1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Injury Report

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by MattyMo9, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Your claim that you know he has a high ankle sprain is false, too, but that doesn't stop you from repeating it. In addition to your trouble with facts, you seem to be having trouble with humor, too.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. MattyMo9

MattyMo9 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2017
    You and Glenn think Gilbert is fine as well. I’ve been saying he’s out for the year weeks ago with this mysterious knee injury. He’s onto week 7 now but I’m sure he will be out there next week! Right?

3. MattyMo9

Dec 11, 2017
    Think of me as the Adam Schefter of Steelers injury reporting. Bad news travels fast

4. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    There you go making things up again. Please, find the post with me saying Gilbert is fine. There is actual evidence that he isn't fine. Tomlin spoke about the knee not responding as they hoped and obviously the time missed is an issue.

Conner had to be helped off the field, but he was walking without a boot or brace later Sunday night. There has been no announcement of a high ankle sprain and all we know for sure is he is out this week.

Please don't make things up and attribute them to me. It is dishonest and I don't appreciate it.

5. MattyMo9

Dec 11, 2017
    Well I know Glenn just said it and you have been attacking me so much about Conner I may have lumped you in. Apologies

All I do is read articles, get info from twitter and various social media posts listen to Tomlin talk in circles and make logical predictions. I’m not trying to offend you and I’m simply stating my observations and conclusion. I saw the way Conner left the field and immediately said he has a bad/high ankle. Tomlin said he had a contusion then rules him out Tuesday and says it’s a more serious ankle. We can both hope I’m wrong but unfortunately I’m not.

6. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Except you might be wrong and your theory isn't really supported by the available evidence.

7. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
  8. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I have no idea how serious Gilbert’s injury is. You don’t either so STFU with all your B.S.
    Do the same with Conner. Your trolling is getting obnoxious.

9. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    i said nothing of the sort. You’re just making **** up at this point.

10. nor

nor Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2016
    I'm very glad T.J. Watt's wrist injury was not serious. Here are four pictures that show how we benefit from his excellent agility and nose for the ball.
    I think this is the Pick-6 by Vince Williams. Watt is not fooled by the bootleg and does not allow Newton to escape.

IMG_4248.JPG IMG_4249.JPG IMG_4250.JPG IMG_4252.JPG

11. MattyMo9

Dec 11, 2017
    Yes Glenn anyone who disagrees with you is a troll. So far I’ve been spot on with my calls so why don’t you STFU punk

12. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Wait... I thought you were a sports physician. Your opinions were so medically insightful that I just figured you had an MD. My bad.

13. MattyMo9

Dec 11, 2017
    I know I should have gotten my MD

14. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    C’mon. You could see from the replays that his foot rotated externally and everted. That’s a recipe for an ankle sprain, and more specifically a high ankle sprain. Even Tomlin said it was an ankle sprain, and that he wasn’t sure if it was specifically a high ankle sprain.

It should be pretty obvious that anyone here is posting his opinion and not “confirmed by two sources, and I also examined him myself” fact. (And fwiw, lots of people use the term “high ankle sprain” for any eversion sprain.)

• Like Like x 1
  15. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    That would be a PhD, not an MD.

16. MattyMo9

Dec 11, 2017
    Exactly. Scribe and Glenn act like he’s being held out because of a small bruise or something. I’m not trying to Troll simply stating he has a bad ankle/high sprain and is probably done for the season. I would love to be proved wrong as this injury is devastating to the Steelers a team we all root for! Don’t kill the messenger

17. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Regardless of the severity of the injury this time I think it gives us a sense of the future of our RB position. Conner has looked great at times and inconsistent lately. Many here are complaining about the pass/run ratio and some of its justified. More attempts by Conner could possibly lead to higher likelihood of injury especially with his running style. The RB position needs to be addressed in the upcoming draft. I would say no later than the 3rd round. We need a better quality back up moving forward.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. MattyMo9

Dec 11, 2017
    The LB situation came back to bite us in the ass. Just happened later in the season then we thought.

I agree we need to have another RB option for next year JC will never make it through a full season.

19. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Once again, you are misrepresenting posts by people who disagree with you. I will ask again that you stop. It is dishonest and annoying.

I never said it was a small bruise or something. Tomlin said it was a sprain. I never bought the contusion explanation in the first place and posted as much as soon as I heard it. I was the one pointing out that his ankle was twisted and his leg wasn't hit.

My point is that you are making up facts not in evidence. You don't know the extent of the injury. It's that simple.

20. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Would this fall under throwing it to the wrong team LOL.