1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

AB a no-show today, per Ed Bouchette

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by uncblue012, Sep 18, 2018.

1. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    I'm not gonna paint with a broad brush, but i just watched Tomlins presser, he said AB had permission to miss and he will talk to AB later today

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    Not to be a d*** but I'm really tired of the look at his record argument.. He's had Ben his whole career and has constantly under achieved with this team.. With the talent they have all they need is someone there to manage everything and make sure things don't get crazy and he's completely failed at that

Last edited: Sep 18, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. SteelersFanFromTX

SteelersFanFromTX

Jan 1, 2012
    It’s just the same thing year after year. The team is soft, undisciplined and has no heart. It’s really sad. Sign me up for 2-13-1 if it means Tomlin, Butler and Fichtner go. We need a new regime - start with Kris Richard, John DeFillipo or Lincoln Riley and go from there. We need to move on.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    yeah we have really become a drama show lol. Tune in next week!

5. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    I’ve been a supporter of Tomlin for a while, but he definitely needs to go. He’s lost the locker room. You can’t be successful with this much turmoil with your players. I know the Bell situation isn’t his fault, but this definitely is something he can control. I’m done with him.

AB on the other hand... I don’t want to speak on it without all the facts, but it’s not a good look if this is a tantrum of some sort. Sure he’s been a diva, but he’s one of the hardest working guys on the team and a supreme talent. We can’t let it get like this with a guy like that. The Steeler seem to have done right by him for a while, but who knows what’s going on behind the scenes

6. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Who in the media actually called him a baby? What do you mean by talking sideways?

Players are not above answering questions about their performance or their off-field behavior just because they are great. That is fanboy thinking. It certainly isn't the way members of the media think, nor should it be an issue with their thinking.

If Brown makes an ass of himself publicly, the media should report on that. It isn't their fault. It is his fault for the behavior.

The comment from the former team employee is not the media's responsibility and it wouldn't have gotten anybody's attention if Brown hadn't responded in a thoughtless manner.

When public figures do or say something that is wrong or stupid, it is not the media's fault for reporting it. It is the public figure's fault for doing or saying it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Agreed. I didn't really care about any of it until I read that he was absent Monday. If he didn't have permission to be absent, that's a major issue and possibly a sign of Tomlin losing the locker room.

8. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    you're the TSF version of Noah. You warned everyone of the impending doom and everyone laughed and mocked you. Now we are being flooded with Steelers drama and it's too late, the Losses will keep stacking, and Tomlin's fraudulent words can't save us.

lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Controversy sells.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. FeedTheMachineFTM

FeedTheMachineFTM Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    Tomlins presser

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016

I highly doubt he asked for permission to miss. Such bull****. No accountability on this team whatsoever.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    Reminds me of Terrell Owens. Throw me the damn ball....or else.

13. FeedTheMachineFTM

Jan 1, 2012
    I didn't hear that,I heard "he looks forward to talking to AB about that "

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Well that's not what i heard, and he said it more than once... i could be mistakken but prty sure im not

15. FeedTheMachineFTM

Jan 1, 2012
    He never said AB had permission to miss ..

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    So because he's a pro bowl player that means all his transgressions should be ignored? He is a baby. He is selfish. He's very immature. Why should thirst things be ignored just because he's a great player?

Blowing up on your OC on the sidelines because another player is overshadowing him is not okay. Threatening to break sometimes jaw is not okay. Asking to be traded on Twitter so he can price something to a guy on Twitter is not okay. I can go on.

Do you have kids? Do you tolerate bad behavior just because they are good most of the time?

The media should call it like they see it . If he doesn't like it then he should stop acting like a spoiled brat . Or if that's too difficult for him, then he should learn to ignore the criticism.

Personally I don't care how good of a player he is, I'd much rather a lesser player that does all the right things . Once upon a time that's what being a Steeler meant.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    The media works for money and to get it they frequently create stories that are not what they seem to be in reality. Some idiot needs to make a dead line, prints that AB didn't work on Monday, and lets that grenade fly for effect. Oh yes, he did leave out that AB did have permission to miss practice, but that would not get the reaction it did by leaving it out. Seems the article had its effect on all here. Don't believe everything you see in the media.

18. Ryand877

Ryand877 Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2018
  19. Steelcitian

Steelcitian Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2017
    The thing about Tomlin is hes afraid to do anything. He is super safe and scared to give the media any fodder on him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    He wants to be a head coach but doesn't want to do the dirty work that comes with it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  21. Steelers304

Steelers304 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2015
  22. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    But but but that's not the Rooney way, that's why they are so wonderful!

23. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  24. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Winner right there.:th thgoodpost: Ill wait and see what this is all about before I start bashing AB.

• Like Like x 1
  25. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011

But, he IS acting like a self-centered baby. This is not some creation out of thin air by the stinking local and national media. Besides, the vast, vast majority of media coverage of AB has been very positive over the years. AB loves the media attention that's positive, revels in it, but when it reports stuff he does that isn't positive he goes ballistic.