1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steelers Training Camp Day 3 7/27/2012

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TerribleTowelFlying, Jul 27, 2012.

1. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Re: Steelers Training Camp Day 3 7/27

I don't know. I'll ask.

2. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011

Tomlin's brief presser over.

He said-
    Heath still suffering minor ankle
    Ta'amu still suffering minor foot

Kapinos has back discomfort and is being evaluated. may have an update in day or two.

'Does dywer look to be in the shape you want him to be in?'

Tomlin- He's better than he's been.

'How does haley run practice differently, how are things different under him?'

Tomlin- It's not. I set the practice schedule.

3. IggySteel

IggySteel Active Member

Oct 24, 2011

THANKS for all the updates! Helps keep this Steeler fan in FL from going crazy wondering what's going on up there.

4. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011

You forgot the Redman parts LOL....I think it was a huge indicator as to who the man is going to be at RB.......Question something like does Redman need to show you more now that Mendenhall is hurt...Not exact ,but close I think....And Mike T took the hard line saying he has already shown Me the Staff and his peers he has Earned the respect of his Peers and our staff....

Also do not forget that Coach T wanted Redman to be the closer 2 seasons ago ,but BA just would not do it...Kirby has also been high on Redman since day 1,,again I think BA was the reason Redman has not excelled yet.....MT and Kirby would like nothing more than to see Redman excell....I am sure they are letting Haley know that....

All of the other RB'S are far behind Redman,they are still in the show me stage with the Coaches and the players.....Redman is in the we believe in this guy camp and his work load will show that....On a side note Redman also gave some info that we are running a Gap system...1 of the 1st. things the Gap system does is tell the Tackles if they are getting help or not....Quote from Steelers Depot 'the guys will now know if they have chip help or not unlike last year this will allow the RB'S to get out in the patterns faster'....

5. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011

Who? :lolol:

Just yanking your chain, Play. It was a real brief interview. I was having video problems, so transcribing was tougher than usual. It struck me as an answer that wasn't really an answer though, you know...the ones that fans complain about from Tomlin.

Here's some Redman updates from today just for you-

Issac Redman: "It's a done deal. Chris Rainey will be carrying my pads tomorrow"

Isaac Redman, whose helmet flew off one carry: "I'm just going to try hold it down until [Rashard Mendenhall] comes back.

Pads go on Saturday. Real practice commences then. RB Ike Redman can't wait: "You can't give guys credit in just jerseys."

6. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011

That confused me for a while until I realised it wasn't Bryant...

7. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011

Yeah, lol.

8. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011

How many times did they run the wr screen? JK, excitement is building.

9. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011

I was just reading an article by Wexell, where he was sharing a somewhat funny anecdote from today's practice.-

Willie Colon, the Steelers’ left guard – who’s attempting to make the transition from right tackle – was called upon Friday afternoon to get out in front of a screen pass to running back Baron Batch.

It was a one-man screen, but Colon, the one man, was having a hard time getting out in front of the pass-catcher. Colon’s a big man, and on this play his shorts began to fall down. Colon appeared to spin his wheels in futility as the shorts continued to slide. And then Colon fell flat on his face.

Granted, embarrassing plays occur to the best of them, and changing positions is never as simple as we in the media want to make them out to be. But it appears that Colon might be too big to be a pulling guard.

Here's a pic that someone just shared of the shorts beginning to slide away...
    [​IMG]

10. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011

So does it appear that we're just gonna use Rainey as a wildcat type player? I live in SEC country and know lots of Florida fans and they keep saying that Rainey is really good. My thing is just "yeah but is he NFL good???" They all say that he is. So I guess we'll see.

11. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011

:facepalm: just say no to crack. :cool:

12. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011

Tunch and Wolf interview Redman earlier today. A good one...

[tunchwolf21:1i5tclxl][/tunchwolf21:1i5tclxl]

13. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011

BA was the reason Redman is even a Steeler.....and I think you should give Coach Tomlin a little more credit than that....If he says Redman goes in...Redman goes in....and if he don't go in...then Tomlin is not the coach we all hope he is......This is not an anti Redman post....the boy has come a long way...and I want to see him excel...but Redmans rookie year he was not ready...he was overweight, and out of shape...his conditioning was poor and he could not pick up a blitz to save his life.

HACK

14. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011

true hack. batch and rainey are also going to take reps from redman this year. :cool:

15. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012

We have 4 QBs in camp, Ben, Leftwich, Batch and Dixon. I must have missed the team resigning Dixon so I was surprised when I saw him in practice. Knowing we aren't going to keep 4, who will be the odd man out, Dixon has the youth, 5 training camps, and some minimal starts under his belt, is it time to make him the number 2, Haley might think so????

16. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011

Dixon's gone. I think you must mean Jerrod Johnson?

17. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012

Thats what I thought, but the NFL channel was reporting from training camp yesterday that Dixon was practicing with the QBs, maybe they got the names mixed up????

18. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011

I read a bunch of places that he got hit pretty hard, his helmet came off, and he had to sit out for awhile. I never once read who hit him. I'm the one that always says one play doesn't mean anything in training camp, but I'm still curious. Did anyone come across that info?

19. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011

Didnt never get complete Info,,,but it seems it was Mclendon on a blitz PU......That's as much as I know and that's a long shot ...Heard it from a Friend,who heard it from a friend,who heard it from a friend...Thats how the coach to coach thing works....Never heard a dierct quote ...

And in response Hack....Redman faieled the run test his Rookie year then he went off in the Backs on Backers drill after that he dominated the GL drill and Coach T gave him the n ame Redzone Redman after he had called him anyting and everything up until that point...This was his 1st. season.....

If you reread my post I said that his 2nd year was the year that BA refused to use him,Coach T is similar to me in the way that he manages.....He doesn''t like to micro manage...He let his thoughts and visions be known...I think Red should be the closer,,,,I think Red has earned more work,I think Red has won the short yardage work......Yet BA did not follow up on this and Coach T did not force the issue.....No need to micro Manage,,,give the guy that has the Job a chance to show his metal....Which is what BA did and his Love for the Long Ball and Mendenhall cost him his job....

So I have a Ton of respect for Coach T...He is a little late ,but he still took care of the problem....

20. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011

Yikes, I had imagined it was while he had the ball, which was the gist I got from the quotes I read. I hope it wasn't a blitz pickup from McLendon. That means somebody made a mistake, because I don't care how tough he is; he should not be blocking defensive linemen. Especially nose tackles.

21. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011

Yeah, everything I read indicated that it happened while he was blocking. I haven't seen any mention of who else was involved, but if it was McLendon then I agree Snack, sounds like something fell apart on that play. McLendon is a frickin' beast, though. I can't wait to see him week 1. :herewego:

22. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011

i hate to say it but there may be some of that going on if rainey and red are teamed up in the backfield and they are setting up a swing pass or a screen. it depends who is pulling out. he may be expected to come up and chip a DT. :cool: