1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Jets

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Disco1981, Nov 16, 2018.

1. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    An
    AND STILL...Cost then a 3rd and 6th...minimum

2. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Failed thread :facepalm:

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    If he is in line to get double the 14M this offseason, then in all likelihood he would still get that if he had signed the tag and played (and gotten the 14) this year. The only way that one impacts the other is if he suffers an injury that would hurt his chances of getting that 28M this offseason. True we do not know that for sure, but I think the odds are in his favor that he does NOT suffer that severe of an injury. He essentially made a $14M bet that he would have a severe injury if he played this season. Personally I think thats a very unwise bet since the odds are low.

I would be more inclined to see his point and make that bet if the disparity in the tag amount and what he would get in FA ($28M for this post) was a lot bigger....like if the tag amount was only $5M. In that case, sure I'd highly consider sitting out. But I think he's made a horrible financial decision. He will never recoup that pretty significant amount of money.

Another thing to think about....he's not home free regarding injury. He still has 5 months or so until he gets his mega-deal. What happens if, God forbid, he suffers a horrific injury between now and then while living his life? Think Ben Roethlisberger on his bike, or Gabe Rivera, or even Dez Bryant's achilles tear while he's training in the off season. Then what? He's missed out on $14M this year and his value as an FA has just taken a dramatic hit, or has been eliminated altogether. I just think that it's absolutely foolish to pass on a guaranteed $14M in this situation.

As far as 'winning,' if we're talking about him vs the Steelers, there's no way that he can win. The Steelers have more than adequately replaced him for a fraction of the cost. Thank God he didn't sign the contract offer this spring. It would've been a disaster. In fact, the more he gets in FA, the bigger the win for the Steelers (until it's time for Connor to get paid;))

4. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    I don't really care honestly.

I will say that the Jets offensive line is not all that impressive.

Bell uses his vision and follows his blockers, more so than other running backs. IF they don't do their job, he can't do his.

I'd expect a very lackluster season next year if he goes there.

Probably the COLTS would be a better fit for him if they could afford him. Big dog Nelson at guard to pave the way.

5. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Who?

6. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    I'd like to see what they put into the contract as far as drug suspensions and injury settlements. A team that will give him more than 30 million unconditionally guaranteed is foolish IMHO.

Even Gurley's contract isn't as guaranteed as you would think. His next 2 years are after 3 days I believe into the league year? If they decide to release him before that he gets nothing.

He's basically betting that a team will give him half of everything up front and if he gets suspended or hurt, he can walk away with that guaranteed money and go try and to rap. He's saying it doesn't matter because if he gets 30 or more guaranteed, he's basically getting 2 years salary for only showing up to play one.

Like others have said though that much money this year that he walked away from is much harder to recoup that way. So even if he gets 30, it's

7. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    1B802C2D-7E18-49C1-B68C-A487F2D51CC1.gif

• Like Like x 1
  8. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    hqdefault.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  9. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
  10. tyler christopher

tyler christopher Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2016
    I think someone tampered with him.... there is not a doubt in my mind. If we could prove it I think we would get there first round pick and they would be fined like 500k or something extreme.....

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. FeedTheMachineFTM

FeedTheMachineFTM Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    Hey did you guys hear that Bell will never be a Steeler again and isn't on the team anymore ..

12. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I think the front office is still trying to hammer out a deal.:sneak: