1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The Official Message Board Fantasy Football League(s)

Discussion in 'The Steelers Fans Fantasy Football' started by Ray D, Jul 10, 2012.

1. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Right now, we want to gauge interest in setting a league, or several leagues up. We will have to move rather quickly once August gets here, so if you are interested at all in participating, please respond in this thread.

The league(s) will be strictly for bragging rights, and TTF might have a board shiny for winners (to be determined). If we end up getting 2 or more leagues going, NEXT year, we have a wrinkle coming. We'll make a "Winners' League." We'll put the owners who placed the highest into this "elite" league. If this ends up being a yearly thing, you can make it into the top league by placing well in your league... or find yourself down in the farm leagues by placing poorly. :)

We're also gauging interest in a salary cap league which can have an unlimited number of participants.

So, if you are interested in one or both, post which you'd be interested in this thread.

I might not be able to do this alone for long if we get a ton of interest. Each league may need a different commissioner (depending on the site we use). So if you have experience running a league, and would like to help out in deciding rules, scoring, which (free) site to use, live draft options, etc, add that to your response.

2. romeo863603

romeo863603 Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2011
    I would love to join both. I've never done a salary cap one but doesn't hurt to try lol :yeehaw:

3. pjgruden

pjgruden

Oct 16, 2011
    I am a Fantasy Football FREAK. I love to play. I've never done a capped league either, but it sounds like something I'd like to give a whirl. Count me down for both leagues.

4. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
  5. Jack LHambert

Jack LHambert

Oct 18, 2011
  6. Azhriaz

Azhriaz Active Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I'd love to play too. Yahoo's fantasy football is free (i think). My family plays a league there and i like the layout for choosing players/making changes etc. plus they have an iphone/ipad app so you can make changes on the go. :)

7. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I'm in for sure. I currently run a very intense league so if you're looking for a commissioner, or just someone to help, I'm more than willing.

I'm only interested in a standard league though, not a salary cap league.

Also, the problem with most free leagues is people don't pay attention and it falls apart halfway through the season. I hope that doesn't happen in this case.

8. beastlyqb7

beastlyqb7 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I am in!! For the last 4 years I have used NFL.com Fantasy, that seems to have the best system. ESPN is pretty good too. I have used Yahoo once and hated it. Yahoo's sysytem seems to be the worst out of the 3

9. csykescollege

csykescollege Active Member

Oct 24, 2011
  10. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
  11. TwentyFourSeven

TwentyFourSeven Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I'm in. I've only done live draft leagues. I'd like to try a salary cap league as well. Let me know.

12. bnasty23

bnasty23 Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2012
    I am a die heart FF player I would like to be in both :rawk: :thumbs_up: :cool:

13. truckin9999

truckin9999 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I'll play.. I usually play in 3 leagues each year and I have always use CBSSports.com. But, I'm open to using other sites if the league/rules are decent.

CBSSports.com has free leagues, 12 owners per league

14. SteelByDesign

SteelByDesign Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
  15. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    I might be in, I've never played FF. I'm so diehard steeler and so busy with other studd I just never got into it.

As info comes in I'll decide. It sounds cool.

Cajun-

16. shaner82

Oct 16, 2011
    CBS doesn't have free custom leagues though. You can join public leagues, but I don't think we'd be able to get all 12 people from this site into the same public league. Also, the scoring rules and roster settings are set in stone in the public leagues I believe.

I use CBS sports as well and things it's the best, but it's not cheap.

17. victimofchanges

victimofchanges Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
  18. mthomas184

mthomas184 Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2012
  19. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Keep them coming, boys and girls.

The goal is 12 man leagues. But if we make several leagues, we'll try to make them as even as possible with number of owners.

I'll be in touch with a few of you for commissioner / scoring as we get a tad closer and have a fuller picture of who all will be joining. As far as free leagues not having enough incentive halfway through a season? Yes, that can be true. But you're still going to have to face your opponents in here. :D Even if you're in last, one win might get you SOME smack talk rights. ;)

Because we'll be going for custom leagues, we'll likely use Yahoo as it's the only one I know of that can do a custom league for free.

Personally, I would prefer to do a live draft. To me, it's half the fun of FF. Of course, if for some reason someone cannot participate in a live draft, they CAN still rank their players and the computer will auto-draft for them. The big question would be what date and time to do the drafts. If you have preferences, edit your post, or post your preferences as we start forming up. I'm a big fan of doing the drafts labor day weekend, as it's closer to the season, and most people tend to be off work. But if we run multiple leagues, there's no reason we can't cater each league based on draft day preferences if we have a disparity.

Let's whip up some more interest. We have over 1000 members. We're all football junkies. It's all in fun.

20. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I am definitely in for a standard league. I'm a FF freak, and usually do pretty well. Maybe the salary cap league as well. I've never done one of those.

21. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    Im in for a standard league. Pass on the salary cap league. Played in both Yahoo and ESPN free leagues last year. Yahoos was better!!

One of the problems you are going to have is getting every body together for a draft. As someone said previous "The draft is half the fun" and they are right.

Im going to guess you are going to have alot of people who want to play.

My suggestion is... Have a East & West league.

That way you can have a draft at say 7 or 8pm (local time) on a certain day in their own time zones (or close to it).

That way you dont have a player in California saying "Why do I have to draft at 4pm (at work) while Myron is drafting at 7pm from home?"

Just a thought. But this is what you will run into with a nation wide league.

Not to mention the overseas members we have. Dont even want to think how we will accommodate them!!

22. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
  23. bignasty92

bignasty92 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Im in. Never done FF but would like to give it a shot!!

24. SSylvester

SSylvester Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Interested in the standard league. It will be weird going against 7 or more other owners who are also trying to pick up Steelers' players for their roster.

25. shaner82

Oct 16, 2011
    I avoid Steelers players like the plague in my fantasy leagues. I don`t like to mix the two. If the value is right, I`ll obviously take a Steelers player, but I don`t want to have Redman and be happy that Ben threw a TD from the 1 yard line, but at the same time unhappy that Redman didn`t get the call.