1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Thanks for the memories, Le'veon!

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TenaciousD, Nov 13, 2018.

1. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    The steelers dont go all in on anyone. No way odell in a years time gets 65 million guranteed in comparison to ab's only 19 million fully guranteed...

2. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    He was just thanking Bell for his sweet cleats :lolol:

3. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    The buzzards started circling in September. It was only time until the bones were picked clean.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    hopefully not until after we get a 3rd round pick for the guy

5. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    I wasn't too impressed when I saw that. After all, he might need those new sneakers next year when he's out of a job << playin

I guess he showed disrespect by not communicating, and they returned disrespect by raiding his locker.

Would have been nice to go the other way, but that's not how the world works sometimes.

6. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    First off you’re an impossible person to have a discussion with. You seem incapable of seeing both sides of an issue and recognizing when it’s clearly lopsided.

Anyway the Franchise tag is a good thing for both sides.
    It gives the team that drafted and developed a player the chance not to lose the player. It gives the player a premium salary. It’s fair for both sides.
    For some reason some players think they deserve some kind of guaranteed money which in reality is absurd.

The Franchise tag is essentially a 1 year contract that’s guaranteed.
    Lots of players are restricted free agents that are tendered a contract, on 1 year deals or in the last year of a contract. At some point everyone is going to be in their last year with no guarantee beyond that year.

If you want a guaranteed buy an insurance policy.

Like it or not the Franchise tag is a reality and Bell handled the situation terrible with his nut job tweets, stupid Rap songs and his lack of communication.
    Things could have been different had he handled himself in a more professional manner.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
  7. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    If the franchise tag didn't exist this would be Bells last season on rookie contract then he'd be a UFA. Think about that.

8. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

Link?

9. Steelers '08

Steelers '08 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2016
  10. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I thought about it. Nothing changed. :hmmm:

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  11. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Nobody kept his stuff it was just a final rouse or joke for closure. His stuff was packed up and will be sent to him.

12. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Exactly where do they send it to?

13. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    The Dump or the descendants of Benedict Arnold.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    I'm only pissed at Bell with how he has completely disregarded his teammates. Watching Ben's press conference, I can tell Ben was just hurt with the breakup of relationship and the lack of response.

Ben reached out via text saying good luck if I don't see you.. no response.. typical millennial. sorry it's true.

For GOD's sake pick up the phone, call, and talk to the dude. Don't be a freaking ******* and ignore people's condolences wishing you the best. << Must be too good for that

Bell did good things running and catching a football in Pittsburgh, but as far as I can tell he's an *******. I'd rather route for someone with some character.

WHO are you? Don't give a **** ultimately if you can run and catch a football.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    The nfl is the only sport with no fully guranteed contracts. Its absurd. They are athletes as well. So therefore if their are other athletes getting fully guranteed contracts in every other sport the athletes in the nfl arent wrong for wanting them and like I said the nfl is highly dangerous in terms of injuries. That's why players want the gurantees. And the steelers imo and to a lot of others handled it badly as well. Both went about it wrong. And to people like you it's ok for pitt to tag him but it's wrong for bell to finesse the rules. He didnt tell the team to tag him. They choose to do so. Therefore you run that risk as the player per the rules is NOT REQUIRED to sign the tag. I cant even say he made a statement for other teams to not do this because I've seen no other team handle a situation like they did with the franchise tag.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    How did the Steelers handle this badly?

LevBell put himself in the position to get tagged. Steelers can’t sink a multi year deal in a guy who is one puff away from a years supension?

Steelers didn’t do anything wrong here.

I don’t see contracts being fully guaranteed, not with a 53 man roster, and not with the physicality of the game.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. NE Missouri Steeler

NE Missouri Steeler Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2017
    Steelers need to stop using #26....Bell and Woodson similar stories when it comes to more money.

A Steeler, I wish we could've kept awhile was Chad Brown. I never knew exactly what happened.

I usually understand it when players are getting long in the tooth. Brown was young after SB 30.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    I heard he is coming by jetski to pick up his stuff.. He can pull right up to the dock where the Clipper arrives. Give him his shiat and away ya go ... farewell felicia

• Like Like x 1
  20. 08SteelCurtain

08SteelCurtain Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2015
    That 2014 season where Bell, Brown and Ben balled out was very special, at least to me. It was also Troy’s last year. It really brought back that love of watching the Steelers after two 8-8’s.

I for one want to thank Bell for ‘13-‘17. This year was a blemish to put it kindly. But this was supposed to be better. It was supposed to be a happy ending.

Thanks Lev

21. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Bell has been
    The players voted for their contract situation. They will have another chance to vote guaranteed contracts & no tags but I don't think they will get it.

22. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Good question they left that part out

23. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Fully guranteed contracts? No. But they will definitely vote against the exclusive franchise tag.

24. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I don't think that's accurate. This would have been his 6th season.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Thats exactly why they can't give out fully guaranteed contracts.

• Agree Agree x 1