1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Burns

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Disco1981, Oct 14, 2018.

1. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Haden is a capable starter, probably best as a No. 2 cornerback.

Hilton should be there every down. I know they only like him in the slot and I guess his size is an issue, but he did a hell of a lot better job when he was on Boyd than Burns.

When they go nickel, then it should be Sensabaugh on the outside and Hilton in the slot. Sutton has regressed, too, so they really don't have many options.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    sorry yeah I meant great defense, and not to knock haden at all, he has shown how much he means to our defense.

3. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    where the hell is brian allen?

4. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    He's playing on special teams and doing a fine job of making Heyward-Bey's return seem irrelevant, but the coaches don't seem to have any faith in him at corner.

• Like Like x 1
  5. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Sitting here watching the replay of the game, After Boyd scores right b4 half there is a camera shot of Ben shaking his head , to me it looks like he was disgusted of burns"es play ... lmao

6. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    That entire drive was reason for disgust, starting with the first of two terrible jobs by the kickoff coverage team.

But yes, Burns was truly awful on the touchdown pass.

7. nor

nor Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2016
    Here is the unsportsmanlike penalty tacked onto the end of the play against Burns when he attacked Jarvis Landry. The WR is only allowed to initiate contact if it's a running play or after the actual receiver has the ball and is running. So Burns has to get it thru his head that when Landry is blocking him, DISENGAGE. Because another receiver has the ball or it's a running play and there is no point in covering Landry anymore because he's not going to get the ball this play. Either Burns doesn't get it, or the coaches haven't taught it. Burns retaliates for Landry's blocking and it's a 15 yard penalty. Burns has to use his head. IMG_3090.JPG IMG_3091.JPG IMG_3092.JPG

• Informative Informative x 1