1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Puttin the other team away?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by rocketdog, Sep 25, 2018.

1. rocketdog

rocketdog Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2016
    We had 30 points and Ben had over 270 yards passing in the first half. Did anyone here actually think that we would score at least 14 more points or Ben would throw for another 200 yards and a couple more td's in the second half? Once more with a lead at half, we come out super conservative in the second half.
    We start the second half like there are two minutes left and we need to kill the clock We cannot put teams away. With our defense, is anyone surprised that Tampa came back and was one freak play from beating us? I'm not. This **** is getting old. End of rant.

2. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    While you make a good point and are right I am more excited we FINALLY won a game and that the defense looked a lot better and will talk about that......

3. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    We won. Enjoy it.

• Like Like x 1
  4. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    It is the Steeler way.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    It’s never easy

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I think they only had 3 possessions in the second half, that played a part in not getting anymore points.

7. tyler christopher

tyler christopher Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2016
    Very frustrating but they did only get ball 3 x. Boswell missed fg and then we iced game last possession so we really can not complain.

8. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    yes enjoy the win but we got problems still. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Yeah 2 long drives ate up most of the 3rd and they missed the FG which gave them good field position. That was their last possession until the game icing one.

10. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    I text back and forth with friend during games. B4 TB's last td we had the ball. He text me what do you think. I said Connor, run run run Punt. Guess what happen. and if Isaia had not held we would have lost that game cause Jackson't TD would have stood up BUT, I was also worried Ben would throw a pick 6 during the last 3 kneel down plays.

11. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    STs and penalties continue to haunt us. Butler drew up some pressure tonight and it worked early but we faded late. He is gonna have to continue to be aggressive up front and try to mix coverages in the secondary. If we go back to playing it safe...we will go back to the same results. I think he's gonna have to scrap the blitzes from the secondary they are hopeless and are leaving us vulnerable when they don't get home. He played some bodies tonight but I think we need more guys in the rotation to keep them fresh...
    Where is Fort and Thomas? A little more help off the edge is vital so we don't have to compromise our secondary by blitzing,especially when it's not working at all....