1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Wk. 2... the good, the bad, and the ugly

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by blackandgoldpatrol, Sep 16, 2018.

1. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Ugly: Renegade was played for our defense today, that should be retired until these fools keep someone under 20 at home.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Hey fizzle is working on it!!! he got a neW grill. Now that mug will take major plastic surgery to correct!!!:facepalm:

3. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Replace it with the Cheriots of fire theme song!!!:shrug:

4. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Finally got to watch some of the replay on Game Pass tonight. They had some serious breakdowns with guys being out of position on defense, but the corners just suck. Maybe it was the toe injury, but Burns was horrible all game long. Sutton was no better. They desperately need Haden back very, very quickly.

5. pastorbob

pastorbob Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Bens great if passing yds are how you measure qb greatness.I would prefer a qb who ares more about the Steelers record than his own!

6. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Bad:

Defense. What can you say, started awful, then they looked good for a brief stretch while Ben and the offense tied it up. Then went into halftime and came back out and went right back to playing awful. It's maddening. Communication and blown assignments still plaguing them. Thats coaching, inexcusable that is still happening.

Coaching. Aside from the communication issues, you kick off when you can't stop them instead of trying an onside kick? Yeah, probably don't recover but still have to try there.

ST. I sure hope Boz isn't psyching himself out. Pressure of a big contract, missed opportunities week one, doubts creep in, and snowballing from there.

Coverage was laughable and how did Berry keep his job coming out of camp? I mean Wile did out perform him didn't he?

AB. Stop being a baby. Left without talking to reporters too. Team doesn't need any more drama.

Good:

Jesse James, tip of the cap, damn fine game. 5 rec for 138 yards and 1 TD. He keeps getting better every year.

Juju, LIT AF. 13 rec, 121 yards, 1 TD. Whats not to like about this kid? Probably never see him behaving like AB today when he doesn't get his catches either.

Conner. That sideline catch was eye popping, thats a RB doing that. I don't even thing Bell does that. I told everyone before camp that he could catch better than he gets credit for. They were't running the ball but he still had 48 yards receiving, TD and 2 pt conversion. Conner says to Bell, hold my beer. You don't want to play, I'll take your job. Thanks.

Ben. After a slow start, found his groove. No turnovers either. Looks like elbow is fine.

Washington, got his first TD :applaud:
    He'll be the number 3 before long.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. stangboy06

stangboy06 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I was hoping that flanker Screen went away with Haley but they still run it three or four times a game for -2 or one yard

8. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    My first reaction when they didn't get the ball back was to say kicking off with 1:59 remaining was a bad idea, and maybe it was, but I understand the thinking. Boswell has never done well on those and the new kickoff rules have made it even more difficult to recover one. The odds were always low, but they are much worse now.

Also, Tomlin figured correctly that the Chiefs wouldn't be passing, which was the area in which they had been unstoppable. The Steelers had a better shot with the Chiefs playing conservative, though maybe if they force a third down on that first series, Reid might have trusted Mahomes to throw one.

9. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    It's hard to establish the run when your down 21...

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. FeedTheMachineFTM

FeedTheMachineFTM Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    While that may be true if it were the middle of the 3rd ,we were down 21 in what, the first 8 minutes of the game.
    Plenty of time to take some control and limited KC's chances with the ball..I mean damn,kid had 6 TD's ,maybe keep moving the chains and stop giving them the ball knowing we can't stop them..IDK ,remember the days when our D was feared,I miss those days,this D is just god awful!
    Defense wins championships!

Last edited: Sep 17, 2018
  11. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    vince foote i mean williams. counting your money you never should have gotten. making assisted tackles 6-7 yards down field. hmmm whos that remind us of. he knows where to line up though right kb?

ramon got pushed back into the pocket all day long.

boswell quit counting your money and kick straight.

berry, go away.

burns wow just wow.

anybody want to cover that big guy in the red pants and white jersey running down the middle of the field by himself?

vince nor bostic can cover anyone in the passing game, KB i dont care if you dont think he's ready put the rookie in or fort you dumb somna bi*ch.

we are in trouble this year.

we are slow in the secondary or slow to react.

we still cant tackle.

the good: we tied the browns.

the ugly: cant get much uglier.

:cool:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    Ben finally had a good game, his play in the first quarter sucked, and if he was in KC the crowd noise would have spooked him the whole game...

13. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I think you can only kick off there if you only needed a FG. Even if they stopped them, they would have precious little time to drive for a TD. Although I suppose you could hope for a bad punt, get a short field.

But they weren't exactly stopping the run either, Hunt was averaging 4.2 yards per carry. They just weren't trying to because they were torching them through the air.

I doubt they'd have recovered an onside but IMO, recovering one was the only chance to win that game.

14. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I was thinking the same thing about their chances of recovering the onsides, then I saw the Giants do it easily in last nights game. It's a crap shoot though, and doesn't seem to be a strength of Boswell.

15. Chainmover1

Chainmover1 Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2014
    ---On target post as usual. Hopefully it's a one day thing. Even I didn't know KC had not won here since 1986.[overconfident] I heard the announcer say that during the broadcast.

the good: we tied the browns.---Yep! If we end up tied we will draft ahead of them I think.[not sure] strength of schedule, Nah, we play them again someone has to win another tie not likely.

the ugly: cant get much uglier. ---IDK Mac, it's still pretty early. Just kidding! I really believe this is just a minor blip on the quest for glory. Yeah, just part of a master plan to throw the opposition off.

ramon got pushed back into the pocket all day long.--- [so what else is new] but if none of the young studs cannot win the job this OL is not good enough to win it all. I posted that last year and the year before also. Did I not see 67 in there on a successful run play? Who was he in for.?

boswell quit counting your money and kick straight.---I figured he used some loot to buy new expensive shoes. I called him and suggested he change them. [Not really] But did you notice his last kick did not hook left. Straight on. There is hope.

16. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    They tried early and failed. They also weren't down 21 the entire game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Nope, not elite. And I think there are more than a few who might think that way.