1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Divided Locker Room

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Sep 7, 2018.

1. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Nailed it.

2. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Comes across as an olive branch to me. I think AB sees all his teammates making public statements, and he felt the need to let Bell know he's still family. ABs hearts in the right place here.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    They shut it down last year with Bell. Williams gambled with 10 guys on the line 8 in the box with a single safety playing almost 30 yards back in centerfield.

4. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    You also probably made him look again.

• Like Like x 1
  5. FeedTheMachineFTM

FeedTheMachineFTM Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    Exactly,and when / if he does do this and its painfully obvious, will he be asked to give some money back for not performing to the contract standards..

6. bhandsome08

bhandsome08 Well-Known Member

May 6, 2016
    I'm sure a team with a QB on a rookie contract will shell out the money. Look what the rams and bears are doing... QBs on rookie contracts and they're paying players big money to go for a SB. Seahawks did it and the eagles did it and got rrewarded with a SB.

7. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    The next team to have Bell will be very surprised when he starts asking for janitor pay on top of wr and rb pay because he picked up a broom in the locker room lol

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    That may be futile. One of them, and I’m paraphrasing, said don’t come back.

Here’s another potential problem that’s already been mentioned elsewhere. Let’s say they are cruising along with Conner, 6 games, 10 games whatever and Bell comes back. How do you think the team will feel then? Going to battle each week with Conner only to see him get unseated by a selfish Bell who’s only out for himself?

Some will embrace him and some won’t.

Bell better get his ass there ASAP because I see it becoming more of a problem the longer he stays away.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011

This is only the beginning. Imagine when he gets traded ...be 30 threads about that

10. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Oh the horrors. Don't worry your little head about that, no team will trade for him. They won't be able to negotiate a new contract until after the season. No one is taking that risk.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Heres some more from AB. Agree that he is showing real maturity. Hopefully his words resonate with his teammates.

https://triblive.com/sports/steeler...wn-on-leveon-bell-no-one-wins-when-the-family

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

Christmas came early!

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Just playing the "what if" game...I wonder if a team traded for him and showed him the contract they intend to sign him for next year. I'm sure deals are worked out without putting pen to paper. Risky of course, but his name parks a lot of butts in the seat if he's on a new team that is struggling like the 49ers for ex.

Does it sound like I'm trying to convince myself because I want a trade to happen?:lolol:

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Believe me I’d love to get some high draft picks for him but I’m not holding my breath!

15. blitz_burgh

blitz_burgh

Nov 15, 2011
    I couldn't agree more. How will you ever have faith in Bell again after those comments? I don't think you can. Honestly I think he holds out until week 8. How they use him and how he plays after that is anyone's guess.

16. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    Because he is a supremely talented RB who catches like a WR. Somebody will want him and pay him a lot.

17. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    He’s also 1 failed test away from a year suspension? IIRC.

Also a lot of wear and tear and two serious knee injuries.

I think he’s the best RB in the league but signing him to a huge contract comes with added risk.

18. Jares

Jares Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2016
    He's also now on record, through his agent, as a guy who wont give 100 percent and risk injury and future earnings. I can't think of other player off the top of my head who is on record with that kind of "me first" attitude. I think there are a lot more players than we know about who think this way, but no one is yet on record with it. If I am an owner whose revenue is enhanced by winning and championships and who knows their fan base wants to see a winner, I don't want a guy who is not going to go all out to help the team win. I agree that some team will give him a shot because they think they can change him.

19. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    AB was just making Bell know he'll be embraced when he returns.

20. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I don’t know about janitor pay but what are the odds he honors his contract 2 years in when another player gets something better?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  21. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    By some.

• Agree Agree x 2
  22. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Blast you know me I have stuck up for Bell a long time, all the way back to last season. When he didn't show up on Monday that was my last straw, that was where I realized he was not the guy/player I thought he was. I really believe he will be here tomorrow and if he isn't I am all about the trade. I think a trade will not happen cause of the tag rules.

Now as for the locker room being divided I am not sure about that. I know several guys have come out and been vocal but that is only cause he is not here. I am sure when Bell comes in these same players will be all buddy buddy unless he does sit out all 10 games. I feel and this is just my opinion, that we as fans are more pissed then the Players. I hope he shows up tomorrow and things smooth over cause AB said it best there is a bigger picture here and that is what we need to worry about. :smiley1:

• Like Like x 1
  23. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    We shall see. Those guys said some really damning stuff, hard to walk that back. Maybe with AB playing ambassador it will smooth things over. I hope so.

• Like Like x 2
  24. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I don't think you will hear anymore negative comments form Bell's teammates from now on, they said what they had to say about it.

25. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

With due respect Blast and, I am talking about apples to oranges here but Jon Gruden took that risk with Martavis Bryant.

Not saying there is a team currently but the circumstances could change to alter the possibility of a trade.