1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Burfdick

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Disco1981, Oct 18, 2018.

1. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Zero, Nada, Zilch....I take it he got nothing in last weeks game..3 or 4 unquestionable shots at people, with his previous ( not flattering ) resume...And nothing...

BULL****!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Mr.HammerZz

Mr.HammerZz Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2018
    Karma is ***** with puppies....This is ain't over by far. He'll get his don't worry.

3. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I read somewhere Friday is fine day. I also read multiple places he will not be suspended per NFL.

4. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    had that been James Harrison he would be serving 25 to life with no parole and multiple drug tests daily while in prison.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Wow ...this is why the barflicks, terrel thugs, lil ray ray continued with their dirty plays. There are no consequences.

6. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    And.....If he did even one of those hits against Marsha.........

Death by hanging!

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  7. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I bet Badell is behind this, steelers fans probably mouth off at him the most.. It seems everytime the steelers play the Bengals, the worst refs are doing the game and they always get out of control, Badell wants the best Steelers players injured so they lose to his Cheaters

8. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    He will be out of the league soon IMO, his play has declined probably why he took those PEDs.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    He's a decent run stuffer, that's it. He's a dime a dozen. In fact, with his propensityfor dirty hits and personal fouls, he's more of a liability.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Even the Bengal fans are getting down on him.

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    He was better than that in the past, but he certainly seems to be on the decline. He's also trying so hard to injure the opposition that he makes sloppy mistakes. Conner ran through him once Sunday because he was trying for the helmet-to-helmet hit. The Roethlisberger sneak that was wiped out succeeded because Burfict dove at his legs. Even the hit on Brown did more damage to his teammate than it did to Brown.

It was disgusting to watch the Bengals lead with their helmets so much Sunday in the Steelers' first game back there since Shazier's injury. I have to question the intelligence of any player who was on the field that day and still continues to lead with the top of the helmet.

Of course, the league's lack of action is even more disturbing. It is also more evidence that the league wants the appearance of caring about player safety, but they really don't care.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. dd63

dd63 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2017
    This is awesome.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
  13. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    vance is our gronk

• Like Like x 2
  14. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    I think it was a couple years ago when DeCastro went head hunting and knocked Burfict out of the game for a possession or two. The announcers just ignored it as if Burfict had it coming.

15. Bend Steel

Bend Steel Well-Known Member

May 26, 2018
    I am not sure how tall Roger the Dodger is, but I did not know that one could pile human feces that high. I pray each night before bed that ol Rog wakes up with incurable mount cancer and must quit!

16. GoalLine

GoalLine

Oct 16, 2011
  17. blake duerden

blake duerden Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2017
    Guess red flags on someone dont stand out on the field, just yellow ones

18. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    I want an official explanation of WHY they see no reason to fine or suspend Burfict for head hunting.

19. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    So is it true that apparently Burf-vict isn't even getting a fine for his blatant and deliberate attempts at injuring players on the field that the NFL is pretending to care about and protect? If I'm AB I am spreading rumors about a potential lawsuit against the NFL for failing to protect him. It's a absolute travesty. What a joke of a league.....
    He is being specifically targeted and so are others on the team. This is where the Rooneys need to man up and call this BS out....

20. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    And the NFL wonders why fans get so mad, you just look wrong at a player you get fined but yet we have guys like Burfict getting away with this crap. Come on NFL this is why we need these kind of rules, not just on the QB!!!!!!!!

21. Jares

Jares Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2016
    I despise Burfict and think he should have been indefinitely suspended years ago, but I do not know if it is fair to say the league only wants to give the appearance of caring about player safety. They've got a tightrope to walk with this as they've got players complaining about safety in one ear and fans complaining that the league is turning into a "no hit" league in another. It should not be too difficult to get rid of the dirty players and still have football be a contact sport though.

22. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    With respect, I have to say it is absolutely fair to say that about the league. I'm basing this far more on Burfict and the league's inconsistent enforcement of the rules regarding on-field violence. It certainly is an issue. I'm not sure why Burfict keeps getting so many opportunities to hurt other players. I'm still disgusted by the league's decision to suspend JuJu Smith-Schuster on a first offense last year because he stood over Burfict, which was all about optics, while Rob Gronkowski got the same single game for a vicious, ugly hit against the Bills even though he was a repeat offender. The lack of consistency is a real issue, but it isn't the primary one.

I base my statement on something I haven't mentioned on this thread, which is the league's rules and enforcement regarding concussions. The league is happy to punish players for hits that risk brain injuries, but it won't punish teams for failing to properly follow the league's concussion protocols. It happens time and again. Players suffer what are clearly concussions and the medical staff either doesn't check them closely or sends them back out there anyway. Think of the Dolphins' quarterback not missing a play in the playoff game against the Steelers a couple of years ago as an example.

The punishments have no teeth. Even when the league and the NFLPA conclude that a team failed to follow the protocol, the worst they get is a small fine and mandatory training for the staff. I believe it has to be a third offense before the league can levy a $100,000 fine. That is a joke. One of the largest dangers football players face is the risk of second-impact syndrome, which happens when a person who already has a concussion takes another blow to the head. That is what nearly killed Merrill Hoge on the field when he was with the Bears. His heart did actually stop in the locker room, but the medical staff was able to revive him. I fear that's what it is going to take, the death of a player on the field, to get the league to take proper action.

The owners are the league. They are really the ones in charge and they refuse to police themselves. They will only police the players and sometimes the coaches. That is the primary reason why I say the league only cares about the appearance of concern for player safety.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  23. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Did anyone else see the Broncos-Cardinals game the other night and some of the violence Von Miller did to Rosen. It was not intentional or in anyway dirty and 10 years ago it could be called just regular football. One one hit it looked almost like a WWE press slam as Rosen bounced on the turf after throwing a pass and Miller was hitting him as he threw. It looked worse than Watt moving to avoid contact with Ryan's knee and on par with some of the hits Burfict was leveling on Sunday. The thing about it is that there was no flags, and probably no fines. Heck the Monday night opener as I have said before had Stafford darn near getting broken in half by the Jets D and there was nothing. Consistency is something that they just aren't getting right in these calls.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    Watt gets fined 20 grand for his momentum on a pass rush leading him into barely touch a QB.

Burfict gets nothing for throwing a shoulder into the helmet of a hall of fame WR with obvious of intention of causing serious injury. Something he has a history of doing and has done before to the exact same player.

It's all one big joke anymore.

• Agree Agree x 2
  25. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    Most recent

The last time

How anyone can defend this is beyond me. The should be expelled from the league for this. They didn't even fine the guy.

TJ Watt gets a 20 thousand dollar fine for the following

Unreal