1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Dobbs and Rudolph

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by MattyMo9, Oct 3, 2018.

1. MattyMo9

MattyMo9 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2017
    if the season continues to spiral away from us do we start to see what we have with the two young guns? I have to believe Ben walks away after this season for 2 reasons

1 he is declining and probably knows it

2 he can’t possibly want to be remembered on losing Steelers teams with no chance of a championship in the immediate future

So what do you think? If we are halfway through the season with 1 or 2 wins do we look to the future and see what we have?

2. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Let's see October Ben, before we break out the pitch forks.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    hopefully we can muster some lucky wins until bell gets back

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Until the “e” is placed next to the Steeler name in the Standings, it’s all Ben.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. 69-2now

69-2now Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2017
    Trust me we have a one game winning streak coming up soon.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  6. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    It’s too late

FA8353D1-0C1F-4F62-8ABA-27B2C69F929B.jpeg

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    Yes, absolutely. But I don't make that move until the team is basically eliminated.

8. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

rumoured to come back.. nothing for sure yet. If and when he comes back do you think they play him?

9. SteelAU

SteelAU Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2016
    yes. They have too, or the player's union will be all over it.

10. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Huh?

11. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Big Ben is going to have to be injured before you see either one of those two.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    The player's union has no say in such things. As long as Bell is getting paid, they've got nothing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    The only way you'll see those guys are if they are mathematically eliminated.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. SteelAU

SteelAU Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2016
    So if the Steelers simply don't play him at all, when he comes back, he could not appeal to his union for help?
    I can see he is an employee of the Steelers, and they have the right to play or not play players. But, if he is being punished, in their own way, I thought he had some recourse...

15. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    No, he has no recourse at all. Coaches determine playing time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Wait....what? This is your "Anti-Glemm" poker face? All I can hear in my head is the Eagles "Hell Freezes Over" Concert CD. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  17. MattyMo9

Dec 11, 2017
    I’m hoping they can right this ship but I’m afraid they are running out of time. This game against Atlanta is must win.

18. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Hope he is not injured already. He was throwing ducks last weekend.

19. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Even then we won't. Ben just got an OC fired despite the offence not being our problem. Ben will never agree to sit and Tomlin won't force the issue

20. Raymond L Hall

Raymond L Hall Member

Oct 1, 2018
    The last time I spoke up regarding B. Ben and I appreciate feedback one member said nice try for first feed. another said they would bench MikeT before they bench Big. Ben.
    As I stated before FIRST:

we have great receivers and tight end well I mean I think Jesse James is a bit soft. The running back coach needs to create better plays for LIttle Rocky Conner.

Here the thing- B. Ben does not scare teams defenses anymore. Think about this really. Two years ago FEAR. I mean FEAR was on the coaches and well as their defenses. Why is it that opposing teams defenses no matter the team does not fear B.Ben any longer. Do I need to repeat that?

Now if B. Ben could still ZIP the ball 20 yeards. If B. Ben could throw a 60-year bomb and it lands with accuracy and not behind them or three yards to the left or right of AB or any other receiver. When Ben is on yeah maybe but when he is off OMG we got three to 4 interceptions.

Look at the last game DUBS played and look at the way he threw the ball or for that matter Rudolph. Dubs was a much better player in every way passing, running and bringing the team back.

The offense gets it done then the DF will also get it done. The bottom line here is the Steelers need to bench B. Ben. Don't believe a word I'm saying go back to when Terry B got the bench and Gillium took over. Tape don't lie!!! BENCH B. BEN. SIT BEN DOWN FOR 3 TO 4 GAMES AND SEE HOW HE PERFORMS THEN. The bottom line with B. Ben, he has gotten too comfortable and so has you guys who think B. Ben is the answer. This year the players are younger and faster who can get to the QB and they are hitting hard. This hurts Ben and he can't take it anymore watch him. Bench this guy. Play DUBS i assure you we will be happy with the results.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2018
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  21. MattyMo9

Dec 11, 2017
    You had me until you said the D will play better by trying the young guys. The D can’t play better because the coaches and players are all terrible. Also you don’t bench Ben now come on man. I was saying take a look at what we have around the mid way point if we have 1 or 2 wins only and are basically eliminated

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Many of us (including myself) were calling for Ben's head after the Jagoff game last year and his 5 int day and look what happened. I may talk about how Ben is off and has to get better but he is our best chance to win. jmo

• Agree Agree x 3
  23. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Don't think I have ever heard anyone refer to Jesse James as soft.

Pretty sure he has been available every game. Turned in a 138 yard 1 TD effort a couple weeks ago.

Vance/JJ is a very solid TE tandem.

As for benching Ben, I think I am the biggest Dobbs fan here and I don't want to see him on the field unless Bens hurt or they can't make the playoffs.

Ben needs more playing time not less. He does worse when he comes back from not playing for a bit.

• Agree Agree x 3
  24. Confluence

Confluence Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2017

5 posts w 2 disagrees, I think we might have a mole from another team fanbase, i'm not buying,

25. Raymond L Hall

Raymond L Hall Member

Oct 1, 2018
    What I am saying is if DUBS comes in and creates scores and puts the Steelers up by two touchdowns no matter the condition of our defense they will show up. Just from the shared excitement and momentum of the game. This is the Steeler way. But when we are always loosing, no first downs 3 and out, interceptions starting slow. we only start slow because of the pay of B. Ben. 2018 NFL is about sharp young QB's who can take a hit and get the job done. Ask yourself how and why did DUBS beat out Rudolph. Go back to youtube and look at tape on Gillium and TB. Look at TB getting hurt and what Gillium did and when TB got well he came in and took the same team to the playoffs and then won the Superbowl which if I am correct was against the Vikings! We can debate and kid ourselves all we want, Ben today is maybe win one lose one until a hot team like the JAGS, KC, or T BRADY and company who Ben folds to every time come to town. Well, guess what the Steelers tied Cleveland, the next game could be a complete loss to the Browns. Big Ben will not win- a playoff game "IF WE GET THERE" Right now with Ben QBing we are in BIG TROUBLE!!!!