1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Both co-ordinators should be fired ASAP!!!! Ben needs to be...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Rawsteel73, Oct 1, 2018.

1. Rawsteel73

Rawsteel73 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2012
    Scolded with a SUPER sized dose of harsh reality. Fichtner is just a face Ben is the defacto OC. Offensively we look offensive no originality or creativity with all this talent stupid bubble screens that hardly yield good yards. Ben is making real bad decisions 3rd and 4 u keep going long and missing bad first down first then the big play. damn its shades of the Arians era.Now on to Dick Butler(I know its Keith) it seems he kept the part of Lebeaus playbook that he threw away defense looks like Lebeau's in formations alone tennessee's D out plays ours we lack aggression passion tackling and coverage guys. the scheme sucks it seems to be designed to allow all 3rd and longs and makes avg to below average Qb's look hall of fame caliber. the play calling and schemes are wasting the talent away on this team something has to be done be we as Steeler nation know that's not happening as soon as it should(TODAY)

Last edited: Oct 1, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Wreck

Wreck Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    What

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. Rawsteel73

Apr 28, 2012
    u dont get it?

4. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I don't want to say I told you so with Fichtner. That Ben would be running the show.
    But it has materilized and this was what I was scared of.

• Agree Agree x 5
  5. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    This is why players play and coaches coach.. No such thing as player coaches

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Who?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  7. Rawsteel73

Apr 28, 2012
    he is a clone of dick lebeau thats what i call him running a off shoot of lebeaus defense it looks the same to me especially the coverages

8. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    I'm not ready to fire Fichtner just yet. I do think Butler needs to go asap.

• Agree Agree x 5
  9. GoalLine

GoalLine

Oct 16, 2011
    It is so bizarre to see a team that almost never has a strong showing in all three phases. It's either the offense is playing great and the defense sucking or the other way around. And on the rare occasion that both O and D are doing well, special teams stink it up. Usually it is a combination of two phases that struggle.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    The Steelers aren't going to fire coordinators during the season.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    Why not, the rest of the teams in this league fire coords during the season all the time including the ravens....

12. LoneGranger

LoneGranger Well-Known Member

May 5, 2016
    Tomlin will get to fire a few more coordinators before the Rooneys ever look at him. Can the Rooneys actually fire him? Remember they have a rule named after them which will inhibit any thoughts of firing Tomlin. So year end you will get your wish and hopefully I will get mine. Which is jettison Roethlisberger and Brown and Bell. Take their money and buy proven defensive talent from the free agency market. Start Dobbs or Rudolph which ever proves to be the best in a training camp competition. Wake everyone up. Let them know, no one has a job it has to be earned each and every season.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2018
  13. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I'm not a huge fan of Brown due to his antics and arrogance, but there's no denying his talent . I'm not so sure getting rid of him is the solution to any of our problems .It's bid just as easy as buying top defensive Talent . The talent had to be available and willing to come to Pittsburgh .Even then, its an offensive driven league .

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    mason or Dobbs starting we win like 2 games lol but it's better than winning 10 games and doing nothing year after year after year

15. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    You can't expect them to focus on all 3 phases during the week. They have to take turns making themselves look competent. Don't forget all the time excuse making and Social Media takes up....

16. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    ....because we are always a day late and a dollar short. Our coordinators are stuck in the 20th century and everyone else's are playing in the present....they just aren't smart enough to gameplan against a different opponent every week.....we are just gonna do what we do...obviously

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    If Ben is running the show I wish he'd stop dipping into Haley's play book. The QB sneak is the only new wrinkle I've seen so far this season.

18. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Zero points in the 2nd half. Not gonna win many games with that s"'! show. Maybe they take a couple of more weeks off and finish strong chasing a wildcard.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  19. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    With all the weapons Ben has he went back to forcing it to Brown

20. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

No. You didn’t actually share a coherent thought.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    When was the last time you heard the term “innovative” used in connection with a Steelers coach/coordinator?

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    I'd settle for competent at this point...oh and never and never will with these clowns

23. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Mark my words; Keith Butler will be ousted come 2019. Make no mistake about that.

The talent is there. The issue is said talent is playing within an incompatible scheme. Rather, for a better analogy, that is essentially requiring a "sports journalist" to become "digital mutlimedia journalist" in a field that said individual never studied. Yes, journalism as a whole is the same based on the general consenus but there are different forms of journalism.

As I said, I will be making a thread on this soon and will look to cover more about this. However, the general aspect still remains; Butler does not have a clue on what he is doing.

24. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Welcome aboard

25. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

To what specifically?

Seeing how inept Butler's play calling abilities are?