1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Enough already about Hines Ward

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Aug 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    What is wrong with some of the Steelers fans keep hearing fans say the Steelers should've kept him he was done 2 years ago, last season he only averaged I think 7 yds a catch. That's why the team made sure he got his 1000th reception they knew he couldn't play anymore. Now that Wallace is holding out fans keep clamoring for bring back Hines Ward or say that the team never should've released him. I liked him as a Steeler too but his time has passed let it go the female fans are the worst not very knowledgable.

2. HinesWardHOF

HinesWardHOF Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    if we are in the superbowl.. 1 second on the clock... down 5 and on the 3 yard line... and we have to pass it... give me OLD hines or heath any day over any of the young guns and i love antonio....

HINES

3. HinesWardHOF

HinesWardHOF Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011

PS Im NOT female and think that was a cheap shot at our female members and fans

HINES

4. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    You are the worst and not very knowledgable. You are a not very nice dumb-dumb stinkypants.

5. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    I dont know man.a couple years ago, I would absolutely agree. Last year was painful to watch Hines at times. He had some key drops at very inopportune times and he definitely got noticeably slower. And for a guy who was never a speedster, thats not good. Hines seemed unable to protect himself at times that really had me worried about his safety. Seems like he got his bell rung a few too many times and he definitely had concussions that were called other things. I'm not bashing Ward, but I agree that it was time to retire.

6. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I'm with snack on this one. Hines had enough left int he tank for at least another year and in this system it would have been a productive year as well. His average was down because Ben targeted him less and threw to him even less than that. I sorry you are throwing around fans not being knowledgeable and yet you have a sentence in which you say you think he averaged 7 yards a catch last season, you think huh but yet you are absolutely positive he was done right. I also agree with HinesWardHOF there are some females on this site that bring more to the discussion than this post and you are insulting them.

7. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    I agree. To the OP: why do you feel compelled to bash our female fans? You just proved you are an ignorant douchebag. Our female fans are more knowledgeable about this team and players than many of us guys. That was a really crappy thing to say and completely uncalled for.

8. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    That is exactly what I was thinking here Knox. I've always been kind of especially proud of the female Steelers fans due to there knowledge. I could sit in a Steelers bar with most any female and have the same football discussion as I could with a guy. Plus they are much better looking than men Steelers fans.

9. SteelByDesign

SteelByDesign Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    My fiance knows more about football than pretty much all of my guy friends (who are Bungle fans)

10. diehardsteel

diehardsteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    It's one thing to question if Hines still has what it takes to be on the team but it's another to bash our female members. Frankly I've made more stupid comments than any of them, by far. :facepalm:

11. SteelByDesign

SteelByDesign Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Also... where is this post coming from? I haven't seen much talking about Ward.

12. Coke Oven

Coke Oven Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    This site is polluted with dumb female fans and stupid male faggots.

13. Steeltradition83

Steeltradition83 Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Agreed diehard we all make dumb comments, but none are as dumb as the comment he just made about our female members. Just plain stupid and uncalled for.

14. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    I've illustrated the solution for you.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Steeltradition83

Steeltradition83 Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Agreed! :amen: :applaud:

16. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    2 of the dumbest post ever made on this board can be found right here in this very thread. Can you guys guess which??

17. Yogi4

Yogi4 Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    I have noticed this on all boards ,some folks can't just let others have their own opinion!!! I hope it never happens, but someday you may not and then you will see what a freedom it is.

18. Azhriaz

Azhriaz Active Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Thank you gentlemen for defending us females!

I really took offense to the OP. I have been a die hard Steelers fan since the day my mother parked us kids in front of the tv to watch the Bradshaw era and taught us about football. Thank you MOM!!!

19. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011

EXCUSE me???? a**hole. I AM female and can guarantee I know as much if not more about football in general than you do.

20. CANTON STEEL

CANTON STEEL Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Cheap shots. I hope we don't ever see ignorant comments like this on here in the future. Too many good people on here to be posting crap like that. :thumbsdown:

21. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Ok, I'm gonna go ahead and close this thread up as it is really just a flame magnet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.