1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Why Le'Veon Bell is the best RB in the NFL

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by LoneGranger, Oct 28, 2018.

1. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Why, at this point we have nothing to lose and all to gain. We will get a comp pick and if he signs in the next few weeks we get a great talent at a time when we can always use another weapon....the playoffs.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    You win the internet

• Like Like x 1
  3. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Lolololololololo

• Like Like x 1
  4. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I don’t know about that. Bell’s $14.4 million hit goes down every week he doesn’t show. We’re almost $12 million under the Right now. And it’s any excess that carries over to next year.

• Like Like x 1
  5. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    that's pretty awesome

6. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    So basically, the Steelers are getting paid to start Conner every week... who has better production in '18 than Bell had in '17.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    bells agent and bell both gambled and it looks like it is not working out for them. Steelers must feel ecstatic.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. tyler christopher

tyler christopher Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2016
    Conners has been amazing and is faster than bell... But all that being said there is a reason ABs production is way down this year. Teams are not game planning or do they have to game plan for conners.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    Really? Ask John Harbaugh about that. Ravens defense number one priority will be to stop Conner. Guaranteed.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    ……...or??

11. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    Ravens will lose. Steelers will win.

• Like Like x 3
  12. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I will have to check that but I think your wrong but not certain

EDIT FOUND THIS:

As per Whetstone, it’s unclear if the money forfeited by Bell each week is immediately available as salary cap funds this season as first expected, or if it will be returned to the account at the start of next season in the form of an adjustment. But with the free-agent market having been picked clean months ago, it’s relatively unimportant when the funds hit the books between now and next year.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2018
  13. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    i think we have to count it so he can't just sign with anyone else but we are not really spending it. it's basically in a limbo account. it is getting smaller each week. if we pull the tag (which we can still do) we spend nothing and have 14.55 mil. in our coffer this year. he is then allowed to sign with another team and we lose him just like any free agent. if he sits out the whole year we don't lose that money but we gain a year of being able to tag him again. until he signs we spend nothing. :cool:

14. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Didn't I read somewhere that the Steelers are seeing more eight-man fronts than any team in the league? I don't think that is specifically game-planning for Conner. I think it more a matter of playing up because Roethlisberger isn't making them pay with throws down the field often enough.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I think you're right. They are seeing a lot of 8 man fronts early and up to the point where Ben hits them with a dagger or consistently starts to hit targets down the field. Conners stats early in games aren't as impressive as once the O gets going. Then you start to see the big chunks start to show up. This ties in to a previous post I made about our earl strategy on O actually playing into the other teams hands....

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    if ben could actually hit the deep ball our running game would be unstoppable, offense in general.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. IZONUFOTO

IZONUFOTO Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012

Conner will make more money this off season but NOT from the Steelers...from the NFL's Performance based bonus program..Since his playing time is increased and he makes minimum..$500k or so..he should make another $500K...Al got a big bonus like that a couple years ago

18. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    There's a morning radio show here that often does crazy bets with each other. Whenever someone on the show guarantees something, the lead DJ says, "or...….?" it used to end in someone doing a naked lap around the building!

19. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012

I have looked and can't come up with a clear answer if we get relief this year or/and next. After what I have read I am gonna say that as each week goes by we get the 855K added to this year and however many weeks he misses we can carry that amount over to next year. We are spending nothing but we have to claim his whole tag as salary.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Also an interesting note I found while looking for this info that would be a big slap in the face to Bell:

With each additional week Bell misses, his 2019 salary potentially drops lower. If Bell reports to the Steelers midway through this season, his transition tag salary for next season could be as low as $9.24 million.

Man that would be a real kick in the Butt if the Steelers were to do this and Bell would lose a lot of money over these 2 years.

21. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    They've supposedly already said they would. Now do I believe it? No. Not after all this....

• Like Like x 1
  22. LoneGranger

LoneGranger Well-Known Member

May 5, 2016
    You think after goofing off in FLA he is in any proper conditioning to be a weapon?

23. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012

Yes I do!!!!!!!

24. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012

I would love it cause just think how many millions he will be missing and if he sits out next year oh well, guess he don't want that money after all!!!!!!

25. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    BYITCH ain't in the NFL far as I am concerned. Best I'll say is he is the bestATTEMPTED WRAPPER UNNING BACK