1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Welp bye bye first round bye

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Smitch89, Nov 25, 2018.

1. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    Browns won today something the Steelers can't say

2. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Despite what Smitch and the mustardmen say, Season ain't over yet. It's just one game.

• Like Like x 1
  3. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Lots of football left to be played. I am not shocked at all that we dropped this game. We lose a game like this every year. Hopefully the Steelers use this as a wakeup call. I doubt the Steelers win out. But guess what, neither will anyone else.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Smitch89

Sep 11, 2018
    Your right it is just one game but when u continue to lose these kinds of games year after year after year it gets to the point where it's like what's the point. The pats can lay a egg like this but the difference between the pats and Steelers is u know the pats will be in the super Bowl almost year. The Steelers not so much.. These are the kinds of games u need to win to position yourself for the playoffs and they continue to f*** it up. Another reason the pats can afford to lose a game like is because they know the Steelers will f*** up even more to set up the pats

5. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012

Dont tell all the Brady/NE fans here, they will throw a fit

6. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    We had no business winning last week and no business losing this week. Caca pasa!

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    So much bed wetting

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Smitch89

Sep 11, 2018
    Can't argue with that

9. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    I think this game was a good wake up call. I think Denver is better than they credit they are given or record indicates.

They last two weeks of turnovers are alarming, last week they were lucky, this week, no so much.

Some were fluky, the grimble one for sure.

Steelers had bad case of fumbling today even Switzer almost lost a punt.

10. Steelers89

Steelers89 Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2016
    We need to win out to ensure ourselves the 2 seed at minimum. Hopefully Houston loses a game soon...

11. truckin9999

truckin9999 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Even if the Steelers win out, they dont control their own destiny for the #2 seed. They would need to Texans to lose one

12. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    The fact of the matter is that no one knows what the hell is going to happen next week or any week we play a game. This team is impossible to predict or understand. Its kinda of like we get into a game and wing it and hope things work out. Crazy team we have. All the talent in the world and we can't count on crap. Hard to look forward to each week no matter who we play.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Ben: Hey Tom I'm going to play like crap and lose the game getting the 2 seed is not my thing I want the 4 seed because I like going on the road and being one and done!!

Tom: Sure Ben!!! you know f you come to Foxborough I'm gonna put 50 on you because I'm your big brother!!! You even said it yourself!!!

14. DSteelerCT

DSteelerCT Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Steelers haven’t beaten a good team yet this year. They either fair well against the 3 powerhouses and there’s hope for a deep run, or they don’t and who really cares about this game or a bye week.

15. Steelers89

Steelers89 Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2016
    Yikes. Not good. Is that because of conference record?

16. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Didn't the Steelers have the #2 seed last season? It didn't matter, they still lost in the divisional round at home.

17. truckin9999

truckin9999 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Based on overall record. Because of the Steelers tie in their overall record, they will not be involved in any tie-breakers

18. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    The most important player on the team Ben is not playing good deciplined Foot ball as of lately that's not promising.

19. Timbrr

Timbrr Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Okay we lost. Who ever missed a block on field goal and Grimble being stupid cost us this one. All the Tomlin haters: I love the guy and I hope he retires a Steeler. Turn overs happen, that's football. If we can't beat the Chargers then we might as well just stay home then. We can beat anybody. We might not but we can. Anybody here think we can't win out? This is the NFL.. ANY TEAM CAN WIN. You all have a great week.

• Like Like x 1
  20. blitz_burgh

blitz_burgh

Nov 15, 2011
    Yes it's just one game but these games occur every single year and they come back to bite us in the ass come playoff seeding time. This is one of the big frustrations with Tomlin. I was looking at the schedule last week and thought we would go 3-3 in the last 6 games putting us at 10-5-1. I figured we would lose to a team that we shouldn't (Den, Oak or Cincy) and we will probably win a game we shouldn't like New Orleans. I still think 3-2 in the next 5 but will 10-5-1 win the division? It should and honestly I feel better going on the road in the playoffs as the underdog.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2018
  21. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Steelers need to get back to running the football. It was highly successful, they have gotten away from it, I’m not sure why we had some nice runs with decastro pulling and nix blocking.

Then start taking care of the ball.

It would also be nice to get an INT or fumble recovery, seems like the Stone Age since we had one that really mattered.

• Agree Agree x 2
  22. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I had a bad feeling going into this game. The Tebow loss still haunts me.

23. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I just hope we can win a game

24. Jay31

Jay31 Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Thank you. Some people are too emotional. I feel that the Steelers will win their division. And if it comes to a situation that the Steelers have to play in Kansas City or Houston in the Divisonal round(assuming the Chiefs and Texans win their divisions also), I won't be worried compared to if the Steelers have to play in New England in the Divisional round. People need to calm down a bit with getting so angry after every Steelers lost.

25. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    The Steelers are doing well, but they make too many critical mistakes. You can't be having penalties, fumbling, throwing picks, etc consistently and pretend you are going to the Superbowl. Especially with what we're seeing now with the Chiefs/Rams/ Saints etc..

I'll be with the Steelers to the end, and I'd be surprised as hell if they won the Superbowl. I just don't see it this year with this team unfortunately. Hope I'm wrong.

• Agree Agree x 1