1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Really?!?!

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by dexter402, Oct 24, 2018.

1. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Just letting you know there was some more discussion on the subject.

2. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    When Allen doesn't play, the Bills' offense a disgrace, every bit as bad or worse than any the Steelers faced last season.

The system was definitely part of the problem last year. Playing Mitchell out of place was part of it, too. But time and again, he took terrible angles or was simply too slow in coverage to do his job. Placing the blame for his failures last year on the system ignores just how horribly he played. It was a combination of schematic issues and Mitchell playing horribly.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Agree but knowing how bad he was I just figured they would or could of tried something. Maybe the Davis move could of been implemented sooner. They knew from the year before as well that Mitchell definitely wasn't going to be any better. A year older and what not. I hear what your saying but a true ball hawk at FS has been a missing ingredient for years. Trying to play a single high look without one....It's just frustrating that's all....9 times out of 10 the opposing team has a Safety in the vicinity. With us it's like 2 out of 10...

4. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Mitchell had like one good season with the Steelers, he's trash I'm glad they cut his slow ass. This clown making a tackle 10 yards down the field, then get up celebrating a tackle. Also running his mouth outside the Jaguars lockerroom in the playoff game, he couldn't back up his mouth with his play.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Young Jalen is also learning some humility regarding this as well; indirectly and directly.

"How is this lesson indirect" some may ask? Simple. One great season does not always transfer into the next. For true success to take shape, one needs to extended that success and build upon it while finding out what aspects can be corrected in order to ensure sustained success.

The Jaguars had their golden oppurtunities to do this with the likes of Teddy Bridgewater or even Lamar Jackson. They chose neither and stuck with Blake Bortles off of essentialy the "flash in a pan" expression. Now granted, having both the likes of Cam Robinson and Leonars Fournette out do not assist. That being said, Quarterbacks have to find ways in order to win games for their teams; circumstamces being irrelevant.

If anything, the aforementioned is just further indication that, despite popular belief, Blake Bortles did not "carve up" the Steelers in the AFC Divisional Round like so many are meant to believe.

6. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    Cab't see how he would be DPOW Cajun.
    Anyone in Myrtle Beach, check out Angelos for their steak. My wife likes the pasta bar. I go for the 10 oz RinEye. very good. Link here https://www.angelosteakandpasta.com/dinner-menu.html

7. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Thanks for the link I have a golf trip scheduled in April with a bunch of buddies and I think this will now be on the list.

8. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012

I agree about this, people wonder where all the hate came from well you hit the nail on the head here. It drove me nuts watching a 20 yard gain and seeing MM make the tackle and run his mouth......:facepalm:

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Ditto next week

• Like Like x 1
  10. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012

Nice enjoy what courses you playing? We are booked to play Burning Ridge, Indian Wells, Litchfield CC, Founders Club and Aberdeen.

11. THREE RIVER SHIVER

THREE RIVER SHIVER Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2017
  12. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    No idea. One guy puts it together every year. The rest of us show, drink heavily, and go where we are told when we are told.

• Like Like x 1
  13. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I still go back to two plays that sum up Mitchell 's time in Pittsburgh. Both were in the 2nd Cleveland game last year. The first was on a play where Gordon is the lone WR on a heavy run package. Haden has him on the underneath coverage, Mitchell is the safety over the top. Kizer goes playaction and Mitchell is caught looking into the backfield because he wants to level a runningback. Meanwhile Haden pressed and released Gordon counting on MM playing his position. There are 9 other guys responsible for stopping the run but Mitchell blows his coverage responsibility because he wants to level that big hit. One wide receiver and he ignores it totally.

The second was where TJ Watt was lined up as coverage on Colemen in the slot and Sean Davis was safety to that side playing deep and cheating to Burns side to cover the deep siding route. Mitchell is the guy responsible for lining guys up in the secondary. He should have realized Watt on the slot receiver is the weak link and moved Davis closet to the box where he could give Watt help over the top of the slot receiver where he would still be in position to aid Burns if they try to go deep. Kizer finds the mismatch, Colemen beats Watt and takes the inside slat and turns it into a long TD catch and run up the middle of the field.

Neither of them are scheme related and both are just examples of MM making bad plays.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    .....and he would Flounder when he was here.

15. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    They have great steaks and my wife loves the past Br
    That was Pasta bar

Last edited: Oct 27, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  16. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I like this play to sum up Mitchell's time in Pittsburgh (Dupree getting dusted is a nice touch).

[​IMG]

17. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    He really was not very good at least in Pittsburgh.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

Good job mitchell.. he gets 15 yards and your celebrating like you just stopped Fournette on a 4th and 1 lol

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

Burns will probably be a Pro Bowler when he leaves.:eek:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  20. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

one is too many imho

21. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Just to be very clear.... I've never been a fan of Mitchell and I'm on record for that. I still don't think he's the garbage many believe and part of his issues was Butler....

I am also on record saying it's time for a change @ DC!!!

Cajun

22. THREE RIVER SHIVER

THREE RIVER SHIVER Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2017
    Gonna go on record saying im not so sure he wasn't garbage for the salary he was makin. Two very important things were lacking from his game.....BRAINS AND SPEED!

• Like Like x 2
  23. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    I’d read that Fournette was running his mouth at Mitchell, giving him crap about not being able to stop him or bring him down. So then Fournette breaks into the second level, and Mitchell pounds him. Hence the “celebration”.