1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

title edit: Hue Jackson and Todd Haley Fired

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Oct 29, 2018.

1. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    You mean Greg Williams.

2. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Wow! So you're starting a Rookie and pull both the head coach and the OC mid-season...

This after they win a couple games, pull out a miracle tie with Tyrod Taylor at QB and go to 4 overtime games.

You lose one because of your kicker, one because the return guy fumbles the ball. Realistically they could be 4-2-1 right now or at the least 3-3-1.

If you're not happy with the internal workings, then why don't you do something about it before you get to mid-season?

3. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    They are who we thought they are

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    He's not liked because he is an *******. Has nothing to do with being a disciplinarian. It's not just players, its coaches too that don't like him.

5. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    I actually thought Haley was the best OC the browns have had in a long time. That is a much better team than they were a year ago. Rookie QB who is IMO the best QB the browns have had in many many years. Their defense looks solid. Sure they fell apart this weekend but we own them. What did they expect? You would think that tie guaranteed that coaching staff jobs for life.

This is why the browns are the browns. Hue should have been fired, I get that. Haley should have kept his job.

6. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Haslam spoke about the discord within the coaching staff as a reason for the change. I'm sure having the issues between Jackson and Haley go public added to his embarrassment.

Watching the Steelers pull away yesterday couldn't have helped. Not only did the score get ugly, but it also looked like the Browns' defense quit on the Steelers' final drive. Pittsburgh didn't even throw once and you could see players, especially Collins, half-ass it on Conner's touchdown run.

7. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    No, ask questions said it was Al Saunders. I see now that it's Greg Williams. That makes more sense!

8. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Thanks a bunch. Finally.

9. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Poor Haley. Jackson gets fired and a couple hours later Haley gets called to the office. You know he was expecting to be named head coach, but it was actually his walking papers. I bet the look on his face was priceless.

10. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    I think we have a position for Haley as Ben Roethlisberger's water boy

11. Kevin James

Kevin James Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2012
    Jackson was a terrible coach to begin with and the final straw was when he put the Front Office in a bad position by publicly making a move to undermine Haley in the media, in order to try to take back play calling duties, or more realistically, because he feared Haley was gonna take his job. When you say stuff to the media and put your FO in a bad position and your like 3-33 as a HC, you should get fired.

At least Haslem has the balls to do it, while the other Ohio team keeps their pathetic coach. I'm not sure why Haley was fired, but my guess it was for appeasement, the same reason why Lewis and Tomlin have a job, cuz they both suck.

12. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Because he is a dick and no one likes him :shrug:

He's also nothing special as an OC. Ficht is doing a better job.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    There are rumors in the Cleveland area that Haley basically signed his own walking papers...thats why it was so many hours apart. They either offered him the job and he had conditions attached like a long term deal or more money/power....OR they told him they were not giving him the job, and he decided he didnt want to be there any more either.

Honestly I am glad. I really felt he would have turned that offense around in time.

HACK

14. Brownsgal

Brownsgal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2018
    Could be good news for all of us. Hue is on his way back to the Bungals.

15. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
  16. strummerfan

May 9, 2012

When you don’t do what your boss tells you to do you get fired. It’s pretty simple. Haley dug his own grave yet once again.

17. strummerfan

May 9, 2012

From what I read on Saturday Haley called a friend saying he was on the way to meet Haslam and expected to be named hc. Obviously that wasn’t the case.

18. uncblue012

uncblue012 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2017
    I'm just glad Haley isn't even remotely close to this offense anymore. Ben has been a completely different animal without Haley. Him being in shape helps, but he's able to run pretty consistently in this offense.

19. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I think we've all been in a position of working for someone we don't like. Makes going to work a lot worse. It makes a difference when you are happy to be there.

20. uncblue012

uncblue012 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2017
    Ben truly looks like he's having fun now. It's been an awesome development.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1