1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

It's almost Matthew Thomas time

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Oct 3, 2018.

1. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    there that proves he can't control his speed. he should be there ready to make the tackle not running to the locker room. :smiley1::cool:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Straight up disappeared right before opening weekend

3. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Probably trolling the jags boards.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. CanadianSteel

CanadianSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Williams didn't practice again today, so Red, Fort and Thomas will likely all see some time. I thought Fort has looked good in his limited playing time. We'll see what happens.

And Burnette is likely out for Sunday, as he missed practice today too.... I think he was limited yesterday?

5. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Yes it is. The word "any" doesn't mean "every".

6. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    That’s a good place for him to head to on game day

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Yes VW98 missed practice and guess who got most of the first team reps.............Matakevich :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

It really is comical, Butler and this defense is the laughingstock of the NFL.. Joe Flacco just said this was the easiest Steeler defense he's ever gone up against.

Right now I'm just looking to see where we're slotted for the draft. Not that it matters since they couldn't draft a defensive guy to make a damn difference.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Matthew Thomas should have been playing since week one.

For that matter, we should have seen increased usage of some of those sub packages using him within that span the same. Add the Morgan Burnett injury and it really makes me wonder as to why Thomas was not used more often.

I am glad though he just might have his chance come Sunday.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Devin White would be an awesome place to start... assuming me and you both are pondering the same draft slot.

10. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Are you pondering a top 10 (or possibly top 5) draft slot for the Steelers?

11. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Well maybe the new regime can...

12. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I've watched him play quite a bit and he seems to be everywhere on the field. I read about some negatives as well but honestly I don't remember what it was he was getting knocked for. I heard great things about TJ Edwards the person actually liked him over White....obviously it's real early so I don't really have a opinion of my own just yet,so I will defer to you guys doing the early scouting.

13. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    This is pure speculation, but the Steelers would probably have to finish this season with 6 or less wins in order to get a shot at Devin White. He's the dynamic athlete (and football player) the Steelers and the rest of the league are looking for. He might be a better running back than he is a linebacker, I say bring back the Ironman type player and solve two needs with one pick.;+)

14. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
  15. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    The only thing that might be worse than Behre being forced into a significant role is Matakevich starting. He is too slow in pursuit against the run and useless against the pass.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. SteelerinKC

SteelerinKC Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Don't worry, I'm sure Thomas will get reps AFTER red has given up two touchdowns trying to cover a tight end. These coaches are a disgrace.

17. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    Yeah, neither one is more than a STs player. I don't want to see either on defense.

18. CanadianSteel

CanadianSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    FWIW.....

“He’s going to get his chance this week, probably, Butler said of Fort. “I think he’s played well for us and we’ll see this week how he does. This is a big week for him and I hope he plays well because I think he’s a legitimate linebacker in the National Football League.”

19. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Great I hope he does. I don't understand the rigid stance they seem to take on trying out some new players. Specifically the linebackers, they seem to try guys on the d-line and secondary.

I know wearing the green dot has a bearing on it as only two players on defense can have it and only one can be on the field at one time IIRC. This is where the loss of Burnett is being felt as well imo. If he had been playing regularly maybe the ILBers rotating in would be more flexible, but who knows. I think VW98 has the green dot now, not sure who else.

20. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017