1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Accountability and Discipline

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by jaycraft72, Sep 24, 2018.

1. jaycraft72

jaycraft72 Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Another wonderful second half collapse nearly blowing a 20 point lead. The defense celebrating after making a couple plays. What a joke! Will anyone in the organization stand up and hold the players accountable?

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Penalties are killing us this year, agreed.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Illini_Steeler

Illini_Steeler Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2016
    They must get that cleaned up. I have to believe we have 300 yards in penalties this year.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Its been a reoccouring theme here the past few years, I dont think Tomlins staff can correct anything

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. CanadianSteel

CanadianSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    We don’t seem to have any.

6. sjromano

sjromano Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    D looked gassed 1/2 way thru the 3rd. Conditioning?

7. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    Since the Tebow game in 2012, which is 7 seasons now of the same issues to some degree one way or the other. Steelers sit back, shoot themselves, look like deer in headlights, all the things that bad coaching creates.

I have had enough of Mike Tomlin coached teams. It's been 12 seasons. I would prefer to start over when Ben is gone with an entire team. This team will never win a Super Bowl again with Mike Tomlin. We have wasted so many years of prime HOF quarterbacking, I am tired of watching it.

The NFL rules are also killing all my heart in football. I really hate that I can hate a human being for not doing anything like rape or murder. but I can honestly say, I have a hate for Roger Goodell and the owners like I have not hated anyone. They are slowly destroying football and I just dont know what else these ****ers can do to make this game less enjoyable.

These coward players and player reps need to take a stand. otherwise this game will eventually take a massive **** and be done.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    penalties have been an issues this year. The penalties havent been a reoccuring theme the past few years. You are also incorrect in your assessment that Tomlin and the staff cant correct anything.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. MattyMo9

MattyMo9 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2017
    It already has. If the Steelers are not playing I can’t watch 5 plays in another game. I used to watxg just about any NFL game years ago

10. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    Goodell has raped and murdered this league so I think your hate is justified

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. BURGH43STEL

Oct 23, 2011
    Well sometimes its the ebb and flow of the game in terms of a collapse. Teams make pushes.

How should the organization hold players accountable? Bench them? Cut them? Fine them? It's difficult to ascertain what some fans want in regard to accountability up to this point. Judgement and major changes usually happen during the offseason.

12. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    I rem penalities being prty bad if not lst year then the year b4.. If Tomlin can correct something then why doesnt he ??

13. Kreighoff

Kreighoff Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2017
    At one point I heard it was 3 games in a row with double digit penalties it will cost us a game or two somewhere this season .

14. BURGH43STEL

Oct 23, 2011
    Well you should check the facts. What people remember isnt always accurate.

According to one site the Steelers were 13th in the league in penalties in 2017 with 6.2 per game. League leader had 5 per game and league worst was at 9.2 per game.

2016 Steelers were 16th in the league. 6.6 per game.

This has been the worst year by far in along time.
    The penalty situation will probably balance itself out as the season goes on.

Coaches cant always control when refs decide to throw flags. Penalties league wide are only going to get worse with the current protection rules in place.

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. Marko

Marko Member

Sep 6, 2018
    The Steelers need to quit making faces at each other and work on tackling the opposing quarterbacks, in accordance with the new league rules. Even if the new rules are excessive, and unfair, this the way the game is right now, and the Steelers need to master it in order to be successful. It all starts with the coaches. Chuck knoll used to say that you gotta do whatever it takes to win. And, it all starts with the basics. The Steelers need to go back to the basics, and work on their tackling. Complaining will get them nowhere in this league.

16. bleednblackngold

bleednblackngold Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    What was TOP in 3rd quarter? It seemed like Tampa had the ball the whole quarter.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012

Tomlin is that you??? lol

18. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    Well I don't like to paint with a broad brush but yes it's me

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  19. BURGH43STEL

Oct 23, 2011
    Nah but can you answer the question in what should be done in regard to discpline and accountability??

Saying that no one stands up and holds players accountable isn't accurate. They disciplined Brown. They benched Burns as a starter. They cant bench every player.

From my perspective all the coaches and players can do is continue to work to get better. As long as the team wins everything will take care of itself.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    There’s no room for that kind of talk here.

The Steelers won. You’re supposed to be pissed.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  21. Daddymac10

Daddymac10 Well-Known Member

May 1, 2015
    Do anyone know how to tackle a QB without getting a flag?? Why rush against the pass if the refs won't allow you to touch the QB?? Can't hit low, can't hit high, can't use your helmet, can't fall on him ....next will be you can't look at him

22. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    15 yard penalty on #90 for shooting the stink eye resulting in an automatic 1st down! Yep I can seriously see it coming.

23. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Quite. Or looking for all the reasons why we shouldn't have won, because you know, it's a back up QB, and he threw for a million yards (which is unheard of when a team is trailing by 17 and abandons the run), he made some bad throws which would have beaten us if they were good throws, our guys only caught the ball by accident, etc.

24. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
  25. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Another one of our so calli ST experts,huh? Most of our 13 penalties I believe we're on STs. When do we seriously start looking at Danny Smith? These penalties have been costing us for years and years....

• Agree Agree x 1