1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone got their new Nike jerseys yet?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SteelByDesign, Jul 31, 2012.

1. SteelByDesign

SteelByDesign Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    I was just wondering if they're out yet, and what you guys think of them (material, size, etc). I was thinking about ordering an Antnio Brown. Wasnt there supposed to be like "levels" of jerseys as far as pricing? I dont remember the names but I thought I remembered there being different price points.

2. Jack LHambert

Jack LHambert

Oct 18, 2011
    I have a knockoff Harrison "Prison stripe" throwback. It's pretty cool for the $50 I spent on it.

3. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Just curious, is it from China? I have seen some come from certain sites and the names are misspelled. For instance I saw a Mendenhall spelled mendyhall.

4. SteelByDesign

SteelByDesign Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Where'd you get it? I know a lot of people complain about the knocks offs but most of the ones I've seen there's no way you could know the difference.

5. xcodizzlex

xcodizzlex Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I got one from China, its a throw back 84, pretty sweet and is in great condition. Payed 50 total. the material is a lil wierd and stiff but thats mostly cuz the numbers are so huge with the patch

6. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    I ordered a big ben one from a guy in alabama and its pretty much perfect. I think it was 70 or 80 with shipping but it was the best looking one on there he had a bunch.

7. Jack LHambert

Jack LHambert

Oct 18, 2011
    It's from China, I guess? They mostly are, when you get a knockoff. I bought it on Ebay. It's quality, for $50. He usually sells them for $64.00. The one I bought was a bidding war, due to the fact it was the only 2XL Harrison he had, at the time. You're right SBD, you really can't tell the difference with most of them. You just have to find the right seller. I used to have a ton of jerseys at one time, gave them all away. Now I just have my collection of Authentic (knockoff) Steelers, John Elway and Mike Alstott jerseys (my two favorite players).

Here's the ebay link....http://www.ebay.com/sch/time-tested/m.h ... ksid=p3686
    The black stripes are painted on, gold seems correct, and the stitching is beautifully done. Hope this helps! :thumbs_up:

8. jftwist

jftwist Active Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Aren't the Nike jersey's from china also?

9. BigSteel

BigSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    I wouldn't buy either of these

10. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    I've got a MItch/Ness Webster throwback knockoff that you can't tell the difference and for less than 50.

Some guy from work orders them for a bunch of us and because they're so well done everyone was getting in on the action.

My webby is so good I want to order another from them. IN the end though it is a crap shoot as they're coming from china.

11. 12to88

12to88 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    I don't recommend getting any knockoff of the new Nike jerseys. Get them directly from the Steelers, nfl.com, or Nike. The replica jerseys are very different, and vastly superior to the Reebok replicas. They're about $15 more but worth it. The screen printing on the replicas is unlike anything I have ever seen: it's more like a rubberized application. This looks so much sharper. And the jersey is mostly a solid material designed to keep you cool. No more mesh (except along the side panels).

BTW: The Nike sizes seem to run a size smaller than the Reeboks.

12. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I was looking at them on steelers.com and kept noticing that all the numbers are "screen printed" and I kept wondering what that meant. So they don't "stitch" the Nike ones? I can't decide who I want but I really need a new Troy jersey but I would like to have a Heeeeath one as well. Also I am like reeeeeeeeeealy close to being 5'5 and I think I really need a youth jersey. All of my "adult" jerseys that I have swallow me whole big time. Does anyone know exactly what youth size I should get? With the Reebok ones I have a "youth xl" but 12t088 was just saying they are about a size smaller. Please help me before I accidentally waste 100bux!

13. MDSteelersfan

MDSteelersfan Member

Nov 2, 2011
    I've always gotten the Chinese made ones. Never have had a problem with them (misspelled names, etc....). I think they are very good as far as quality. I've gotten about 6 of the new Nike jerseys. (Roethlisberger, Brown, Polamalu, Woodley in black) (Polamalu, Harrison in White). I can't bring myself to get the new throwback one, but they do have them. They cost me about $25 each plus around $20 for shipping (total). I just dont see a need to spend $200-$300 per jersey, when I can get several for under that. Thats just me tho. GO STEELERS!!!!! :yeehaw: :yeehaw: