1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Let’s talk Jags

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by bigbenhotness, Nov 11, 2018.

1. Steelers89

Steelers89 Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2016
    Absolutely cannot lose this game. Just can't. Half the stadium will be Steelers fans. They've been struggling. Our schedule doesn't get any easier after this one.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    I know I’m hoping jags just throw the season. Not gonna lie I’m slightly worried lol. As long as Steelers play with fire and respect Jacksonville we should win.

3. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I'd be concerned if Bouye was playing. Ramsey will be on AB which should leave JuJu to have a pretty good night. He still had a 100+ yards in each of the last two games against them but couldn't find the endzone. I suspect things will be different this time.

I think they cruise like they did against the Panthers. Only thing I worry about then is the Jags taking cheap shots at our players if the score gets out of hand. I don't think they will handle being embarrassed very well.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    a whipping here pretty much knocks the jags out of any PO hopes. that's one less team we struggle with being in. take care of our business and keep focused. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I agree with Mac we can end the Jagoffs season and not have to worry about them. Also let's keep this thread up top since this is a big game and hope it buries the 1000 Bell threads going one.

:herewego!::herewego!::herewego!::herewego!::herewego!::herewego!::herewego!::herewego!::herewego!:

• Like Like x 2
  6. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    As long as Pittsburgh doesn't think they are invincible, they will win. Jags are desperate and will either fight back hard, or just eventually crumble from Pittsburgh's high octane offense. We need good ben obviously.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    If I recall correctly, Vance had 10 catches in the playoff game

• Like Like x 2
  8. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    I'm still not sold on the defense. I can see the Jaguars posting another 40+.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  9. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    It is possible we will win in blowout. We want revenge, they know they are going nowhere this year. They are not what they were while we are hot.

It all adds up to blowout, but there could be some core matchup issues that prevent blowout.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    if we give up 40+ and most importantly lose this game, I'll give up on this team lol.

11. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    Honestly... from what I've seen from '14 season to present... it wouldn't surprise me one bit.

12. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    these next 2 games are a true testament on where Tomlin stands as a coach right now, and if he has shown growth from a team's perspective.

Great teams win these type of games. Lose to chargers and saints? that's fine as long as we beat the rest lol.(i feel we beat LA too)

13. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    What worries me is if the Jagoffs control the clock. Our offense gets cold sitting on the bench & cannot get rolling. That said, I think our defense holds them under 24 points. If Big Ben does not give them the ball, we win.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    Steelers, more often than not, don't play well in Jacksonville. I remember Steelers getting beat in '06 after Ben returned from the appendectomy. That game sucked.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    With more practice, I expect Ben to be better than last time out. Maybe 23-25, 310 yards, 5tds

• Like Like x 2
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  16. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Bouye returned to a limited practice Wednesday and a full practice Thursday. He's on track to play.

Tuitt also sat out again today. He had been playing very well and the Steelers need their guys up front, so this is terrible timing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    What would get you to buy the Steelers defense? They slice, they dice they even make julienne fries. Act now and you can get the 4 in 1 storage tote with a patented burp-lock technology that locks in freshness. Brrrrrruuuppp see still fresh. What do I have to do to make a sale get a head coach and offensive coordinator fired?

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  18. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2017
    Jaguars are in desperation mode!Don’t like this matchup as we always have problems with them! The de

19. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2017
    The desperation mode always carries more weight than the revenge mode.Tomlin better have the boys ready!

20. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    I don't feel warm and fuzzy about the Jags. As poorly as they've been playing, they've had our number.

Fournette << we have to show we can stop him.

hoping their defense doesn't show up.

21. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    The key to stopping Fournette is to get him behind in the percentages early. If he gains positive yardage he is hard to stop from getting first downs. Get him 2nd and 9, 3rd and 8 and they have to look at passing to make 1st down. The more Bortles has to throw better.

22. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I saw that about Bouye, will make a big difference.

Didn't know that about Tuitt, thats going to hurt. Bortles has been terrible when teams have blitzed him, maybe they'll go blitz heavy to help offset the loss of Tuitt.

23. Confluence

Confluence Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2017
    Alualu is behind Tuitt on depth chart, ...

will miss Tuitt if he cant go but looking for Alualu to make some plays, i think we shld be ok, I got Steelers... starting to snow here in Boston

24. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    So blitz the hell out of them..

Fournette's a train. Tomlin knows it. Can see the fear in his eyes in the press conference lol

25. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    The Bouye injury is why the game last week against the Colts was so misleading. Their pass rush is nowhere near as good as it was last year, but having two excellent corners helps cover for that. With him out of there, Luck's job became much easier.

I know the Jaguars have had some problems against the blitz this year, but not having Fournette was a big part of that. Blitzes can also create big running lanes if you hit the defense in the right spot. That is why the Tuitt injury is so damaging. Alualu is a nice player, but he's not on a level with a healthy Tuitt. More importantly, no Tuitt would mean more playing time for McCullers and Walton.

• Agree Agree x 1