1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Good on ya, Ramon

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by KnoxVegasSteel, Sep 6, 2018.

1. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    And they also most know the formula of winning football. You have people calling bell this and that when some of the greatest leaders in football history are like no hes no not wrong. They should know would bad teammate and building bad chemistry is.

2. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    So shannon sharpe, lt, michael irvin, deion, kurt Warner, etc... were all idiots and bad teamates?

3. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    They did. Foster clearly stated" I'm making x amount less than he is". And he doesn't owe foster, pouncey, etc.. anything. They dont pay him a dime nor do the front office consult those particular individuals on any football decisions for the franchise. I do agree though if he did tell them that then it's wrong but they are wrong for airing team business publicly. Yeah talk about the last 20 years like furnace keeps doing. I've never seen any team during a holdout do what those guts just did.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    they are saying this is all you are going to get this year. 14.55 mil. so get in here and earn it with us and make your money next year. that's what i'm hearing from them. this is his contract amount for the year under the CBA. it's got nothing to do with what he can earn down the road. they will support that but that time has passed and this is what you can make. come and play because now you are hurting our wallets. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    I'm not mad at the Steelers at all. I think they are doing the right thing to protect their interests. I agree that we shouldn't tie up that much money in a RB. I am just also not mad at Bell for doing what he thinks is in his best interests. As the players often say, it is a business.

6. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    It's certainly possible that I am.

7. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    My view isn't from that perspective either. My point was that opinions vary outside of the 'Steelers bubble'.

8. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
  9. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Ok understandable.

10. shadowmaker

shadowmaker Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    No but there is 3 of them in "You F*cked Up" which is what Bell has done IMO

• Like Like x 1
  11. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Who the hell is Landanian?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  12. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I was pointing out an impressive nearly 30 year run as an example of a franchise that knows what it is doing. If you, a wee babe in the world, thinks he could run a team better, ok, cool, confidence is a good thing.

As for the second part, you havent seen that because Bell isn't holding out for more money, players understand that but Bell can't make any more money on his tag. He's holding out for completely selfish reasons.

13. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Lt from the chargers how ever you say his name. Mr.tomlinson.

14. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    So do you think he wouldn't have been there if he got the gurantreed long term deal he wanted?

15. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Silly question.

Why do you feel teams should pony up whatever $ players ask for?

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Slowly read what Formerscribe stated. He said “teammates”. Your list is not teammates of Bell. And yes, Sharp and Deion are well established idiots.

17. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    You do realize those guys aren't Bell's teammates, right?

I said any teammate that supports him is an idiot. And as much as I love Brown's game and work ethic, I have no problem applying that description to him.

Edit: I see jeh beat me to it.

Regarding former players, not teammates of Bell's, jeh is correct. Deion Sanders and Shannon Sharpe are idiots. Sanders in particular was a terrible teammate on many occasions.

18. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    I think it's an old wooden ship.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Steelers '08

Steelers '08 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2016
    I disagree. I think they should leave him and getting his money alone. I’ll bet if the situation was reversed he wouldn’t be saying that. To me Bell has earned a big contract and I don’t blame him for not showing up. Just wait till Conor isn’t ripping off 20-30yd runs or catches we’ll all be saying dang we miss Bell, but that’s just my opinion.

20. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    So terrible he was the difference in 2 teams winning a sb And is a first ballot hall of famer.

21. black hat

black hat Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I think you've hit on it. I suspect I speak for many when I say I am a fan of the team, not necessarily the players. In fact, I'm disgusted by much of the on- and off-the-field antics of many past and present players.

I've been a fan of the team for over forty years. While it's well-known for stability, the only constant is the team. GM's, coaches, players, and even owners come and go. Only the team remains. Do I think Le'Veon Bell should care more about the team than himself? No. However, it's silly to think that people wouldn't be mad that he threatens the Steelers success. Of course they'll be upset. The want the best for the team. No one who threatens that success is going to be universally lauded by the fans.

22. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Exactly right. When somebody threatens the success of the team (aka for-profit business) by not doing the job they are being paid to do, then the "team" has every right, and in all likelihood, will cut ties (aka fire you). I don't know of any job that wouldn't fire your butt in a heartbeat if you decided that you just weren't going to show up because you wanted more money. Sad part is, fans like us are funding his paycheck and filling the team's coffers to spend on putting a quality product on the field for our entertainment. The owners are obviously interested in making money and would be foolish to do something that causes a decline in revenue.

It's an interesting dynamic - what is more profitable for the owners - having LB on the field with his proven performance and play-making abilities or getting rid of his me-first attitude, distraction off the field and wedge he's driven within the team and fan base and going with an unproven JC in his place?

For me, I've grown weary of LB's antics, me first (and only me) mindset, and middle-finger-in-the-air attitude to the fans, his teammates, and the franchise. For my entertainment value, aggravation level, and $$ I'm OK with seeing him gone to go crap all over someone else's team and fans. I hope JC tears it up. Here we go Steelers!!!