1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

You are the DC what do you do?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by bigbenhotness, Sep 19, 2018.

1. SteelerinKC

SteelerinKC Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    [​IMG]

2. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Ive seen some calls for the 4-3. I don’t know why people think that’s going to fix everything. We have a lot of players who we’d have to move on from since they are not ideal 4-3 players. It would be a complete rebuild of the front 7, including moving on from players like Heyward and Watt. We also have no weak side ILB which is completely necessary in a 4-3 (would we draft one? Rely on Thomas?).

The problem is our “communication” which is essentially coaching. If I’m the DC, I’m begging to draft or sign an ILB that is in the same mold as Shazier. Sign a pass rusher to go opposite Watt. Maybe sign or draft another CB. The sad thing is defensively we have enough solid players to have a quality defense... our coaching staff has to do a better job of putting them in positions they can succeed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. winggin

winggin Well-Blitzed Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Jam the WRs and blitz all game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Give big Dan more minutes..... gravedigger lost his shovel somewhere..

Give my corners press man to man responsibilities and let's see who the real weak link is

Safeties will have deep middle and intermediate responsibilities

Dial up multiple blitzes with lbers and nickle and dime backs

Tell the entire d-line to wreak havoc

Fire Joey porter and hire Kevin greene..

5. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    The gameplan against the Chiefs was omg they have Tyreek Hill he's fast!!! Lets play cover 2 zone. Then when that didn't work, they did some single high man and Burns got burned by Hill for a touchdown. Why is it so hard to play man but say if you are on Hill give him and only him a 5-10 yard cushion?

Bucs got some really good WRs. If we sit in zone all game they will kill us. I'd play man and give D Jax 5-10 yard cushion. Dial up some blitz.

6. MattyMo9

MattyMo9 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2017
  7. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Have Vontae Davis give me a ride home at halftime.

HACK

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  8. YinzerBuckeye

YinzerBuckeye Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2015
    I don't think we'd have to get rid of everybody.

Watt has always reminded me of Brian Urlacher. I could see him thrive at MLB. Heyward was a 4-3 DE at Ohio State and he could play inside as well. We'd probably have to draft a WLB. The only real piece I don't see fitting is Dupree.

9. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Well it's a good thing Dupree is playing himself outta town then.....

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011

At least let him give the defense a halftime motivational speech

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  11. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    They will have more options this week with Haden back in the lineup.

12. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    If I'm Butler I log into my Amazon prime account...

teach.jpg

13. pastorbob

pastorbob Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    can we issue hand grenades to our D-backs? they would still miss but with grenades you only have to come close!

14. steelers5859

steelers5859 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011

I think our DL group is better than our LB group. So, I would use McCullers and Hargrave as DTs and Tuitt and Heyward as DEs until I'm able to draft passing rushing DEs. Dupree, Watt and Bostic as my three LBs with the occasional use of one of the safeties in there place.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. SGSteeler

Sep 9, 2013
    It would turn our defense into a hodge podge of mismatching parts. Heyward is more of a DT in a 43 than a DE (lacks the twitch to be an edge rusher), so you’d have to throw him inside. Then do the same with Tuitt. Dupree could possible play with his hand down, but he’s the only matching part. We’d have to get a 43 pass rusher for the other side. Then we’d have no one at LB. Watt could maybe play ILB, but that’s a waste of his talents. Thomas would be the only LBer we have capable of the Will. Then we’d have to get a ILB to play middle (Shazier would’ve been an animal here).

So essentially we would have two prototype 34 DE’s playing tackle. A scrub at one end (Dupree) and a question mark at the other. Then we’d have an UDFA as our only Will, and no ILB....

The problem isn’t our front 7 with the defense. Going 43 won’t magically fix the massive suckage in our secondary. We need CB and Safety help. Hopefully Edmunds can help. Burns and Davis haven’t gotten a lot better (it hasn’t helped that Davis has changed positions all 3 years) and Golson never got started. We need to fix the secondary by either signing people that don’t suck, or actually developing our early round picks (which we haven’t done).

16. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    I could dig an heyward Hargreave, big Dan, tuitt front... Be interesting in the least and interesting is better than sucking at the same O'l same... Hahahahaha lets GOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

17. SGSteeler

Sep 9, 2013
    Btw. Love your handle. Go Bucks.

• Like Like x 1