1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Let’s talk Jags

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by bigbenhotness, Nov 11, 2018.

1. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    If Ben plays well and does not turn the ball over we will almost certainly win. I think it really is that simple with this team. Ben on his game from the get go and we won't lose. The issue is Ben seems to start slowly a lot of the time.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Committing to the run game keep you in 3rd and manageable.

But you are right 3rd down and red zone efficiency is been great last 5 games.

3. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    I have no idea what's going on with the Jags and why they aren't winning except knowing they've had Fournette out with and injury and Bortles got benched for poor performance.

they have a tight defense. Gonna be a tough game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Even Tomlin said we are not that good, after the panthers game lol

5. TomlinSux

TomlinSux Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Well, if we hold true to our preparation and play against sub-par teams, we can make a game out of all these games and make these teams look like world beaters. The Jags concern me because they have pretty much owned us over the years. Can/should we win against them...yes! All depends on what team shows up....if it is the team that ripped the Panthers...we are golden. We shall see. Hopefully we can break this trend of playing like crap against garbage teams.

6. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    They suck! We'll crush them!

If Bouye and Meeks are out again, Ben will definitely have his way with their secondary.

Ramsey just had a nice heaping plate of crow served up to him by the other QB he insulted in his GQ interview, now it's Bens turn to make him look stupid.

I think this is another comfortable victory like last weeks game. Can't remember the last time I was that stress free watching a Steelers game. Lets do that again :yeehaw:

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  7. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    The Jags starting center is injured and out for the year, Tuitt and Heyward need to dominate unlike in the playoff loss :facepalm:.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    How would you feel if we lost?

• Against The Rules Against The Rules x 1
  9. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    We're going to find out if we've turned the corner of being inconsistent and playing down to your competition or not. We should handle them fairly easily.

10. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012

Your right but it is not 3rd and manageable we are converting 3rd & 8 or longer. IMO rushing the passer and 3rd down conversion have been the two key points of our recent streak. Running the football is very important as well which we have done, but if we don't convert 3rd and 8 we don't get chances to run the ball.

Damn another good point too you bring up red zone efficiency has been very good as well. There was a time a FG was just about certain now we are scoring TD's. :smiley1:

11. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    To pile on there are some rumblings Ramsey is not happy and wants out.

12. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Yea, he made a comment in the local newspaper saying "You all are going to miss me when I'm gone." He is a lot like Bell, talented but stupid.

• Like Like x 2
  13. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012

They were talking this morning on Sirius radio how he was playing press man and the rest of the team was playing zone. Could be an interesting thing to follow as Ben carves they up for 5td's and 500+ yds!!!!!!!

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  14. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Agreed. The Jaguars are also on their third left tackle. Starter Cam Robinson and top backup Josh Wells are both on IR. Last week, they alternated Josh Walker and Ereck Flowers. I don't know anything about Walker except that he isn't good enough to be a full-time starter ahead of Flowers, who is horrible.

The absence of Bouye on defense would be important, too. He played particularly well in the Steelers' regular-season loss to the Jags last season.

15. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    The stress free was a rarity for our beloved Steelers but I hate to admit this, it got boring in the 4th quarter. Those bite the nails, can't sit still games do get the blood pressure up but when we pull it out at end it's so so so satisfying.

16. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I found the game against the Panthers very satisfying. I will happily take as many of those as possible the rest of the way.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Not for me, bored that is. I enjoyed the heck out of it while talking with you good folks.

The thrillers are great too, as long as they win.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I think this is a huge game for us psychologically. We can exorcise some of our demons with this team. We probably won't end up facing them again down the road but even so I think it will be a lift to the team and help build confidence when we face the other " elephant " in the room....
    It's all part of The Revenge Tour....

• Like Like x 2
  19. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    THIS, if anybody watched the Jags against the Colts, two items that really stuck out.

1. When they didn't run Furnett, they passed on short play actions with a lot of screens and wheel routes mostly to backs. This makes it hard to get to Bortles with our pass rush.

2. They will play man and keep 8 in the box to stop the run, but what was repeatedly open were the Colts tight ends. We do need our TEs to take over the game and come up big in order for us to win. The last time we played the Jags in the playoffs we scored 42 points but if you remember we had some unbelievable catches from Brown with some very tight coverage on him. I just think that would be hard to duplicate at their place, we are going need our tight ends to come thru.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2018
  20. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    I hope AB treats Ramsey badly.

• Like Like x 2
  21. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Bortles hasn't played as well this year as he did last year. The Jags were +10 in turnovers last year. This year they are - 11 in turnovers.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Bortles did play well last week. Fournette makes a big impact for that offense. He didn't have a great game running the ball against the Colts, but he made an impact as a receiver out of the backfield. At the very least, he is a threat the defense has to respect.

The Jaguars do use a lot of short passes and wheel routes to the backs, kind of like the two plays that the Panthers scored touchdowns on last week. The defense will have to make the adjustment.

At this point, I'm a little more concerned about Tuitt than Conner. Conner managed a full practice today. Tuitt didn't practice due to his elbow injury.

https://www.steelers.com/news/week-11-injury-report-jaguars

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    yup. Can't let the jags O line manhandle us like last time. We absolutely have to respect that team and gameplan for destruction.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    This team might have that fire/chemistry and fun it lacked before.

• Like Like x 1
  25. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    "I could have scored"

"Man, stop trippin'. Great run."

That is a great exchange.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1