1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Terrell Edmunds

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TuRnDoWnForWaTT, Oct 17, 2018.

1. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Just curious how everyone thinks TE is progressing? I haven't had a chance to re watch any of the games. But from what I've seen live it seems to me he is getting better with each week. Can't be much worse than he was against Baltimore. Lol

2. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I don't know if it's good he's been quiet or worrisome....

3. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    For a Rookie I think he has been OK. Sometimes it takes a little bit. I can remember fans calling Troy Polamalu a bust in 2003, because he even looked lost at times.

I like when Terrell Edmunds picks a ball off I can tell you that, he has some wheels on him. I give him a B on report card as of now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Besides the Ravens game, he hasn't stuck out for being horrible. So I guess that's a plus.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    I didn't expect much from Edmunds this year. I hope the light will turn on for him next year and he becomes a disruptive force in the secondary.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    For a DB, sometimes no news is good news

• Like Like x 1
  7. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    Im just wondering if hes playing well enough to keep his job once Burnett comes back. I think at this point you got to letting him learn on the job. He definitely has more upside than MB does.

8. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Morgan Burnett will probably play about 5 games this season, Edmunds should be on the field alot.

9. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    This was always going to be the risk with Burnett. He has trouble staying healthy. If he plays, at least for now, he is an upgrade over Edmunds.

10. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    He's doing alright, probably not ready to start but Burnett is a China Doll :facepalm:.

11. Daddymac10

Daddymac10 Well-Known Member

May 1, 2015
    Terrell Edmonds has been adequate at best so far. Hopefully he can get better gradually. IMO, our safeties play too deep leaving the middle wide open...

12. dd63

dd63 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2017
    Just thinking back on the season, I can recall an interception with an explosive return, a fumble recovery on special teams, and a great open field tackle on third down to deny the first down, as well as giving up a td or two to tight ends and a couple bad angles resulting in some big plays being given up. So in other words, pretty much what you would expect from a highly touted rookie thrust into a starting role without the benefit of sitting and learning.
    If I were pressed for an opinion, I would say the arrow is pointing up.

13. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    For a rookie 6 games in. Adequate at best is completely fine. But, as you say hopefully he can gradually get better.

14. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    At this point, I wouldn't pull him out for a healthy Burnett. You have to take into account how much difference Burnett would make, and I don't believe it out weighs what Edmonds is learning out there. But what do I know?

15. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    Pretty much said what I was going to post. When I watch him play, it looks like I'm watching a rookie, which is ok because he is a rookie.

16. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    year 1: he's a rookie
    year 2: is TE a bust?
    year 3: another 1st rounder wasted
    year 4: Jarvis Edmunds
    year 5: with the 1st pick in the NFL draft

lol jk I think he will be ok. I don't see an explosive dynamic player, but that's just because the coaching staff is meh

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  17. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    While I understand your thinking, they need to put the best possible team on the field. I still believe a healthy Burnett is a better option for this season. Of course, they can still find plenty of snaps for Edmunds.

It may be a moot point, anyway. I am assuming we won't see a healthy Burnett at all. I will be pleasantly surprised if that changes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    yeah not sure what the heck is going on with burnett

19. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    It seems to be a nagging injury for a player who has had issues staying healthy. Maybe he rushed back too quickly and caused more damage during the game against the Chiefs.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  21. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  22. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    He’s had flashes. I mean he was a pick that had more upside than immediate impact from day one. I can’t say I’m displeased with his progression. He’s made some good plays and has really only looked horrible in 2 of the 6 games (Baltimore, then the whole defense looked horrible against KC).

The pick and the FF/FR were nice. He seems to be a really good open field tackler. Still taking a few wonky angles here and there in coverage, but I think he’s been more good than bad for a rookie.

I’d prefer to see him match up against the big TE’s more than our ILB’s... I think that’s where he would excel. He’s a great athlete, big, and super fast. I think that he could turn into a really good player if the development is there