1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

So who’s sick of Bell?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SteelerGlenn, Sep 3, 2018.

1. rocketdog

rocketdog Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2016
    Every year we have to go into the season with some kind of F'n drama. Whether its pot, contract disputes or crime related, its always something to take the focus off the task at hand, getting to the super bowl. Another yo-yo season. Same old sh*t.

2. Jares

Jares Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2016
    We don't. It is just an example for the people who defend Bell by elevating what he actually contributes to society and think he really does deserve all the millions he wants.

3. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    The last 15 games without Bell, the Steelers are 11-4, so I'm not wringing my hands about what he does. I enjoy watching him play, and I think his effort and focus is 100% when he is on the field, but I've grown tired of his whining and overall immaturity. People keep citing the business model, and that is exactly what is at play here from the Steelers. They are looking at a RB that is closer to the end of his career than the beginning with two drug infractions and two major knee injuries among all the glittering football stats. They made their best offer, he wouldn't sign. It is what it is. If they can trade him great, if they can't, oh well, but I'm ready to watch this team go to war without Bell.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Doesn't matter if we're sick of bell.... from what I've been reading, his teammates are sick of him..
    Especially his o-line, which says more than we could ever

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Of course
    I could be a soldier. So could you. Neither one of us could be leveon bell.

6. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Not me ..theres only 11 Bell threads on page 1.. maybe when theres 20 :beathorse:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  7. Jares

Jares Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2016
    Well, that's probably true, but my point was more about what each contributes. If talent alone entitled us all to be rich then a contortionist should be rich or, better yet, where's my multi-millions for being able to hold my breath underwater for a really long time? Now I am not saying athletes don't deserve to get paid or even to hold out for more money. I was on Hines Ward's side when he did it. For me, it is more about Bell's attitude. He is only in it for the paycheck. He doesn't care about the Steelers, the fans, or his own teammates. Winning football games does not seem to be anywhere on his list of priorities. Also, I am not a fan of guaranteed money. I think his play warrants him to the potential for bigger paychecks by continuing to produce. Players have to play well to get higher contracts, shouldn't they also have to play well to keep it? Whoever gives Bell his contract, I believe, is going to watch him disappear after receiving it. I could be wrong, but he's shown me nothing to suggest otherwise.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. bhandsome08

bhandsome08 Well-Known Member

May 6, 2016
    How much of those wins are without Big Ben? Bell is more important than AB and backup QB when Big Ben is out.