1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Bradshaw was money. Big Ben is chump change.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by 86WardsWay, Nov 25, 2018.

1. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Standing here in my Roethlisberger jersey wondering how Ben defeats himself in that situation.

There are not many words here.

Just only another forced play to AB no matter what. :facepalm:

2. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Well Ben also won that Jacksonville game :shrug:, how soon they forget.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. 86WardsWay

Dec 27, 2012

And played lousy for 3 1/2 qtrs.

I'm a huge fan of Roethlisberger. I just don't know which one is going to show up from one series to the next.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  4. TomlinSux

TomlinSux Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Hero or zero....it shouldn’t have to come down to last minute heroics against a 3-win team last week and a 4-win (now 5-win) team this week. These debates shouldn’t even be in the picture as we should easliy handle teams that have sub-par records. But, in reality, we all know how we play against sub-par teams.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    His teammates didn't help him out much today, Grimble with the sure TD fumble, Washington wide open drop. Also Conner fumble when they were driving into Denver territory.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    You forgot #89 pass in end zone right through his hands

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  7. uncblue012

uncblue012 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2017
  8. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Bradshaw only had 2 more TDs than INTs. He threw a few away himself!

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. 86WardsWay

Dec 27, 2012

I agree 4 turnovers doesn't win any games. No blocking on the blocked FG was horrible.

My problem is Ben (lately) gets a play and stays with it no matter what. Today it cost us.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Yes, but I read where some are wanting to discuss Tomlin as Coach of the Year. How about that now? We can't seem to beat piss poor teams. I will state right now we will not get another ring with our current coaching staff. Sorry, it is what it is. To be honest, the AFC North has the worst group of idiots as Head coaches I've ever seen. Heard Bungles may make Hue their next HC after wonderful Marvin. You can't make this stuff up.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  11. DSteelerCT

DSteelerCT Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    I’m no Ben apologist, but how many times have they run an RPO in his career? Play fkn Steeler football, whatever that is nowadays, but I know it’s not RPO. They got away with a broken trick play last week and tried it again.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. rutan74

rutan74 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    True, but different era's. In today's pass happy league, I'm sure his stats would be a lot better.

The other factors that point to Bradshaw over Ben is 4-0 in SB's not to mention a couple of SB MVP's as well as a league MVP I believe if memory serves me right in 1979. Basically, no comparison to me. I digress though in that I will be the first one to say that you really can't compare given the era's have changed so much. Folks should do a rewind on Terry and the massive abuse he took at quarterback. He played in a tougher time for QB's and still managed to win 4 SB's. And 2 of those wins came against a legit no 2 team and defense in the league.

rutan

• Like Like x 1
  13. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Yeah he should've thrown that away and tried again on 4th. That play was screwy from the snap.

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. 69-2now

69-2now Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2017
    Never liked that sob from the first time he walked on the field. He hated Pittsburgh and cried about it constantly. I hate rooting for people that I don't want on my team.

15. RatbirdHater

RatbirdHater Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2017
    LOL, Bradshaw is a Cowboys fan anyway. That dude always says a lot of bogus **** about us.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    But Terry was blessed with a MUCH better defense than Ben has ever had.

17. DaveyDogg

DaveyDogg New Member

Nov 25, 2018
    The Steelers had two great coaches. Chuck Noll and Bill Cower. They played to win. Now the Steelers have Mike tomlin. He plays not to lose. Look at Steelers packers Superbowl. The Packers lost all their defensive backs and had to put in scout team db's. Instead of attacking their defensive weakness Tomlinson attacks their strength by running. As long as tomlin and his play not to lose approach is head coach, The Steelers will not win another super bowl.

18. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Bradshaw also had the Steel Curtain defense to bail him out, along with a HOF RB and 2 HOF WRs.

19. Marko

Marko Member

Sep 6, 2018
    I was just a kid, but I saw Terry Bradshaw play with the Steelers, through winning, and losing seasons. I've seen him have great games, and I've seen him "stink the place up," as he would say. I have also seen Ben Roethlisberger play his entire career with the Steelers. Terry Bradshaw was a great quarterback, but he never carried the Steelers like Ben has. Ben is a bigger, more physical quarterback than Bradshaw was. Even though Terry could roll out of the pocket, and throw on the run, Ben has shown that he can do much more. With the Steelers, in the 1970's, Terry ran the split-back offense. He always had two set-backs behind him that he could hand the ball off to. The Steelers would come out, and establish the run to set up the pass. Back in the 70's, the Steelers offense relied much less on the quarterback, and the pass than they do now. Terry Bradshaw was good, but, in the modern era, I doubt that could be the quarterback that Ben Roethlisberger is.

20. pastorbob

pastorbob Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    when you really think about The SteelCurtain, the lbs and the secoundart can tou name or even imagine anyone who would let qb play harder or tougher than he played? TB raised the level of play!Ben is a drama queen, not a real motivator>when he is good he can be great but when he is bad he will not face it.

21. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    I'll take Ben over Bradshaw every day and twice on Sunday. Did Ben ever lose his job to a heroine addict?
    Put Ben on the 70s team they win at least as much as they did. Put Bradshaw in today's game he's lost in the wilderness.

22. 86WardsWay

Dec 27, 2012

a woman who is admired for great or brave acts or fine qualities. : the chief female character in a story, play, movie, etc.

23. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    As Lou Reed once said: Sweet Jane!