1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Hines Ward on AB and teams comments about Bell

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Sep 22, 2018.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. takenoprisoners1

takenoprisoners1 Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2011
    Yeah, me too. His is still the jersey prominently displayed in my office (with XL, XLIII, and XLV patches). As for the notion that players shouldn't comment on other players' contracts, etc. maybe there's something to that, but I got the impression the players were led to believe (by Bell) that he would be there and then pulled the rug out from under them. In that 'unwritten rule' about commenting on players/contracts that are holding out, the 'target' (bang bang - um, I'd advise NOT listening to that on You-Tube.... you can't unhear it) in this case should also be completely mum on his intentions. He's living by the seat of his pants (and if he has to rely on rap royalties, he may not have those pants for long....) That being said, at this point the team should be grateful the longer he's not there.... you'd have to deal with him AND pay him....

3. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I am afraid AB has some mental issues.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. 69-2now

69-2now Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2017
    I reckon that swollen head is slowly deflating now that JuJu is #1 even though he's listed as a #2.
    Coming down off a high is usually rough.

5. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    The part I love the most is the cap space increasing every week. By all means, keep holding out.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Told you all that is a rule that you dont dot hat when you all were praising th oline men. You dont count another man's money in any profession.

7. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Shhh

8. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Not to mention that, should he hold out until week 10, Pittsburgh can tag Bell yet again without having to pay up the 25 million dollar tag.

Keep in mind, that tag only applies if the player actually plays out the tag via Article 46. That 25 million dollar tag would then kick in the season after.

That being said, as you and me both agree, tag him but allocate a first round pick as well. Someone is going to bite for certain.

9. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    JuJu has gotten better. Jesse is finally showcasing his skills and James Washington will continue to improve as the season goes on.

All this adds up to reduced catches for Antonio Brown. If that is what is to be in addition to the Steelers making the playoffs, so be it.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2018
  10. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I'm still glad the o-linemen spoke up. They chose the team over that guys pocketbook, they know their window of opportunity is closing. And they know Bell is an important cog to getting to that SB. But apparently the overall picture is lost on Bell in seeing the goal of team sports.

When they gave AB the contract over Wallace, AB made comments about Wallace's negotiating practices, no one made a big deal about that IIRC.