1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Jaylen Ramsey Trade To Steelers

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by mcam, Nov 21, 2018.

1. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    Let that one sink in a bit. Young corner in the prime of his career, one of the best in the league, and leader on the defense.

If the Jags were dumb enough to trade him, I'd throw a couple high picks for him for the sure thing.

The organization came out stating the rumors were false, but they keep spreading around like wild fire. Obviously this would be talking next year as it's past the deadline.

Not going to happen, but fun to ponder.

2. pjgruden

pjgruden

Oct 16, 2011
    While Ramsey is good, he's much to braggadocious for my liking. He reminds me of a young Aqib Talib in that way.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    We already had one big mouth in Mitchell on the team recently. Not wanting another one.. Rather have bouye

4. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    What I would not give to have him. Arguably the best corner in all of football. While there is no longer a true shutdown corner in this league given the rules, he is the closest thing we have to one.

That being said, most are worried about his garrulous demeanor. I am far more worried on how much that trading price is worth. It is going to require essentially a mansion.

For a quick reference, Khalil Mack was worth two ones, a sixth rounder next season and a third round pick in 2020. What is Ramsey going to command? It is difficult to say.

5. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Jags wouldn’t trade him to one of their rivals in the AFC lol

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I think the would, but the price would be very high. Ramsey is still on his rookie contract. Imagine how expensive he will be when he becomes a free agent after the 2020 season. Given what we've seen of his personality, I wouldn't be shocked to see him start complaining about being underpaid or even hold out before then.

7. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    This is usually March/April material but at least it's not another thread about ding dong. No need to recruit more prim a-donnas. I'd say no.

8. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    It is relevant. The idea of Ramsey playing for the Steelers crossed my mind Sunday because there was a report about him wanting a trade last week, but I just don't see it happening.

9. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Who

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    If they needed a dynamic RB who can catch and run WR routes, they could trade one shyte talker for another.

11. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
  12. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Dont do that glenn

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  13. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    I think mack though was worth a little more than ramsey.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. blake duerden

blake duerden Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2017
  15. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    I would pay a kings ransom for Ramsey. Jaylen Ramsey is a once in a lifetime talent. I would even be willing to part with two 1st rounders to get him. It doesn't matter because the Steelers would never do it. We all know how they operate. They want low risk - high reward players that they can get at below market prices. Jaylen Ramsey doesn't fit that mold.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    Considering today`s NFL rules, I think the best value on defense is to put pressure on the QB, so I would never mortgage the team for one man who can only take one receiver out of the game and what happens to your investment if he gets injured?

The best and realistically affordable defense considering the salary cap is one that is best at getting pressure on the QB and all the DB`s are above average. We have half that.

Any QB that does not have enough time to throw has a bad day, so pressure is the best thing for a defense. However, we need to try to upgrade at the DB position.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    And in other fantasy news....Steelers have traded two up and coming line cooks ,former graduates of the CIA and a dishwasher to be named later for Gordon Ramsey in a effort to help bolster the kitchen staff at team headquarters :smiley1:

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. BK99

BK99 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Give them Burns, Davis, along with a 1st round pick this coming draft and a 2nd round pick in 2020. The Jags have all their money invested in defense which all were high first and second round picks. When these contracts come up they won't be able to afford keeping them without sacrificing the offense again. They need an upgrade at QB and some receivers desperately.

19. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    No need to over-spend. We could probably get Ramsay Bolton for just one line cook.

20. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    I'm good. Corner is such a weird position and the loud mouths always fall off. Sherman, Norman, Peters, etc. Give me another Haden.. Oh yeah, we could of had one in Peterson.

• Like Like x 1
  21. MeanJoeBlue

MeanJoeBlue Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2013
    Not all first round picks are worth the same. I'd think that the Bears 1s are a lot more than Steelers 1s.

McCaffrey (for Carolina) was an 8th pick. That spot has the same value as the Shazier and Tuitt picks (although it was different draft years).

Fournette was a 4th pick. That has the same value as the picks used to get Watt, JuJu, Sutton, Conner, and Dobbs... plus the Steelers would have needed to throw in another 1st (25th overall).

22. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    I see what you did there.

23. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Top 5 talent in all of football. Never happen but he is the very best at what he does.

24. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    The Steelers aren't giving up no high draft picks for any player, and Ramsey will be looking to get paid in a few years.

25. dd63

dd63 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2017
    Nah, I hear he's been dogging it lately.