1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Winners and Losers

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by MattyMo9, Sep 24, 2018.

1. takenoprisoners1

takenoprisoners1 Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2011
    Dude, nice alliteration...

• Like Like x 1
  2. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Winner

• Like Like x 6
  3. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Winners:

Juju
    Hilton
    Ben for the most part.
    McDonald - play of the night.

Winners-but-not-for-the-whole-night:

Dupree in the first half
    Connor in the 4th quarter
    Washington had some clutch catches - wish he was used more
    Switzer - really like this addition. Nothing spectacular, but solid when needed

Losers-but-not-for-the-whole-night:

Burns - looked to be up for it early on in the game, then went to ****
    Dupree in the second half
    Berry - one great punt called back on a penalty. Subsequent punt a waste. We can do better than this.

Losers:

The game of football, for whatever the hell they've done to the roughing the passer rule
    Sensabaugh - back to his old self, unfortunately.
    Boswell - needs to find his mojo. I'm not giving up on him yet, though
    Butler - has to better with the tools at his disposal. But this was a step forward, at least.

Overall: I said in another thread I was looking for hope in this game. I got some. The first half was a strong performance, all things considered.
    The main difference in the second half was the Bucs d-line stepping up, and a lack of imagination in our defense. I'll take the W.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    The Steelers won the game. I checked again.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  5. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Just barely ....

6. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    He definitely has a face for radio.

7. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I’ve heard of him, but he wasn’t some great player.

8. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    That’s all that’s required.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  9. BK99

BK99 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Other than Hilton this team has to have the absolute worst secondary in the league. I'm serious, and if I was a coach watching the Steelers play, I'd have my QB throw it every single play, and throw it long. Burns and Sensabaugh are both done, Burns will get next season but I'm calling it now, no 5th year option. Davis, no 5th year option, and I'm giving Edmunds a small pass because he is a rookie but he looks really lost, another Sean Davis football I.Q. and no instincts, he could be great but I'm guessing not.

Bud Dupree had a coverage sack and an INT that should have been a big gain as the TE was wide open behind him. Other than that he looked his usual self not being able to get off blocks and while Watt looks better, it isn't by much. The entire defensive unit looks bad, and by bad I mean awful!

Coaches need to go, the offense with a new OC looks the same, Butler has no clue and it shows. Then we have MT, I know some will get mad but this team will be lucky to be 2-5-1 after the next 3 games with the only winnable one I see is the Bungles. I will not watch the falcons game, that could get ugly fast. The only way this team has a chance is for the offense to score on every possession.

I also know the problem with the offense, when they practice they go against our own defense, every play looks good. How did the defensive roster get so bad and even with less than stellar players the coaches should be able to at least put them close to the ball every once in awhile. You heard it here first, Tomlin's first losing season is this year, this team is bad.

10. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    Winners. Pimply Dan. Saw him in the crowd

• Like Like x 1
  11. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Few things.
    What about Haden?

Sean Davis was a second round pick so there’s no 5 th year option for him.

The Bud Dupree hate is getting comical. The guy has a good game and the usual suspects try and discredit it.

You’re not going to watch the Falcons game? I’m sure you’ll be on he bitching about something afterwards though?

• Like Like x 1
  12. MattyMo9

MattyMo9 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2017
    Dude the defense is bad no questions but let’s not make the Ravens and Falcons out to be unbeatable. My main gripe is that if this unit doesn’t start getting better and we have players at this point that should be, this team has no shot at going all the way. You simply can’t be this bad consistently no matter how much firepower your O has.

13. MattyMo9

MattyMo9 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2017
    Where was Sutton tonight? I mean if he’s not better than Burns or Sensabaugh he should find his other life’s work. Also need Morgan Burnett to get healthy he was supposed to be a nice veteran presence back there but he’s go a case of the Macdonalditis

14. Thigpen82

Oct 17, 2011
    I'm fairly sure I've heard that before, though...

15. Thigpen82

Oct 17, 2011
    • Like Like x 2
  16. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Dupree had some good plays, but he still gets pushed past the pocket way too much. Played pretty good setting the edge, but it was against Tampa and they have no running game to speak of.

Switzer saved some serious field position with that over the shoulder catch and return. Working him in on offense is hit or miss, but he's definitely a spark on the returns.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Dupree played ok but all in the first half. He completely ran out of gas as did much of the D. People comparing him to Watt? He should be way ahead of Watt in his play. Watt is in his 2nd year and missed all of PS ,give me a break. I'll give Dupree some props but to say Watt wasn't doing anything they aren't watching the game in the trenches. I'm not trying to pile on Dupree like I usually do and it's deserved most of the time. Yeah he had a sack but also completely whiffed on one and he had a INT literally thrown in his lap. Yeah he had a good game overall but let's not pretend his criticism isn't warranted and start ragging on Watt.

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I thought Bostic played pretty well. He had the sack,some pretty consistent pressure all game,some plays in the run game and even made a nice play down the field. Overall the D seemed to be playing downhill especially in the first half. It definitely looked like less thinking and more playing going on. Hopefully as the season progresses their conditioning will improve ,even though the heat probably played a factor. Ther were some positives for sure but there is plenty of room for improvement....

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    If he finds him ask him if he can kick extra points.

20. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    They won the game duh

21. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Haden had a good game, he had a few PBU's.

22. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    bostic had a really good game.

vince not so much, again. why he is on the field that much amazes me.

dupree played pretty good.

haden played well.

the rest played OK at times, sometimes not. not very consistent. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Bostic may turn out to be a legit ILB for the Steelers. That's my positive post for the day. Now... on to the negative....

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  24. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    The Bungles...I wouldn't count on that

25. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    Huh? Barry was fine and had several big kicks. He often deserves hate but I don't get it over what he did last night.

• Agree Agree x 1