1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Thanks for the memories, Le'veon!

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TenaciousD, Nov 13, 2018.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Nobody put a gun to Bells head. He was offered 14.5 million to play and then he could have been a FA. He didn't have to sit out to become one.

If you want to point a finger at someone, point it at the players, they are the dumb asses that let the tag rule be written into the CBA.

They should have been paying more attention to that than trying to reduce practice time.

2. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    I do agree they were dumb to agree to the tag. But no peveon was about to let the team use him up and then kick him to the curb the next yr. Like Dallas did with DeMarco murray in 2014. He was never the same after they did that. The only way for him to get the amount of guranteed money he thought he should was to go elsewere.. he wasnt afforded that opportunity so he figured since the tag will still increase no way I'm slapped with a exclusive again so therefore I will sit out and wait a year preserving my body. Long as he gets something over 10 million FULLY guranteed he made the right decision. He did HANDLE it terribly and wrong but at the same time I felt the organization could have done some things better as well.

3. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    Kirk Cousins played two seasons tagged as a franchise player, they let him go in his 3rd after they couldn't come up with an agreement..... for all intensive purposes, the franchise tag worked well for both sides.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    Had Washington hit Cousins with a third tag, his tender would’ve been $34+ million for that one season. C’mon now.

5. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    So? Do we not see QBs getting numbers close to this amount of money annualy? Soon you will see QBs making close to 40 a year. Isnt Rodgers making like 35 million? Not saying cousins is in his class but it's not like that was out of the realm of possibility plus like I said he got a FULLY GURANTEED deal. He was only gurantees that for one year from Washington. Minnesota just gave him regardless if he played another down for them after this season 80+million. He could retire and they'd still owe him that.

6. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    They didnt want to pay him. They were banking on him not playing as well as he played so they wouldnt have to pay him a record breaking deal like he just got. Plus he was a qb so his risk was far less than that of a rb. With the 80+ million he made if he plays good as he has for minny for the next 3 years he would be only 33 and could sign possibly 2 more mega deals with the way the rules of the game are these days. But he definitely will get a 5 year probably 150+ million deal.

7. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    I think Bell is the new D. Murray. Sitting out will not help him preserve his production for next year. He will struggle to put up his past #s because his probowl line is blocking for Conner now. I will go as far as saying Bell will never be a probowler again.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. 4124life

4124life Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2018
    A year out of the game and a loss of millions. Dudes a legit retard. Can’t just go inactive that long like that. In the rare case it can help you recuperate. But more often than not athletes at their peak who go cold like that for a long time are never the same.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    You could turn it into a Jason Guildon jersey

[​IMG]

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  10. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Wow everyone claimed they where done talking Bell, and yet post after post Bell this Bell that ... not only here but also on FB and god knows where else :puking 4::puking2:

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  11. 4124life

4124life Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2018
    Bell can text Conner all the positive texts he wants. Let’s be real, he was hoping Conner flopped and the Steelers to look bad so his stock would go up. That didn’t happen and it backfired in his face. Lol. I’m loving it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    I cant say that. Look at what ap is doing right now.

13. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    The thing about Bell is his running style might not work with a lot of teams, his patient running style worked with Pittsburgh because they have a good OL.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Steelers '08

Steelers '08 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2016
    You see the players looted Bell’s locker? I thought that was in poor taste. I know he didn’t do things right or the way others wanted it done but don’t steal his stuff. I just didn’t like that at all. To me it was like they were in high school.

Regardless of how they feel about him he did carry this team for years. It’s over let it go and move on. Let management come get his stuff don’t steal it.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    AP>>> bell

You know this lol

16. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    I do know this but no matter how great you are father time is undefeated. Even Frank gore is still playing and I think he had 100 yd game a few weeks back. If 30+ year old RBS are still producing I think it's very disingenuous to think bell couldnt produce at 27..

17. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    What? Why is everyone acting like two things cant be true. It can be true that conner is a good player. It doesnt have to be that bell is overrated and that the team made him cause of how conner is producing...

18. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    The video I saw looks like the players are having a little fun with the situation, nothing malice.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    They were just having fun with it, it's not like Bell is going to show up to get his stuff.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    Bud Dupree scores some sweet Jordan cleats. It’s now being reported that every time he approaches a room, he hesitates before walking through the doorway.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  21. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011

LMAO :lolol:

• Like Like x 1
  22. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Well i just unliked/ unfollowed, the Steelers Nation page on FB.. All they seemed to was talk abt was DINGDONGBELL

23. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012

LOL what kind of language was he speaking? Icould not understand a word he said

24. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Good. **** Bell!

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Man, all the talking heads are coming to LevBells defense now on these Networks.

I'm shocked.

I understand franchise tag stinks, but his lack of communication with the team and giving them mix signals was total B.S. He lied to this team saying he was going to get there.

No way he gets paid like a top 5 QB.

There was a reason Steelers didn't go all in on him... because he is a knuckle head. His DUI, injury history, and suspensions are legitimate reason for pause.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1