1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Last Time a Steelers Head Coach Was Fired..

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelers89, Dec 7, 2018.

1. TheMatrixHasYou

TheMatrixHasYou Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2018
    Okay, so, we have some Patriots fans here pretending to be Steeler fans. No wonder there is so much Steeler hate here.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Oh don't even go there. Words can't describe how much I hate that team. But you can't argue the fact that Belicheck finds a way to get his team to the championship many times with average players. What's Tomlin's excuse?

3. TheMatrixHasYou

Mar 6, 2018
    Tom Brady and Gronkowski are average players?

You may have fooled yourself into believing that you are a Steeler fan but if all you do is hate on the Steelers and you love everything the Patriots do, then you're a Patriots fan.

4. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    That's two players, how do you explain the rest? On any other team Edelman is as average a receiver as they come.

And ok that makes total sense. To be a "true" Steelers fan you have to have blinders on and ignore the reality all around you. Never criticize because the Steeler way should never be questioned. Meanwhile keep wasting a franchise QBs career to prove a point.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. TheMatrixHasYou

Mar 6, 2018
    Many years ago I was passing through Boston two days before the Steelers were going to play the Patriots in the AFC Championship game. We all went out to eat at this bar/restaurant.

The bartender was talking with some of the guys at the bar, Patriots fans. He was going on and on, putting down the Steelers and Big Ben. I kept quiet at my table and just ate and yes, the Patriots ended up winning that game. You sound just like that bartender.

Sometimes you have to support your team even when you don't agree with every thing they do, even when they are down, but I guess some of you just don't see it that way.

6. TheMatrixHasYou

Mar 6, 2018
    Right, you absolutely hate the Steelers.

Got it.

7. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    More like you don't believe in logic and reason.

You really have no grasp over what myself and others are saying. So I guess I'm done here.

8. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    Just so everyone knows the rules from now on. I guess if you state facts about the Patriots, that automatically makes you a fan of theirs.

9. TheMatrixHasYou

Mar 6, 2018
    If it walks like a Patriots fan, talks like a Patriots fan, and acts like a Patriots fan, it's a Patriots fan.

10. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    So we cant say Butler inherited Dicks team lol

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  11. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    you can blame tomlin but there is more then enough blame to go around.. I blame some of this on the Rooneys and their inability to make sound decisions that is against the way they typically run this organization. Sweeping in change may be need but you wont see it in Pittsburgh

12. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    Sure but I think that is equally true of the man in charge of the offense, Ben. When we struggle Ben almost always has a part in it. If we are going to give Ben the credit for wins (a lot of people on here seem to think Tomlin has done nothing but ride Ben's coattails) then he deserves the blame for losses.

13. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    There sure is but it starts at the top and that is the coach. I am not sure what you mean about the Rooney's but hard to blame them when they pretty much let the football people do the football things.

14. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    True and I have said many times we live and die as Ben plays. But I will say this Tomlin was hired as a defensive guy and what is our team known for right now....offense. To me that says a lot, MT needs to step it up on the other side of the ball.

15. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Don't worry about it. You're entitled to your opinion and your own thoughts. The you're not a true fan is the weakest **** ever. Share your thoughts. That's why we're here. They don't like it tough ****.

16. TheMatrixHasYou

Mar 6, 2018
    What part of Boston are you from?

17. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Sorry.... maybe if I list all the memorabilia that I own and I hop in my car to go to a bar and watch when I can watch at home instead . Maybe then and only then I can receive the recognition of being a true fan. I'll be waiting anxiously for your endorsement........not.

18. TheMatrixHasYou

Mar 6, 2018
    So, to you, supporting the team means having some memorabilia?

If you have a Steely McBeam doll then you can constantly hate on the team all you want?

19. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    It's called sarcasm. Obviously my memory is better than yours. In a previous post you seemed to justify your "real fan" status by explaining the Steeler gear you have and the fact you drive 35 minutes to watch the game. It doesn't matter I just don't understand you "real fan" judges. People can think and say and root for their team in any way the choose. Doesn't make them any less a fan just like the way you choose to root doesn't makes you a homer or a black and gold glasses wearer. Too each his own is all I'm saying and it's weak to judge.....

20. TheMatrixHasYou

Mar 6, 2018
    I'm not a real fan. I've never been to Pittsburgh, never been to a Steeler's game in any city. I prefer to watch the games on tv.

It's weak to judge? But you just judged me... I guess it's weak to point out when someone hates on their team when that's all they have left.

People who come from dysfunctional families often associatte constant criticism with "liking" something or someone since that's what they were taught. I've never understood why they always choose to be just like their parents. You would think they would choose to be different but they don't.

21. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    How did I judge you? You consider it hating when in fact it's just someone's opinion that they are completely entitled too. Please stop with the psychoanalysis BS its tiresome and judgemental. You don't know anything about anyone here to be passing judgement on how big of a fan they are.

22. bobby

bobby Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2015
    I'm hoping we are all steeler fans here But just for the ones that make themself feel better by saying who is and isn't fans tell me how some other teams with no where close to as much talent as the Steelers have win big games,destroy teams they should , make adjustments and control there players?

I'm betting they all have great coaches. After the embarrassment of sunday night when everyone from commentators to even players and coaches of the chargers couldn't understand why they kept a lb. On a wr the entire game. Great coaches wouldn't let that happen its call halftime adjustments and that's something Tomlin has never done

23. TheMatrixHasYou

Mar 6, 2018
    Hate is an intense dislike for something. Constantly disliking the team is hate.

You have a right to hate the team. That is your opinion but others, ones who actually like the team, also have a right to disagree with you and point out that you are a hater.

I didn't say you weren't a true fan. I think you love to hate on the team because that's what you were taught and it makes you feel good about yourself. You are much smarter than the Pittsburgh Steelers. Please tell us all what we should do since you are the only one who knows.

What's the weather like there in Boston?

24. TheMatrixHasYou

Mar 6, 2018

So, to you, someone who only hates on the team is a fan?

Tomlin is not a great coach but he's our coach. I understand if you can't support that. If you can't get your way with your sports team then why support them at all? I mean, they had better listen to you because you bought one of their jerseys.

25. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Well since you are gonna continue to ASSume you know anything about me and how I was taught and how it makes me feel about myself. Let me give you my psychoanalysis of you. You are a jackass.
    How's the weather in Boston? I don't know I'm in NY but it can look it up for you if you're incapable,which you must be because you keep asking. Tell me how's the weather in The Matrix because " judging" by how you can't grasp concepts in reality. You are clearly stuck there...

I've already wasted enough of my time trying to reason with a "expert " on human behavior. Not to mention the fact that you decided to butt in on a comment I made that wasn't addressed to you. I was just reassuring another valued member of this board that no matter what the " criticism haters" have to say . He's entitled to his opinion and he doesn't need the be endorsed by someone like you.

I'm done with you....I'd get further talking to a wall. Tell Neo I said hello....