1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

TJ Watt

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Sep 24, 2018.

1. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    I believe he is an ILB who was taking a few snaps at OLB. I am looking forward to Ola Adeniyi coming back.

They should just give Bud" I love to get pushed around and owned" Dupree the 9 mill right now. I could have taken that pick to the house but glad he finally did something.

Watt has an upside that Dupree will never see.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    The plan was definitely to bring pressure up the gut and it was successful in the first half. In the second they ran out of steam. We tried sending DBs on blitzes and they wer swallowed up. It's pretty evident that teams have adjusted to that from last year. They need to find better ways to create more pressure on longer down and distance situations. Teams are having way too much success converting long yardage situations...

3. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    OA is still a long way away. It could be too late by then. They decided to keep the extra ILBs and then they don't play them. Some were saying Thomas was gonna get outside work and he hasn't. They kept only 3 OLBs and I think it's a mistake. I think they should have a rotation of 4 guys . Neither of the OLBs are really standing out and it really looks like they are completely gassed early 3 rd quarter when we really need pressure late in games. Since no one is really playing outstanding they could easily have a 4th as part of the rotation. There is no time to have guys patty caking out there because they are tired. They should have whoever is out there going balls to the wall and when they need a break send in reinforcements to do the same. Like I said all the surprise sacks we had from DBs last year we shouldn't be counting on this year.
    The front seven needs the bring the heat so our DBs can play the pass. Lord knows we need all the help we can get....Free Keion Adams:smiley1:

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. DSteelerCT

DSteelerCT Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Perhaps you're right about the double teams, but the Bucs ran the ball 11 times vs dropping back to pass 55, and had their best YPC all season. Not sure they exactly shut down the run, and even if they had, it was only for 16% of the plays. Would like to see a better showing for the other 84%. This week is a good time to make up for it though!

• Like Like x 1
  5. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    I think it's a mistake to not give Matt Thomas a chance on passing downs, especially in coverage. He did good in preseason, albeit against backups at times.

I say give the guy a shot. Looking to see this "dollar" defense and/or "seminole" package.

I can't imagine much of a drop off in production from what we currently have, so what is there to lose?

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    Had Dupree dropped that pick six or over run the sack, would you have been blasting him? They were there and he exploited them.

• Like Like x 1
  7. mgsmooth

mgsmooth Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2016
    As I said, I’m glad he was where he was to make the plays.

8. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    New DC?

9. coldrolled

coldrolled Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2014
    How many olb's do we need to go through.. and db's
    Maybe its Tomlin, Porter, Butler...