Jeff Reed and Shaun Suisham as their kickers. Chris Boswell has been so inconsistent this year. And him slipping on that field goal attempt was just annoying. Chris Boswell, come on man. Lmao

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. FeedTheMachineFTM

FeedTheMachineFTM Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    I get all the hate for Boz,but he has won us many games in the past..
    This game is not on him,I'm sorry but the Raiders gifted us so many penalties and were trying to hand us the game but we couldn't beat down a 2-10 dumpster fire team,SMH .
    Its this team,this Offense is far to talented to not be in a victory formation at the end of games vs relying on a FG to send it to OT or eek by win .
    Look ,the D is the D ,its Butlers doing ,but this offense is so disappointing ,its mind boggling at times how we can't move the ball and score 30+ every game

• Agree Agree x 6
  3. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    our O line as good as they are just can't run block the big boys. Never could

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Actually, yes, the game is on Boswell. He missed a 39-yarder in the second quarter and the one at the end. He has been absolutely horrid this season. He should have been replaced weeks ago. Yes, he was great last year and he had been very good before that, but clearly he has lost it. Kicking is almost entirely mental and he is a mess right now. Extension or no, it's past time to move on.

That doesn't mean he is the only one to blame for the loss. It took a team effort to blow a game against the Raiders. Mike Tomlin is the primary culprit for sitting Roethlisberger so long. The defense also deserves a big part of the blame, especially whoever it was who lost the receiver on the game-winning touchdown. I think it was Hilton, but I need to see find a better replay. Somebody had tight coverage, then they disappear off frame and into the end zone. Suddenly you see the guy wide open. The Steelers had three defenders in the area for two receivers and some defender inexplicably left his man. There was nothing the guy did to get open. It was just sloppy play by the secondary.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Brandon556211

Brandon556211 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    put him on the same boat as Artie Burns and send them down the Ohio River with no paddle

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. Jay31

Jay31 Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Chris Boswell is 10 for 16 in field goals this season. But one of those missed field goals was from 39 yards. Which was against the Raiders yesterday. And he has missed 5 extra point attempts this season. That is a lot of misses for an extra point attempt. He has been inconsistent.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2018
  7. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    The past is irrelevant. The loss isn't solely on Boswell, it's on the whole team and the entire coaching staff. With that said, if the team puts the kicker in a position to win the game, then I expect him to do his job. He is the worst in the league when it comes to doing the only thing asked of him. That's simply not okay. He needs to be better or needs to be replaced. Unfortunately Colbert paid a lot of money to a kicker, something that is beyond stupid, so we're probably stuck with him.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. knab70

knab70 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2012
    I'm seeing a trend with Boswell and i don't like it. :butcher:

9. jrompola

jrompola Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Be better? He's had 13 games to be better and he's cost at least 3 games with his poor kicking. I know I know the team lost, but he is part of the team and in terms of each 1 of the 53s contribution to the lost he's been the leader. I watched the game late last night on nfl gamepass and when it was 24-21 with 20 seconds left I somehow thought to myself watch they will get it in FG position and bc of tomlin's boneheaded clock mgt boswell will be put in yet another situation to miss

10. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    These Boswell threads are almost as annoying as the bell ones lol. But yea he's damaged goods now. Then after the game he sounded like he just didn't even give a f***.. He's like yea I think slipped a lil idk.. Get the eff outta here u chris Mueller look a like

11. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    I'm not sure what has happened he went from automatic to missing a ton. Is the contract? I don't know?
    But, Steelers have themselves in a pickle because there isn't much you can do other than cut him, and eat a ton of cap money.

Then who knows what your getting with the next guy coming in.

12. sjromano

sjromano Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    What I want to know is this... Boz spends, what... 95% of the game on the sidelines? Everyone in America saw that the field conditions called for different cleats. Why didn't he change his along with the rest of the team? Or is he just that bumble-footed and can't plant in any type of cleat?

• Like Like x 1
  13. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    he's already hitting scobee numbers lol

14. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I was at the HOF Game and Suisham got hurt right in front of me. So sad his career ended on a special teams tackle in preseason.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 2
  15. blake duerden

blake duerden Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2017
    His past was great til he got paid and slipped. I couldnt even laugh, the team gave him the best opportunity for a must win game. U get paid to wear the proper shoes soo put them on.

16. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    You would have thought they would make sure Boswell had the proper cleats after the issues everybody else was having in the first quarter. That said, maybe they are kicking for the win there if he doesn't miss the 39-yarder in the second quarter. He is a disaster and he needs to go.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Hearts / Steelers

Hearts / Steelers Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2018
    He's been nothing but consistent ....... consistently ****! I wish he was the only one of which this could be said.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2018
  18. BK99

BK99 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Perhaps the change in the holder is hurting him? I remember Suisham saying he was good with the Steelers because his issues with other teams was the holder. He went on to say that some holders just don't worry about the lean or the laces and most kickers hit the ball with their instep and it causes the ball to spin as well as rotate.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    So far I would say BoZ hasn't cost us games per say. But I think this game he did.

He has got to go IMHO.

In other news, if the Brown had a competent kicker all year they would actually have the lead in the division right now. Food for thought.

20. Ben There

Ben There Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    kicker.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  21. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    To be fair, Boswell had a shot to beat the Browns in the opener before the Browns had the potential winning field goal blocked at the end of overtime.

To my thinking, the 2017 version of Boswell would have the Steelers at 9-4 right now. If he does his job, they win rather than tie in the opener and they probably win yesterday, too.

22. niterider

niterider Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2012
    Calling him inconsistent is not even close.

23. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    How about Mueller’s partner in the afternoon on the fan Filiponi also known as Pitt Bayliss has predicted every Steelers game wrong on twitter the last 6 weeks completely and totally wrong.

24. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    He predicts everything wrong.. He could predict a meteor won't hit earth today which will make me pack 2 weeks worth of food and head to the storm cellar

25. FeedTheMachineFTM

FeedTheMachineFTM Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    We were 13-3 last year,,its the team,its the way the team is being coached(lack thereof actually) run,its attitude ,all of it
    This team has gone nowhere and done nothing for 9 years.Give this talent to almost any other HC and it would be different.