1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

NFL Network "Inside Training Camp Live"

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by jftwist, Aug 2, 2012.

1. jftwist

jftwist Active Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Has anybody ever seen the Steelers on the NFL network show "inside training camp live" that runs what looks like all day long? I have the day off today and watched a little bit this morning. It seems like a pretty good program showing a lot of live coverage from various NFL training camps so I figured I would watch this afternoon hoping to catch some Steelers live coverage. Well, so far there is none! Lots of live Eagles coverage. I wonder if they focus on a different team everyday? This morning it seems as though they we're going live to several different camps.

2. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    It's terrible. Everything seems to be mostly Colts, Broncos, Jets...with a handful of other teams peppered in. I think my wife said they had a brief spot on Saturday morning, but I missed it.

3. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    No I haven't but that would be cool.

4. jftwist

jftwist Active Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I spoke to soon,,, they are getting ready to go live to Latrobe after this commercial break!

5. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    Oh wait, they actually just said they were switching from the Eagles to Latrobe next after the commercial. :o :dancing: :towel:

6. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    I should have known better...they played 5 seconds of camp video, and the rest is just BS about Wallace and Ben's rotator cuff... :doh:

7. jftwist

jftwist Active Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Yep, that blew. I won't waist my time with this show again.

8. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I've been wondering the same thing. Every time I turn it on it's either Dallas, Green Bay, the Jets, or Philly. This seems like a golden opportunity to invite the whole world to see public practices. I don't need to see anything "secret," I just want to see some of our guys in one-on-one drills, see them move a little bit.

As usual, they are more concerned with talking about what they think we want to hear than broadcasting good football television. I'm reminded of our NFL Network 2010 draft breakdown, during which none of our draft picks were mentioned and the entire segment was used to discuss Ben Roethlisberger's suspension. The whole world seemed shocked we went 3-1 without him and made it to the Super Bowl. Maybe they wouldn't have been if they'd actually discussed our team from time to time instead of showing Ben's 1 yard TD pass to Matt Spaeth 500 times.

9. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I was watching it at the same time and set my DVR because I was so excited they were going to Latrobe....to busy showing Jets/ Tebow camp I guess. :frustrated:

10. 12to88

12to88 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Who is shown on this show probably has more to do with what teams/coaches will allow prolonged video taping of the practices. Obviously, the Jets and Cowboys are on a lot because those teams can't get enough media attention: both have been featured on Hard Knocks. They like the cameras being on them.

The Steelers don't. I've been to camp on three separate occasions, and what I noticed about it was that FANS, and not TV people, crowded the sidelines.

11. leveraged

leveraged Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    NFL Live is turning into Entertainment Tonight.

"Next on NFL Live, Tebow takes his shirt off and thanks Baby Jesus for his abs"