1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

AB response... In summary, he's pissed off

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by mcam, Sep 20, 2018.

1. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Brown is the least of our worries at the moment.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Cooperstown?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

You know. Like when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
  4. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    I am surprised if he didnt.. He loves to social media so much lol

5. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    I thought it was a good interview. I'm not sure why a few are upset with what they feel is a lie coming from Brown. What does it matter what his reason for not being there Monday was? What was he supposed to say? Seems to me like that is between his coach and him. All players are measured by stats, of course they would be important to him when that is the measuring stick. I don't think that made him dishonest about his desire for the team to win. A skill position player can want and achieve both. Just my opinion anyhow!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    Is that heinz mustard sitting behind AB face palming?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  7. uncblue012

uncblue012 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2017
    I'm fine with what he said. Someone besides Cam Heyward had to show up and own up to the mistakes.

8. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    He showed up 3 days late, but at least he showed up.

9. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    From reading a few reports, my take was that his agent informed the Steelers Brown wouldn’t be there on Monday. So yeah, Tomlin hadn’t spoken to AB about his absence in advance.
    RE: Are you all about the stats?

AB: Well, your stats depend on the team. I can’t throw it and catch it myself. It’s a team game. I got to depend on Ben, I got to depend on the o-line, I got to depend on the running back, I got to depend on the other guys to do their job so I can make stats. But our business is winning. If we don’t win, nobody cares about your stats. You know what I mean? So I’m here trying to win. When you see me talking on the sideline with Randy Fichtner, you ask him what I’m saying. I’m ready to win, but to you guys it’s always spun as, oh yeah, he’s selfish because I do have big stats. But that’s what it is. You know, is all about winning. If I’m not coming here to win, if guys don’t want to win here, just send me home.​

Where does he say he doesn’t care about his stats?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Diamond

May 26, 2012
    Clive) From reading a few reports, my take was that his agent informed the Steelers Brown wouldn’t be there on Monday. So yeah, Tomlin hadn’t spoken to AB about his absence in advance.

But Tomlin says there will be discipline involved for AB missing on monday:

Trib:

Tomlin issued a brief statement after practice Wednesday.

“He and I met yesterday for an extended period of time. I’ll leave the nature of that conversation between us,” Tomlin said. “There was discipline involved for his missed meeting, for Monday. Some of the other things we talked about extensively. He’ll speak for himself on some of those things. Really, our focus is on preparing to win this game on Monday night.”

11. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    He said, "we suck" should have said our D sucks.

12. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    [​IMG]

13. Ryand877

Ryand877 Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2018
    I watched the whole interview. I still wonder if he is gonna sit the first half or quarter.

14. Diamond

May 26, 2012
    Tomlin is desperate for a win, AB is starting and will pay a small fine IMO, and thats the extent of it...

15. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    What confused me is he said he's mad because we suck and aren't winning. They asked him why he wasn't celebrating with the team with the score and he said because we were losing by 40 and then they say we tied the game at 28-28 and he replies you guys don't know me. Then they ask about his personal issues and he goes you guys don't care, all you care about is wins. But apparently he's mad because we aren't winning :hmm: Not adding up.

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. Sojourner

Sojourner Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2015
    I just honestly couldn’t care less about the interview or what he, Tomlin or the press have to say about it.

What I care about is how well he plays Monday night and if business will be booming or not. And...hell no I don’t want to see him benched for a game, a half a quarter or even one play over this.

We’ve got games to win and Tomlin has other means to discipline players.

17. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I was just going to post the same thing lol

Either way, I just wish I would see some of that fire from the defensive players. They should be the ones throwing gatorade coolers. And hey, if one happens to hit Butler in the noggin then you know what they say, "keep your head on a swivel".

• Like Like x 2
  18. Clive From PIT

Dec 14, 2015
    Granted, but that fits with (1) the agent informing them on Monday, and (2) Brown’s absence not being due to anything Tomlin would accept (without consequences). I.e., “we knew Monday he wouldn’t be here, we spoke Tuesday, he was disciplined not for being AWOL but for missing Monday without an acceptable-to-me reason.”

19. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    I know that's not why he was mad but I'm glad he said that and all the right things.

20. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I am tired of his antics, he is a headcase.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  21. Confluence

Confluence Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2017
    you really cant see it in this clip but behind him is a Stallworth jersey, if he wants to lead by example he should go to bed with that jersey under his pillow, throwing gatorade bins and making a scene by yelling at the OC doesn't set a good example

22. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    He's a Diva but he's our Diva so.....

• Like Like x 1
  23. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Actually, he showed up a day early. Players normally don't speak to the media until Friday.

24. Clive From PIT

Dec 14, 2015
    I keep thinking that’s Real Steel or Mustard after a Steelers loss.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  25. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    It was a reference to him dipping out of the locker room after the game before the media showed up.