1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

C.J. Anderson

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Disco1981, Nov 14, 2018.

1. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Was just cut by Carolina...

I'm not one of those sign him, sign everybody crowd...But I have watched him a lot ( fantasy football ) don't hate me...

But he is a 1 cut, hit the hole, with a lil burst and power ( ala JC light ) and a competent receiver...

And most importantly, a big upgrade over Ridley...Oft injured and just washed up imo

2. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    He probably is an upgrade over Ridley although he's not the same RB he once was. If we could cut Ridley for free and sign CJA to a similar deal, then yeah, it would be an upgrade.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. uncblue012

uncblue012 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2017
    I like Ridley, but I'd be all over Anderson. He'd play really well behind our line, IMO. Of course, nearly any RB should play well behind our line. But you get the gist.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I think Anderson is done.

5. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    He ran for over 1,000 yards and averaged 4.1 per carry in 2017 and he is only 27. For whatever reason, he didn't fit in Carolina, but he was certainly a lot more productive than Ridley just a season ago.

6. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    He was getting nicked up in Denver and was practically demoted as the season went on. Denver let him go for a reason.

7. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    If the guy is capable of 1,000 yards and 4.1 per carry, he's capable of being a decent backup.

8. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Ridley is the epitome of " nicked "

9. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
  10. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Worth kicking the tires if nothing else.

11. SteelerBark

SteelerBark Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    I thought DeAngelo Williams was washed up too...but he was great insurance for Bell. Surprised he still had some tread. CJ is far better insurance than Ridley IMO.

12. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I posted on here about him before the season started, he's probably washed up.

13. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Leveon Bell...................

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  14. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    The first thing I thought of when I saw CJ getting let go was wow if Bell don't come in he would be a nice insurance policy. I know when CJ was in Denver he was pretty good and I often wondered why he was sharing time with Booker(Glenn Booker is a RB for the Broncos :lolol:) as every game CJ produced. I am not sure what CJ had one this year but at this point in time he is well worth a chance.

I know one thing we can't afford a injury to Conner and if he does go down then we are at Ridley and Samuel's. I am not sure that is good enough so having a vet like CJ would be wise. jmo

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    This is a move the Steelers should make. I am not sold at all on Samuels. I am not suggesting the Steelers give up on him. Its just that he does not seem to have much burst. In all honesty he reminds me of a younger Fitzgerald Toussaint. Ridley is serviceable. But should Conner be out for a big game it would sure be nice to have a better option. CJ Anderson is a better option than anything we have behind Conner. If you put Anderson behind our O-line, I think he is capable of putting up numbers similar to Conner.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    Look at his career stats he only had a thousand yards once in 6 years and the broncos released him after his 1000 season, panthers signed him but hardly used him he only had 24 carries for 104 yards going into week 11, panthers are leaning on McCaffery but if he goes down they dont have a back to replace him with, CJ could be conners backup but needs to increase his production by quite a bit, right now there are too many question marks about his potential to risk signing him, which means they probably will.......

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    i think there is a better chance fitz comes back. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    See I feel a little different, I like Samuels but he is a rookie and I don't want to see Ben get creamed cause he missed a block or something due to inexperience. My worry is not if Conner goes down Samuels is his back up, it is who is Samuels back up. I think CJ is a fit to back up either but I have liked what I have seen from Samuels so far. :smiley1:

19. shaner82

Oct 16, 2011
    Yeah but Ridley is a never was. He was productive in NE because they had nobody better at the time. Every RB is productive in NE until Belichek tires of them and moves on. Ridley has never done anything outside of that very RB friendly system. There's simply no way CJA is worse than Ridley at this point

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I disagree here, CJ was never really given a chance in Denver. Yeah he started but he was in and out and he spit time with the other RB's as well. I like CJ at least at this point in time, we are in week 11 who are we gonna get that is available? This is the best we can do with what Bell has done to us and CJ just as good and I will say better then any other FA out there. At least he has been playing and is in football shape.

21. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    If they would give Ridley some carries, you would see that he can play.

22. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Sign him, sign everyone!

lol, definitely worth bringing in and working out. They definitely have some money to spend. Get some depth now.

23. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    I think you have to go with what you have on the roster. Too much relies on adequate blitz pick-up by the RB when they're in there and Anderson would take way to long and not see enough touches to get comfortable (Ben needs to feel comfortable with him in there more than anything)

24. shaner82

Oct 16, 2011
    See what he can do? In the last 4 years he's rushed for a total of 545 yards. He's only averaged a little over 3 ypc over those 4 years. He's also a guy that has never been much of a weapon in the receiving game. He's only ever cracked 1000 yards once in his entire career, and that's because he was in a very RB friendly system and they had no one else. Once they got a better option, they dumped him and never looked back. It's not a coincidence that nobody has trusted him since, because he's not very good.

CJA is no stud either, but he's shown more than Ridley in recent years and was never in a system half as good as what Ridley was in

25. shaner82

Oct 16, 2011
    A playbook is easy for a RB. There would be absolutely no chemistry issues by bringing in CJA. Either a RB can block or they can't. To be honest, I don't know how well CJA blocks. I also don't know how well Ridley blocks. I haven't seen enough of him since 2012 when NE stopped featuring him. But if CJA can block at least as well as Ridley, he's the far better option to be our backup, assuming he's healthy