1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Would you clean house if you suddenly became GM

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelers304, Sep 24, 2018.

1. Steelers304

Steelers304 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2015
    Crazy scenario, but if i became GM i would accept anything for Bell at this point, Trade AB, Heyward, Tuitt. Mass draft picks and go into the draft with maybe 11 or 12 picks while also clearing a little cap space in the process. Sign some winners no more burnetts or mitchells in the following offeason. Tank the season so we can get into the top 5-10 area in the draft and get a stud defensive player and a stud QB like Tua from bama or Grier from WVU to take over for Ben when he retires. Then rattle off a bunch of defensive picks based on production not potential and snag a few O line guys in between as the O Line is getting up there in age. JuJu and Washington are the future of the WRs, love AB but get what you can from him now. This team's defense is going to get steam rolled if we some how do get to the playoffs anyways. Fire everyone but Tomlin, give him 2 more years with a new regime

*slams another rolling rock*

2. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    The Steelers would be dumb as hell to draft another QB. What a waste that would be. Grier would fold like a cheap tent in the NFL.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. Steelers304

Aug 29, 2015
    '

We have nothing on the backups really so i get what youre saying but Tua or Grier both are obviously better than what rudolph ever was, and they're not statues in the pocket just heaving it to james washington for 4 years straight

4. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    Hard to know what a college QB will do in the NFL but he certainly has the arm to make all the throws.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Steelers304

Aug 29, 2015
    he would also slaughter pitt... yikes

6. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Or you can just start by replacing your inept DC with someone who has fresh ideas or someone who has proven they can design and run a defense at a high level. Those are two things Butler has neither of....
    You are never gonna get value for your trades and if your looking to win now with Ben the last thing you do is trade who on paper and talent wise are some of your best players....
    Now if you are talking 2-3 years down the road then maybe you clean house.....

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    Big arm doesn't translate to a good NFL QB. Ask JaMarcus Russell and Ryan Leaf.

8. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    True but man that kid seems to have the IT factor in spades. Love watching him play...

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    So having a big arm is a negative? I agree that it doesn't guarantee success but I'd rather have a QB with a big arm than a QB without a big arm, all other things being equal.

10. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    In other words, turn into another Cleveland. No thanks.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    If I was GM, I'd go 4-3. Get the best Alabama DT in the draft. 2nd round get a RB to roll with Conner. Get some DTs and DEs in Free agency. Move Watt to ILB in 4-3.

12. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    If I was GM I would have sold out on getting Ben everything he needs to win NOW....

13. Steelers304

Aug 29, 2015
    While they have sucked, they sure have came away with some legit defensive players are putting together something good there. I believe they will be competing for the north very soon

14. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    Yeah. This year. :facepalm:

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    would fire myself.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  16. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I do a nationwide sweep and round up all these negative Fairweather fans and have their tongues cut out and all their fingers removed. Oh wait does that fall under a GM’s power?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  17. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    what about the holier than thou?

18. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    Fascist.

19. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    If I’m the GM...

I get the head of Merchandising in my office and demand the Keisel jersey I can’t find anywhere.

• Like Like x 1
  20. steelcityclash

steelcityclash Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2018
    If it gets bad enough...0-6-1 for example...I’d look to trade Burns, Dupree, and other players who will be coming up on their first big contract...we can’t put ourselves in a situation where we pay for players that aren’t starting material out of necessity...hampering our cap for the inevitable rebuild... in other words, we can’t pay backups and depth before we have starters on our team...

If the Rooney’s and Colbert know we are changing our staff at the end of the year, stock pile picks to give the next guy the future assets and cap space to succeed as quickly as possible...

If the D continues to regress up to that point (0-6-1)...fire butler...put people on notice...let Tomlin take over D while we interview other new candidates. This gives us plenty of time to evaluate, and interview coaches and perhaps other coaches from other teams...we can take our time and have a solid plan in place well before next offseason activities. Let Tomlin have full accountability on taking control and allowing him to take full credit and responsibility for the elevation or continued regression ...once the season ends evaluate Tomlin... not on whether we miraculously make the playoffs, but on how we react to “adversity” - something he preaches on the regular.

21. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    If I were GM I would wait until this season is over before making any rash decisions.

• Winner Winner x 1
  22. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    yep, well sorta. i'd watch as the door hit joey, keith in the azz. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  23. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
  24. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015