1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Roethlisberger and qb sneak

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by jrompola, Nov 19, 2018.

1. jrompola

jrompola Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Are we done with them attempting qb sneaks? Bens clearly not that good at it. They have converted a few this year, but he does not take the snap moving forward like Brady who's the best at it. He takes the snap, flinches, then moves forward. He's 6'5 250lbs...he needs to adjust his feet and take the snap where he can lean forward and drive as fast as possible. Know he has an INJ in his non-throwing hand, but even prior to that he doesn't get much drive.

2. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    Yeah, I think he usually does not have his heart in it on QB sneaks in 4th down or 3rd and inches situations, but as we saw if it is a game deciding situation he will go Elway for a play. I`m ok with him running anytime when he is in the clear and can get "free" yards, then slide feet first.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. jrompola

Jul 7, 2015
    Yeah - he needs to be able to scramble and make things happen, but for whatever reason qb sneaks just look so awkward.

4. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do I drink Dos Equis. :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  5. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    I don't always read these kind of threads, but when I do, I scratch my head.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    I like QB sneaks when they are 3rd and a football, 3rd and half a yard. I don't like them when they are 3rd and full yard.

Yesterday first drive that was like 3rd and 1.25 yards and they tried it. Wasn't a fan. That needs to go to Conner there.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Agreed. That one yesterday was a bit long for a sneak. Roethlisberger can do it, but he's not great at them. That is why they got away from running sneaks in the first place.

8. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Is that you Haley???

No, the sneaks are working and should be in every teams playbook.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  9. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    When Ben dove it looked like he was in mid air for a century lol

06684222-84E0-4E09-8127-83CFE0E93767.gif

• Hilarious Hilarious x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Who? Me? I agree with you. It should be in the playbook. I just didn't like it in that situation.

11. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Well after so long of not doing them now it's the new thing and teams are looking for it so its all about execution. A situation like yesterday would have been better for JC as well. The tapes out there and those things can be manipulated to keep them guessing. More options the better the film reels get for folks to keep guessing in my opinion. Either way, I too don't like it with a full yard. Half a yard to inches he'll pretty much get em.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    lol no, the OP.

Some of them have been ugly for sure but there used to be situations in the past where it was the ideal play and they'd never run it. Would drive me crazy.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    I have more a problem with the wasted 1st qtr timeout used to come up with the lousy play call than the actual call itself. If they are going to run it then get up to the line and snap it quickly. Don't call a stupid TO and then line up with the world knowing exactly what is being called. Once the TO is called put a fullback in there and bulldoze the line.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    For a 6'5" 240 pound guy he STINKS at sneaking.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Agreed. I get why they don't do it often. He has never been good at it. But it was as if he didn't even have the option to call it when Haley was offensive coordinator. This with one of the best centers in the game and an all-pro at right guard.

• Like Like x 1
  16. jrompola

Jul 7, 2015
    I used to scream for them to run it previous years. It still needs to be run but i wont be screaming for it if they run something else.

I agree with the poster who said if you do it get up there, run it fast, and try to catch them off guard.