1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Both co-ordinators should be fired ASAP!!!! Ben needs to be...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Rawsteel73, Oct 1, 2018.

1. brosonke

brosonke Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2018
    Couldn't agree more. Small sample size for Fichtner and playing from behind for the majority of games has limited his playcalling. Butler needs to go at the conclusion of the season. I don't think coaching turnover in the middle of the year would change anything dramatically.

2. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    That makes sense, though the two misses I'm thinking of weren't tight windows. They were just bad throws to Brown.

3. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    In think rex ryan would prove that wrong right now, he knows defense and he knows the teams in the afc north, I'll bet you would see improvement right away and he would tell tomlin dont mess with his defense............

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. ljkjr74

ljkjr74 Well-Known Member

May 7, 2015
    Keep firing everyone and we won't have a team. Oh sorry I forgot we don't have on now.

5. coldrolled

coldrolled Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2014
    It looked pretty obvious.. Ben gave up during the game, either on himself or the whole offense itself.. but 2/12 on 3rd down is horrible..
    Let someone else play if you want to give up. that last int was a screw it all throw..

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I swear, I could just post that Billy Madison clip 20 times a day here and I still wouldn't catch them all.

7. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    Trivia for someone ambitious to find out.

When was the last time the Steelers fired a coordinator during the regular season?

Might be going back decades. I can never remember them doing this.

8. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011

BA is still out there but I bet he wouldn't take a phone call from Tomlin

9. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Wait some people are claiming that at some point Tomlin did take over the play calling and the D was playing well. Evidently though I guess he couldn't be bothered with that part of the team because he had too many other responsibilities. Possibly he was making the O look good ,except for the fact they ain't exactly humming along either. I guess he decided that the success of the team was outweighed by other more important managerial matters...

10. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

Why? Rooney canned him.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    The Bills defense regressed once he took over :shrug:.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Rawsteel73

Rawsteel73 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2012
    THE ROONEYS WANTED HIM GONE

13. Rawsteel73

Rawsteel73 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2012
    time to buck the trend or at least Tomlin takes over defensive play calling duties

14. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    That's what I want to see. People think I'm anti Tomlin when in fact I'm anti- not doing **** about fixing the D. Fire Butler let Tomlin take over and we can finally see what we have or don't have....

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. MattyMo9

MattyMo9 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2017
    Problem is that both Randy and Butler are nothing more than place holders for the real offensive and defensive coordinators, Ben and Tomlin.

Ben will most likely retire after this season but Tomlin will probably need to have another terrible season and with a new QB odds are it will be worst than this year if possible