1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Another Deadline For Le'Veon Bell

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Marko, Oct 14, 2018.

1. Marko

Marko Member

Sep 6, 2018
    ESPN is reporting that Le'Veon Bell could return any time between Monday (Tomorrow) and the following Monday, Oct. 22, according to their sources. CBS is claiming that "some in the organization" believe that Bell is most likely to sign the franchise tag a week from Tuesday - after the 4 p.m. trade deadline passes.

I have little doubt that when Bell returns and when he is ready, and willing to play, he will be the starter. I think that James Conner will see more playing time than he did before this season, but he will be the backup to Le'Veon Bell. James Conner has shown that he can do a lot on the field, and he is a very fast runner, but he is still not showing that he can pick up the tough yardage. I am confident that if Le'Veon Bell was in there at running back when the Steelers had that 1st and goal from the one yard line, he would have taken it in. Instead, James Conner got shutdown, and the drive ended with a field goal, not a touchdown. If you eliminate the Steelers last minute touchdown, that would have been the difference between winning and losing the game.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2018
    • Disagree Disagree x 10
  2. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Totally disagree. JC was trucking people all game. He has 6 TDs this season, Bell had 8 all of last season. Bell fails to pick up short yardage first downs/TD's plenty. Conner is giving them everything Bell does and more.

As per Gerry Dulac, no one from the Steelers have heard from Bell. More typical bs from him to keep everyone in the dark. He wants off this team so signing after the deadline would be dumb but, it is Bell we're talking about.

• Agree Agree x 7
  3. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    Agreed Bell should not be the "starter" when he comes back. With that said, obviously the guy will get snaps, and depending on their performance would get more.

Conner has done nothing to be deserving of taking a back seat to Le'veon. It is the other way around.

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
  5. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    So...Florida smells like Bell sweat?
    :swoon:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  6. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Bell isn't gonna start. They wouldn't do that to Conner. I think he may be waiting until after the trade deadline because it might have something to do with how good our OL is and how they are also accustomed to his running style and also because the weapons we have on offense makes his job easier.
    Think about it...if he was traded and had to go to a team without as many weapons and a OL not used t his unique style of running he would probably struggle at least for the rest of the season,hurt his production and value...

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    In my opinion..... once bell signs the offer..... he'll get shopped and traded before his first available game.

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Could be. I think the only scary thought I have is that if Connor goes down it's the Steven Ridley show. Not that I have anything against him, but it's been a long time since he was playing great for the Patriots.

9. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    conner just tied two HOF RB's for most TD's to start in there first 6 games. franco and Da Bus. :cool:

10. SteelerfnVA

SteelerfnVA Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2011
    Seriously I wish they would pull the tag. Its gonna take him 3-4 games to get up to speed, he has a different style than Conner, the oline will have to adjust to the new back. If we pull it now he has to find a team and a deal, we know he wont play for the chance at a championship all he wants is money. Someone will take a chance but who cares, I think the money and headache saved is well worth it. Make some big moves in the off-season and take one last shot at it with Ben.

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Sorry, but no, you don't allow him back on the market at this point. You don't reward Bell for the crap he has pulled this season by giving him what he wants. You don't give away the compensatory pick you will get when he leaves as a free agent.

That said, I don't know what Marko has been watching. Conner has been very good at getting tough yards all season. He scored twice on runs from the one-yard line. There are legitimate concerns about Conner, such as the small sample size and the fact that he runs upright and takes a lot of hits, but physicality and the ability to get tough yards are not among them.

12. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    I would have a package of plays where Conner and Bell are on the field at the same time and run some RPO and play action fakes to keep the defense off balance, with Bell split out as a wide receiver.

13. TenaciousD

TenaciousD Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2017
    Start Bell...at WR3

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. knab70

knab70 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2012
    I'm sure Bell's been watching Conner's production and would think once he's on the field it would encourage him to work his a** off ASAP. Would be in his best interest to shoot out the gate with seriousness in mind beings his ultimate goal is to land with a team with deep pockets. (Competition is good)

15. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Is Bell reporting today, I haven't heard...Asking for a friend:herewego:

16. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    upload_2018-10-15_10-33-35.jpeg

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  17. Steelcitian

Steelcitian Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2017
  18. FeedTheMachineFTM

FeedTheMachineFTM Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
  19. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
  20. troybellringer55

Nov 17, 2011
    Sources saying he was seen pumping gas on Pittsburgh South Side.

21. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Still don’t know and still don’t care

22. THREE RIVER SHIVER

THREE RIVER SHIVER Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2017
    Is that code for smokin a fatty?:facepalm:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  23. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Bell missed todays meeting. No sight of him. No one has heard from him.

24. troybellringer55

Nov 17, 2011
    I'm not sure but, smoking a fatty while pumping gas, is in the book of bad ideas.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  25. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    Not at all if we are lucky

• Agree Agree x 1